RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,586
Posts: 5,515,339
Members: 25,158
Currently online: 469
Newest member: Giarc1982

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old August 15 2011, 01:44 PM   #7546
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

How about asking something about women & scifi? Like . . . um . . . I dunno, just get her started somehow. I have the feeling she'd run with it.
T.D. Possum is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 01:49 PM   #7547
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

If you want to open a can of worms, you could ask her how she feels re: Admiral Janeway being eaten by an empty Borg cube in a TNG novel.

I don't think I'd bring up the concept of the refrigerator heroine, but interesting to think that soon after "finally" having an intimate encounter with Chakotay, TPTB killed her.

If not that, you might try asking if there was any scene she wished she could do over again, to change her performance.
__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 03:00 PM   #7548
HoneyBLilly
Commodore
 
HoneyBLilly's Avatar
 
Location: Tumblr Gardens
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Thanks for the story Shatnertage!

I've always wanted to ask her if she could go back in time and change one thing about Voyager what would it be.
__________________
HoneyBLilly is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 10:54 PM   #7549
teacake
Fleet Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
If you want to open a can of worms, you could ask her how she feels re: Admiral Janeway being eaten by an empty Borg cube in a TNG novel.

I don't think I'd bring up the concept of the refrigerator heroine, but interesting to think that soon after "finally" having an intimate encounter with Chakotay, TPTB killed her.

If not that, you might try asking if there was any scene she wished she could do over again, to change her performance.
I was planning to avoid the books but I like that angle because I know she thought Janeway should have ended up with someone, at least that is what I recall her saying. Getting together with Chak and immediately getting killed would, I suspect, irritate KM. That said though I think the actors aren't keen on being asked about books written long after the show that they haven't read. However that might be a good segue if someone else brings up the Chakotay relationship issue (which I'm not doing since I don't actually give a fig about it, lol).

I thought of one last night.. when can we expect your autobiography?
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:12 PM   #7550
HoneyBLilly
Commodore
 
HoneyBLilly's Avatar
 
Location: Tumblr Gardens
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

teacake wrote: View Post

I thought of one last night.. when can we expect your autobiography?
Ooh! That's a good one!

Ask it!

Sorry, I'm a bit . . . . excitable right now. LOL
__________________
HoneyBLilly is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:12 PM   #7551
AuntKate
Commodore
 
AuntKate's Avatar
 
Location: USA--smack dab in the middle
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

teacake wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
If you want to open a can of worms, you could ask her how she feels re: Admiral Janeway being eaten by an empty Borg cube in a TNG novel.

I don't think I'd bring up the concept of the refrigerator heroine, but interesting to think that soon after "finally" having an intimate encounter with Chakotay, TPTB killed her.

If not that, you might try asking if there was any scene she wished she could do over again, to change her performance.
I was planning to avoid the books but I like that angle because I know she thought Janeway should have ended up with someone, at least that is what I recall her saying. Getting together with Chak and immediately getting killed would, I suspect, irritate KM. That said though I think the actors aren't keen on being asked about books written long after the show that they haven't read. However that might be a good segue if someone else brings up the Chakotay relationship issue (which I'm not doing since I don't actually give a fig about it, lol).

I thought of one last night.. when can we expect your autobiography?
I think someone interviewing her told her that Janeway was killed in one of the books, and she was a bit shocked until they told her that the Q took her at the moment she died. She seemed to be relieved by that fact--as we all were.
__________________
"There's got to be a way to have our cake and eat it, too." CPT Janeway
AuntKate is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:14 PM   #7552
Markira
Commander
 
Markira's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever Chakotay is, I am
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

That's a great question, teacake! I read in that interview that Honey linked to a few days ago that she is working on a book - but there were no specifics. Maybe you can ask her about it.

Other than that, the others have given really good ideas. I am excited for you that you'll get the opportunity to ask KM personally! I get star-struck, myself, so I wouldn't be able to say a word.
__________________
Nothing makes us more vulnerable than when we love someone. -Chakotay, "Twisted"

[avatar courtesy of belanna]
Markira is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:16 PM   #7553
AuntKate
Commodore
 
AuntKate's Avatar
 
Location: USA--smack dab in the middle
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Shatnertage wrote: View Post
Ok, here are some details. My daughter was scrambling around so I didn't catch everything, and we walked in a few minutes late (started earlier than I thought it did).

Early on, a fan talked about how moved she was by the 1st & last episodes ending with "Set a course for home," and she asked Kate to say it. Kate had the woman--who was so nervous she just about broke down in tears asking the question--come to the foot of the stage when she said it.

Someone else asked her whether the Bellagio in Vegas or Lake Como was better. Kate prefers Lake Como, the real thing. But she was very gracious about Vegas hotels. She says she doesn't have a favorite one because she doesn't stay here that often.

