Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 15 2010, 02:26 AM   #1
Kimi3013
Captain

I need some help find all of BSG - NO SPOILERS

I'm currently trying to get a list of all the content of nuBSG so I can workout which DVDs/Blurays I need to buy to have all the episodes and 'extras'. Reading about I see random scraps on info about what's in the sets, like the extended Pegasus episode being missing from some and webisodes not being in other.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers as I've not seen season 4 yet, so me searching somewhat limited as I'm being careful.

What I know to be about:
Miniseries
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Razor
Webisodes 1
Webisodes 2

Extended episodes:
S2 E10

I'm not fussed about commentaries and stuff, I just want to make sure that I can get all the show content for my collection. Any help would be great.
Old December 15 2010, 02:36 AM   #2
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

Re: I need some help find all of BSG - NO SPOILERS

Well there's The Plan but it has season 4 spoilers in it throughout.
Then there's the prequel series Caprica (1 season) which is pretty spoiler free. I'm not sure if this is what you're asking for but I hope it helps.
Old December 15 2010, 02:45 AM   #3
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I don't think you can buy the webisodes, plus the second bunch will never be sold because of legal issues so just find another way to find that.
Old December 15 2010, 03:40 AM   #4
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The Complete Series box sets released earlier this year contain all four seasons and The Plan. The only thing those sets do not contain are the Face of the Enemy webisodes from season four that bigdaddy mentioned. The Complete Series box sets from 2009 (the ones with the Cylon Centurion) do not contain The Plan.

The prequel series Caprica is, of course, separate, in a Season 1.0 box set currently available and a Season 1.5 set coming out later this month. The Season 1.0 set does contain the pilot episode, so there's no need to purchase that separately (it was originally released approximately one year prior to Caprica premiering on television). Syfy has confirmed no current plans for a Blu-ray release of the series.

If you were needing or simply wanting to purchase individual season sets, you'll be purchasing Season 1; Season 2.0 and 2.5; Season 3; Season 4.0 and 4.5; and The Plan, plus Caprica 1.0 and 1.5 if you want the prequel series as well.

That's everything.
Old December 15 2010, 03:55 AM   #5
Harvey
Admiral

Does the complete series box contain the special features from the Miniseries? I recall their being deleted scenes on the flip side of that disc that weren't brought over to the season one box set, and I'm not sure if the Blu-Ray or the complete series package rectified this.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old December 15 2010, 03:58 AM   #6
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that, but I can check my Blu-ray copy later tonight (after I finish watching The Lady from Shanghai) to see what's on there. I assumed Face of the Enemy was the only missing thing, because it's the only one I've ever seen mentioned.

Edited to add: I'm looking at the back of the Season 1 case right now from the Blu-ray Complete Series set, and it does not list any additional features on the miniseries disc. It indeed looks like those deleted scenes were not carried over. I'll still double-check the disc itself after I'm done with this movie, on the off-chance that it's simply a packaging oversight.

Edit the 2nd: The miniseries Blu-ray disc contains 21 minutes of deleted scenes; a Sketches & Art video that runs 4 minutes; 8 BTS featurettes; and commentary for both parts of the miniseries. Since the Blu-ray Complete Series set is simply all of the individual Blu-ray releases in one package, those features should also be on the individual Season 1 release.

Last edited by PsychoPere; December 15 2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old December 19 2010, 06:27 AM   #7
Nowhere Man
Commodore

You can watch the whole series on Netflix instant if you want. That's what I did. i still intend on buying the Blue Ray.
Old December 19 2010, 04:45 PM   #8
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

^ Netflix Instant is not helpful in this situation. Kimi3013 specifically mentioned an interest in the extended episode cuts. Those are not available for streaming through Instant.
Old December 19 2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Kimi3013, I see you're in the UK like me: I believe the webisodes were made available online to people in the US and maybe some other countries, but not here. I'm not sure whether there's a way for people in this country to view them.
Old December 31 2010, 09:27 PM   #10
TV-Tastic
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hilbilly Rage wrote: View Post
You can watch the whole series on Netflix instant if you want. That's what I did. i still intend on buying the Blue Ray.
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
^ Netflix Instant is not helpful in this situation. Kimi3013 specifically mentioned an interest in the extended episode cuts. Those are not available for streaming through Instant.
Neither is the mini-series. That's disc only and I think it's only on DVD.

I would highly recommend, to make your life easier, simply buy the entire set on BD. It has EVERYTHING you want (and all of the extended episodes... I believe there are 4) and according to the product description on Amazon it contains every special feature of the DVD release as well which would include the webisodes. I never looked for them to confirm on my set but I will and get back to you.

Amazon has had the set as low as $120 USD recently. Go to blu-ray.com, set up a free account and set up a price-watch for the set. They will notify you when it hits the price you want on Amazon.

You'll also need to purchase The Plan seperately as it aired well after the BD release.

-The 'Tastic

TV-Tastic:The Facebook Group Page For My Dopey Blog
Old December 31 2010, 09:32 PM   #11
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

TV-Tastic wrote: View Post
The first part about the mini-series not being available to stream via Netflix is correct. If the second part ("only on DVD") is trying to say that the miniseries isn't on Blu-ray Disc, that's wrong. It is, after all, part of the complete series set, as Harvey and I already discussed in this thread.
Old December 31 2010, 10:02 PM   #12
TV-Tastic
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The first part about the mini-series not being available to stream via Netflix is correct. If the second part ("only on DVD") is trying to say that the miniseries isn't on Blu-ray Disc, that's wrong. It is, after all, part of the complete series set, as Harvey and I already discussed in this thread.
Allow me to correct that. Seperately, it's only available on DVD. It's not available as an individual set. It didn't occur to me that the miniseries was available on the individual Blu-Ray seasons as I own the Special Edition boxed-set and when you search it on Netflix it only shows the miniseries on DVD and for Watch Instantly it only shows the S1 episodes. You have to really open up the description to find out that the mini-series is available with S1 on BD.

Regardless, though, he should just buy the boxed set and The Plan and be done with it.

-The 'Tastic

TV-Tastic:The Facebook Group Page For My Dopey Blog
Old December 31 2010, 10:16 PM   #13
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Regardless, though, he should just buy the boxed set and The Plan and be done with it.
Actually, no, one should simply buy the 2010 complete series set, because it comes with The Plan. Purchasing the set and The Plan would be superfluous.
Old December 31 2010, 11:41 PM   #14
RoJoHen
Awesome

Actually, no, one should simply buy the 2010 complete series set, because it comes with The Plan. Purchasing the set and The Plan would be superfluous.
I agree (I'm watching it right now! ).
Old January 1 2011, 12:36 AM   #15
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yeah, my complete series DVD set included The Plan in one of the S4 cases.

The extended episodes are:

Pegasus (S2)
Razor (DVD version is longer than the aired version)
A Disquiet Follows My Soul (S4)
Islanded in a Stream of Stars (S4)
Daybreak (S4)

All of them were included in the series DVD set I bought.
My blog