RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,819
Currently online: 440
Newest member: Werner Bitterli

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 23 2013, 11:19 AM   #1231
Australis
Writer

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

He also had a thing for Dalmatian furries, iirc.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2013, 09:20 PM   #1232
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

I nearly got to meet Jim Rash a few months ago. He was in town promoting his new movie (The Way Way Back, I think?) and he was on one of the local daytime TV shows. I happen to work in the exact same building where the show is shot. So I'm sitting in the break room, watching the TV, only to have the sudden realization, 'They shoot this show live, don't they? Holy crap, Jim Rash is in the building!' I figured I knew which exit he'd have to use when he left. But by the time I finally worked up the courage to go down to the ground floor, I think he'd already left.

Probably just as well. I didn't want to have to answer a bunch of questions from security about why I was hanging around down there. But then, I figure it's not celebrity stalking if no one else in the building even knows who the guy is. (When I mentioned this to my co-workers, I got some vague flickers of recollection when I mentioned that he wrote The Descendants. But no one had even heard of Community and we're a freaking NBC affiliate!)
Old September 29 2013, 11:55 PM   #1233
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That episode might have been decent if they didn't do that cheesy 'Having Jeff inside of me' gag over and over.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 01:31 PM   #1234
Australis
Writer

Co-writer of 'The Descendants'? That's a good movie! Respect!
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2013, 03:20 AM   #1235
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
That episode might have been decent if they didn't do that cheesy 'Having Jeff inside of me' gag over and over.
I just love Jeff's reaction during that bit. "No one was inside anyone!"
Old October 4 2013, 06:08 AM   #1236
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Nathan Fillion will guest star this season!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/nath...medium=twitter

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 11:00 PM   #1237
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Something's up with Donald Glover. For his sake, I'm hoping it's some kind of viral marketing thing, because if it's not, it looks like he needs serious help.

Donald Glover has thoughts, fears, and feelings, and he wants the world to know. Last night, the Community actor and rapper Instagrammed a series of handwritten notes he'd jotted down on a notepad in some (presumably bleak) Residence Inn. Across those seven confessional messages, Glover finally clarified he didn’t leave Community to rap, as was originally rumored, but rather because he wanted to “be on [his] own.” Glover says he’s “been sick this year” and has “seen a bunch of people die this year,” and that, while he “kept looking for something to be in with,” he realized that “you have to be on your own.” He also shared that he's “afraid Dan Harmon hates [him],” “afraid [he’ll] regret this,” and, perhaps most poignantly, “scared [he’ll] be Tyrese.”
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 11:35 PM   #1238
tighr
Commodore

shivkala wrote: View Post
Something's up with Donald Glover. For his sake, I'm hoping it's some kind of viral marketing thing, because if it's not, it looks like he needs serious help.
His Twitter has been increasingly cryptic. I used to follow him (I follow Joel McHale and Alison Brie, too), but recently I just had to unfollow him because I found myself scrolling past his stuff.
Old October 16 2013, 03:00 AM   #1239
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

He's having a seriously bad "mid" life crisis. However his seems really really bad. Like needs help bad.
Old October 16 2013, 09:26 PM   #1240
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

tighr wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
His Twitter has been increasingly cryptic. I used to follow him (I follow Joel McHale and Alison Brie, too), but recently I just had to unfollow him because I found myself scrolling past his stuff.
I've been considering unfollowing him too for some of the same reasons. Even his retweets are weird and, to me, indecipherable. Hope he's okay.

Anyone know what he meant by the reference to Tyreese?
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 03:09 AM   #1241
Harvey
Admiral

gblews wrote: View Post
Anyone know what he meant by the reference to Tyreese?
L.A. Times says it's a reference to Tyrese Gibson.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 09:58 PM   #1242
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Community returns on January 2nd!

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 08:43 PM   #1243
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Is January 2nd the new October 19th?
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 09:34 PM   #1244
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ Yep.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2013, 07:43 PM   #1245
Stiletto
Fleet Captain

I finally made it to season 4 and with a bit of trepidation, I began to watch it...

I LOVE IT

I've heard so many reviews about how horrible it was, but I've laughed out loud several times like I did in the first season and part of the second. I like that the characters are condensed versions of themselves. The chemistry between Abed and that coat room girl in the episode where they meet was so much greater than the Big Bang Theory episode where Sheldon meet Amy Farrah Fowler (their gender opposite). Jeff is constantly on his phone, and we know that there is no one he is texting to on the other end (or at least as far as I've gotten in season 4). I'm not sure what Chang's plans are. Britta needs some work, though. I'd like to see more of Annie, too!