The same woman says she's not a big Trek fan and is a "Trekkie by marriage." Asks her about her favorite onscreen kiss. It's the guy from "Counterpoint."

KM still thinks "Fair Haven" was wacky.

A guy asked her if what Garrett Wang said about Rick Berman telling the actors playing humans to be robotic and militaristic is true. KM said that GW has a very interesting perspective on life, said it absolutely wasn't true. Her biggest problem was them wanting to strap down her bosom. She had to deal with having 20 execs watching her film--very nerve-wracking. Asked to just be allowed to play the captain, they let her, and she did the best she could.

She talked about her stage work as well.

She promoted the new Adult Swim show she's in, NTSF:SD:SUV. We got to see some clips. It looks pretty funny.

She closed by imploring the fans to rise up and demand a Voyager movie.

Nobody asked her about the books.

Or pattern enhancers.
Did she have that "stereotypical fireplug Irishwoman build"?
__________________
"There's got to be a way to have our cake and eat it, too." CPT Janeway
AuntKate is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:38 PM   #7554
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Remember the rules, post pics from totallykate at the risk of life and limb!

So... here's a few interesting links...

Las Vegas: http://twitpic.com/668zed#.TkhkrebK8Is.facebook

Warehouse 13: http://twitpic.com/65g59h#.TkaalMnyNpA.facebook

NTSF SD: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kate-M...type=1&theater


AND another Kate interview! http://www.mania.com/mania-interview...le_130767.html Teacake, you might want to ask about what she was drawing...
__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old August 15 2011, 11:48 PM   #7555
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

I love this Geek review of NTSF SD: Obviously someone who's fallen under the spell of Kate Mulgrew! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SpQe...&feature=share







__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old August 17 2011, 02:01 AM   #7556
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Aaaahhh!! I totally missed the part with KM doing step ups in a GRAY TANK TOP!
T.D. Possum is offline  
Old August 17 2011, 09:46 AM   #7557
teacake
Fleet Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

I am getting very nervous. I will spend the entirety of tomorrow deciding what to wear. I even bought new bras. I have to dress for it being overheated which that hotel has been every time I've gone, though it is winter here. I am stressing out over jewellery. Thankfully I picked out my perfume long ago (Stella, which will go with the mixed temperatures too). I have had my hair cut. I almost bought stupidly expensive hand cream so my hands looked better but I restrained myself. I will be going in Friday night for the concert, staying at a hotel with my daughter and then going to the VIP part of the con Saturday morning.

Normally at these cons everyone is dressed like extreme slobs, I wonder if I will be the only one dressing for Kate.

I AM DRESSING FOR KATE.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old August 17 2011, 12:04 PM   #7558
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

teacake wrote: View Post
I am getting very nervous. I will spend the entirety of tomorrow deciding what to wear. I even bought new bras. I have to dress for it being overheated which that hotel has been every time I've gone, though it is winter here. I am stressing out over jewellery. Thankfully I picked out my perfume long ago (Stella, which will go with the mixed temperatures too). I have had my hair cut. I almost bought stupidly expensive hand cream so my hands looked better but I restrained myself. I will be going in Friday night for the concert, staying at a hotel with my daughter and then going to the VIP part of the con Saturday morning.

Normally at these cons everyone is dressed like extreme slobs, I wonder if I will be the only one dressing for Kate.

I AM DRESSING FOR KATE.
And she will appreciate it!

Looking at the youtube vids, Kate's own apparrel could range from a dress to a pant suit to jeans and a pullover, I guess like all of us it depends on her mood that day. I, on the other hand, always "dress" for her just as I did for Nimoy & Shatner. Its my way of honoring them... AND its my way of standing out in case everyone else is dressed in Trek tshirts and uniforms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkIu...1801930DA15E58








__________________
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old August 17 2011, 02:34 PM   #7559
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

teacake wrote: View Post
I AM DRESSING FOR KATE.
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
I, on the other hand, always "dress" for her just as I did for Nimoy & Shatner.
Y'all are classy!

That's not even sarcasm.
T.D. Possum is offline  
Old August 17 2011, 05:50 PM   #7560
Markira
Commander
 
Markira's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever Chakotay is, I am
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

I would most definitely dress for Kate, or for another artist I'm lucky enough to meet. I dressed up for meeting BSB last month! And that was super brief - there was an assembly line of people getting their pictures taken, no time for talk.

teacake, I also think it's nice you'll be sharing this experience with your daughter. I don't remember, is she a Trek/KM/Janeway fan as well?
__________________
Nothing makes us more vulnerable than when we love someone. -Chakotay, "Twisted"

[avatar courtesy of belanna]
Markira is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
janeway, kate mulgrew

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.