RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,867
Posts: 5,328,910
Members: 24,556
Currently online: 528
Newest member: ndjamena

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 29 2010, 04:48 AM   #1
SVD
Captain
 
SVD's Avatar
 
Location: The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
The TrekBBS weather report

Today in the Sacramento Valley: about 75 F/24 C, cloudy and sprinkles. Very unusual and depressing, we're supposed to be at 93 F/34 C and sunshine .

It's suposed to rebound to there by Tuesday.

What's going on in your neck of the woods, meteorologically speaking?
__________________
... ...- -..
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 04:50 AM   #2
ancientone51
Rear Admiral
 
ancientone51's Avatar
 
Location: Texas, USA
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Swap you! Thta's about where we were, nearly too hot again.
__________________
Holdfast to whatever gets you through the bads.

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Too damned hot. Half of my front lawn is brown.
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:33 AM   #4
SVD
Captain
 
SVD's Avatar
 
Location: The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
.... Half of my front lawn is brown.
I'm sorry, I cant help but . Brown and yellow grass nothing new to Californians, our roadsides have been that way since May. For a green lawn in your area, I have the following prescription until the rains come back: a hose and sprinkler set, though it might be hard to lay your hands on such alien technology.
__________________
... ...- -..
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:35 AM   #5
Canadave
Vice Admiral
 
Canadave's Avatar
 
Location: Saint Catharines, ON
View Canadave's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

It was sticking to the low 20s for most of the last week (felt like fall, 'twas glorious) but we're headed back up towards 30 tomorrow. Blech.
__________________
My blog!
Canadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:37 AM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

SacmtoValleyMan wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
.... Half of my front lawn is brown.
I'm sorry, I cant help but . Brown and yellow grass nothing new to Californians, our roadsides have been that way since May. For a green lawn in your area, I have the following prescription until the rains come back: a hose and sprinkler set, though it might be hard to lay your hands on such alien technology.
I do have a hose and a sprinkler. I was on vacation for two weeks and I could not water my lawn.

This sucks, because this lawn in itself is only two years old (I had to replace it after a bad storm - trees fell down and a lot of my lawn got torn to shreds). And I'm guessing my homeowner's insurance does not cover heat.
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:39 AM   #7
Sparky
Commodore
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta. Canuckistan
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

SacmtoValleyMan wrote: View Post
Today in the Sacramento Valley: about 75 F/24 C, cloudy and sprinkles. Very unusual and depressing, we're supposed to be at 93 F/34 C and sunshine .

It's suposed to rebound to there by Tuesday.

What's going on in your neck of the woods, meteorologically speaking?
24C is too hot. It was about 18C today and the forcast for the next few days ranges from +11C to +20C. Perfect weather
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:46 AM   #8
SVD
Captain
 
SVD's Avatar
 
Location: The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
...

I do have a hose and a sprinkler. I was on vacation for two weeks and I could not water my lawn.

This sucks, because this lawn in itself is only two years old (I had to replace it after a bad storm - trees fell down and a lot of my lawn got torn to shreds). And I'm guessing my homeowner's insurance does not cover heat.
Oh, that's the case! My impression that "all East-coasters think the rain should water their gardens & lawns and watering them themselves is a waste" is in error! My apologies.
__________________
... ...- -..
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:48 AM   #9
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

^ East coaster? I live in Nebraska.

I did think of putting in an automatic sprinkler when I replaced the lawn but I could not afford it. If I have to replace the lawn AGAIN, I might have to bite the bullet and put in that auto sprinkler though...
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 05:52 AM   #10
SVD
Captain
 
SVD's Avatar
 
Location: The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Sparky wrote: View Post
24C is too hot. It was about 18C today and the forcast for the next few days ranges from +11C to +20C. Perfect weather
You'd love wintertime in Chico, that's about our high temperatures then.

28 C minimum to be comfortable for me, with 40 C being the upper edge of comfortable.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ East coaster? I live in Nebraska.
You had me fooled, being a Yankee fan.
__________________
... ...- -..
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 06:05 AM   #11
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

^ I will take that as a compliment!

Here's another bit of proof that I'm not from NY...I'm a Yankee *and* Met fan. I bet they don't get a lot of that out there.
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 06:06 AM   #12
J. Allen
Best Pony™
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Our grass is normally lush and green, but right now it's brown and yellow. We are well under our totals for this year. Our listing in the NOAA is "Abnormally Dry". I miss the rain.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom, where all of your wildest dreams will come true.
:: :: ::
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Okay, time for a question that will no doubt make you all laugh. This may be the stupidest question you will ever hear in your life, or at least this week, so be prepared.



Here goes:

When grass turns brown (bluegrass, in my case), does that mean it's dead? Completely?

*hides*
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.

Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; August 29 2010 at 06:24 AM.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 06:19 AM   #14
gturner
Admiral
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ East coaster? I live in Nebraska.

I did think of putting in an automatic sprinkler when I replaced the lawn but I could not afford it. If I have to replace the lawn AGAIN, I might have to bite the bullet and put in that auto sprinkler though...
If money is a problem just steal sprinklers from your neighbors, or even better, area companies with huge lawn budgets.

Nebraska probably has severe laws against cattle rustling, from back in the Old West, but I doubt they have much on the books about sod rustling.
gturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 06:51 AM   #15
SVD
Captain
 
SVD's Avatar
 
Location: The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
Re: The TrekBBS weather report

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Okay, time for a question that will no doubt make you all laugh. This may be the stupidest question you will ever hear in your life, or at least this week, so be prepared.



Here goes:

When grass turns brown (bluegrass, in my case), does that mean it's dead? Completely?

*hides*
More than likely, but the seed, if any was let to form, will sprout up when the weather is right for it to.
__________________
... ...- -..
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.