Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old January 15 2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile
New Interview with Steve Mollmann & Michael Schuster

My interview with Steve Mollmann and Michael Schuster is now online over at Unreality SF.

Among other things we talk about their short novel Tear of Eridanus, recently released in Myriad Universes: Shattered Light, their debut novella The Future Begins and their upcoming Original Series novel A Choice of Catastrophes.

A Choice of Catastrophes is “set in early 2268, so smack-dab in the middle of the original series,” as Michael discloses. “The main character is Doctor McCoy, and he has one entire thread almost to himself, whereas Kirk, Spock, and the rest of the landing party have to share theirs,” in which “they get enough danger and action to make up for it.”

Getting a bit more into the specifics of the book’s narrative, he adds that “while McCoy has to find a way to save the lives of a handful of people that have inexplicably fallen into a coma as well as the lives of everybody aboard the Enterprise when the ship is threatened by a destructive space phenomenon, Kirk et al. are exploring a mysterious planet that seems abandoned by the civilisation it was once inhabited by. What they discover is a terrible crime in progress, and they will need all their skills to put a stop to it and capture the perpetrators before they escape.
You can read the full interview here.

Last edited by Defcon; January 15 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2011, 11:08 PM   #2
JD
Admiral

Re: New Interview with Steve Mollmann & Michael Schuster

Very interesting thanks for posting. Oh, and I'm still working my way through Tears of Eridanus, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I absolutely love Vulcans, Andorians, and the Sulus so it's right up my alley.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 05:46 AM   #3
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Very interesting thanks for posting. Oh, and I'm still working my way through Tears of Eridanus, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I absolutely love Vulcans, Andorians, and the Sulus so it's right up my alley.
Glad we hit your perfect buttons!
Old January 16 2011, 07:18 AM   #4
ClayinCA
Commodore

So, wait...Jaime Costas is now gone too?? That's what, three editors in three years?

As to the books mentioned here, I can't wait for A Choice of Catastrophes. I've always been a sucker for a McCoy story!
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2011, 10:59 PM   #5
JAG
Vice Admiral

Absolutely loved the Tears of Eridanus guys! It was a wonderful read, and a nice twist to the universe we know.
Old January 18 2011, 03:50 AM   #6
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
As to the books mentioned here, I can't wait for A Choice of Catastrophes. I've always been a sucker for a McCoy story!
Well, I hope you enjoy it! When we finally finish it.
JAG wrote: View Post
Absolutely loved the Tears of Eridanus guys! It was a wonderful read, and a nice twist to the universe we know.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.