Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 16 2012, 04:28 AM   #721
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Yeah the episode wasn't over the top rolling on the floor laughing for 30 minutes, but it was a lot of fun.

Of course maybe I'm having withdraws.
Old March 16 2012, 08:20 AM   #722
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Our Stockholm Syndrome wore off?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 10:27 AM   #723
Caliburn24
Commodore

Good episode.

Was Pierce ranking his weddings an in-joke? It felt like it, especially when Abed emphasized it, but I couldn't place where it was from.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 02:15 PM   #724
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
Good episode.

Was Pierce ranking his weddings an in-joke? It felt like it, especially when Abed emphasized it, but I couldn't place where it was from.
All I could think of was Denny Crane from Boston Legal. We might just be over thinking.
Old March 16 2012, 02:29 PM   #725
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Yeah, in what has largely been a lackluster season so far, this episode was a real good one if you ask me.

Anyone know about the ratings it got?
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 06:41 PM   #726
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Dac wrote: View Post
Yeah, in what has largely been a lackluster season so far, this episode was a real good one if you ask me.

Anyone know about the ratings it got?
From TVbythenumbers.com....

Without the CBS comedies at 8pm, NBC got a big boost. The post-hiatus return of Community drew a season high 2.2 adults 18-49, up 46% vs. a 1.5 rating in its last new episode in early December. 30 Rock had a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, also a season high, up 43% vs. a 1.4 rating at 8pm last week.
I think it will be renewed, NBC is just going to try to get Sony to give them a better deal. What I just posted SHOULD prove to NBC that their Thursday comedy block is long dead. However this is NBC and they pulled it off the air for no reason.

Even better from TVline.com...

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/rating...ere-community/

NBC’s Community returned from its too-long hiatus to 4.9 million total viewers and a demo rating of 2.2, delivering increases of 36 and 47 percent over the comedy’s most recent outing (on Dec. 8 ) and a 14-month, non-sports time slot demo high for NBC.
What’s more, NBC points out that Community – with Bang Bang Theory benched by NCAA hoops — was No. 1 among Adults 18-34 and Men 18-34 during its half hour, besting even a little show called American Idol. Cool, cool, cool…
Year-over-year, Community was up 29 percent in the demo, while versus its season-to-date average it delivered a 38 percent gain.
That teed up 30 Rock, now in the 8:30 slot, for week-to-week gains of 18 and 43 percent, hitting 4.1 million viewers and a 2.0 rating.
Old March 16 2012, 09:10 PM   #727
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Wow, pretty good numbers for Community
Old March 17 2012, 10:52 PM   #728
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Wow, pretty good numbers for Community
Until Big Bang shows up again.

It doesn't seem to be a lot to brag about when the competition is taking a break.
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 11:23 PM   #729
Yoda
Rear Admiral

BBT is competition for Community in the same way that Justin Bieber is competition for Mozart.

Besides, it beat The Office which had a new episode, I don't think it's a stretch that the ratings are pretty good news for Community. Six seasons and a movie bitches!
Old March 18 2012, 01:56 AM   #730
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

BBT is competition for Community in the same way that Justin Bieber is competition for Mozart.

Besides, it beat The Office which had a new episode, I don't think it's a stretch that the ratings are pretty good news for Community. Six seasons and a movie bitches!
The competition is ratings, content is irrelevant, BBT will get renewed and Community is struggling. There IS a competition in that timeslot. And NBC continually gets curb-stomped, despite my wishing otherwise (I basically only watch NBC it seems! I'm loving the Community-30Rock-Office lineup so much!)

And did it really beat the Office? Is the "share" the number to brag about? I'm not really sure, but it doesn't seem there was much of a win, either way.

Communty 2.2 (rating), 7 (Share), 4.75 million viewers.
The Office 2.4 (rating), 6 (Share), 4.87 million viewers.
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 06:55 AM   #731
Jono
Rear Admiral

Average episode. Glad it's back but it wasn't worth the wait really.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 07:09 AM   #732
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

It was a decent episode...at least we know there is some awesome stuff waiting for us down the road. I wasn't expecting them to come back with a huge bang.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 10:42 AM   #733
Yoda
Rear Admiral

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
The competition is ratings, content is irrelevant, BBT will get renewed and Community is struggling. There IS a competition in that timeslot. And NBC continually gets curb-stomped, despite my wishing otherwise (I basically only watch NBC it seems! I'm loving the Community-30Rock-Office lineup so much!)

And did it really beat the Office? Is the "share" the number to brag about? I'm not really sure, but it doesn't seem there was much of a win, either way.

Communty 2.2 (rating), 7 (Share), 4.75 million viewers.
The Office 2.4 (rating), 6 (Share), 4.87 million viewers.
Ok, so it was a slight loss after adjustments. But the point is that The Office is considered to be one of NBC's stronger shows in the ratings. Community doesn't need to compete with Big Bang's numbers, it needs to do well relative to the numbers NBC as a network manages to pull.

I don't even pay attention to time slots, the days where TV networks get to schedule when I watch their shows is long gone. Is Community in Big Bang's slot? I'm sure the NBC executives will take that into account come a renewal decision. They know they can't compete viewer for viewer with a big CBS show.
Old March 18 2012, 07:28 PM   #734
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

I don't even pay attention to time slots, the days where TV networks get to schedule when I watch their shows is long gone. Is Community in Big Bang's slot? I'm sure the NBC executives will take that into account come a renewal decision. They know they can't compete viewer for viewer with a big CBS show.
But they WANT to. If they have a show they think will be MORE appealing to a larger number of people, Community is gone.

NBC hasn't given UP (though, yeah, based on content, it seems to be so) in competing with the other networks.

The reality is they ARE in competition with other networks, time slots and ratings DO matter.
Old March 18 2012, 07:48 PM   #735
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Not exactly, they don't just need a show that they think will appeal to more viewers than Community, they need numerous such shows. As TV by the Numbers might put it, they don't need outrun the 'cancellation bear', just some of the other shit on NBC.

I didn't say ratings didn't matter, my whole point was that ratings do matter and the ratings they got are a good sign, not a bad one. Not because the ratings are runaway smash hit status, but because NBC knows whatever piece of vomit they pull out of their pilot season will probably end up worse.

And hey, it looks like they may have inherited those sweet Subway product placement dollars. Those bucks helped kept old Chuck afloat a lot longer than most people thought was possible.