Shatner Starts New Website
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Rumor Mill: Star Trek III Title
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Siddig: Getting And Playing The Role Of Martell
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Mulgrew: Why Born With Teeth
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old July 22 2011, 08:51 PM   #7261
T.D. Possum
Commodore

Re: How is Janeway sexy?

^ Ha! Somebody call the Waaambulance!

(This is my New Thing.)
Old July 22 2011, 10:07 PM   #7262
Markira
Commander

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
froot wrote: View Post
^ Speaking of things below Janeway's dignity...

I doubt this will be up long, but here it is for anyone who doesn't have Cartoon Network!

Now we know why she laughed about this being the end of her career!

J'Rulz, this is why you are in charge of vids. That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! Wow. I'm off to post it on my sister's fb wall. She thinks it's hysterical how J/C-obsessed I can get, but even she can't laugh at this.
J/C-obsessed ... You say that like its a BAD thing!
Oh, if being J/C-obsessed is bad, please don't let me be good! I will happily keep clicking on the video links as long as you provide them!

[avatar courtesy of belanna]
Old July 23 2011, 12:28 AM   #7263
Lilyful
Lieutenant

Thank you for all of the welcomes.

And all of those videos are amazing. The "Friday" one reminded me of when my best friend and I were waiting in line for Harry Potter and we were singing songs slowly and Friday was one of them.
Old July 23 2011, 04:55 AM   #7264
jadziadaaaaax
Ensign

Well, I wanted to get through all 485 pages of this thread before I posted, but I only made it to 349 before I watched The Captains tonight, and I decided to go ahead and post.

So, hi. I was recently introduced to Janeway's sexiness. I've been a DS9 fan since it was originally on, but this summer I decided to watch Voyager from beginning to end thanks to Netflix, and I've developed a bit of a crush on Janeway. I never knew she was this awesome! So, thanks for this thread. I've enjoyed all the pictures.

Did anyone else watch The Captains? If you have cable, Epix is doing a free weekend, and it's on On Demand. Shatner interviews Kate for parts of it, and it's pretty entertaining. There was one segment I thought was strange, though, and I wondered if anyone else had an opinion. Shatner asks Kate about women in high-ranking positions, and I'm pretty sure he was implying that women weren't as capable as men, and then Kate agreed with him, but I'm not sure if she was agreeing with his implication or not.
Old July 23 2011, 05:02 AM   #7265
T.D. Possum
Commodore

You read through 349 pages of this thread?!?!?!? Bless your heart. Welcome, welcome. Here, put your feet up and have a gin rickey.

Have you watched all of Voyager yet, or are you still working your way through?

I haven't seen The Captains yet. That scene sounds . . . interesting. I'll remember to look out for it.

Your username, by the way, is awesome and makes me want to bellow: "DAAAAAAAX!"
Old July 23 2011, 05:27 AM   #7266
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Maybe we could start ending conversations in CAAAAAPS!
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old July 23 2011, 05:31 AM   #7267
Lilyful
Lieutenant

jadziadaaaaax wrote: View Post
Well, I wanted to get through all 485 pages of this thread before I posted, but I only made it to 349 before I watched The Captains tonight, and I decided to go ahead and post.
Impressive. I have a few pages left myself since I'm on page 452.

And argh, I forgot about The Captains. I'll have to catch it On Demand.

T.D. Possum, I love your Doctor Who avatar.
Old July 23 2011, 05:33 AM   #7268
jadziadaaaaax
Ensign

T.D. Possum wrote: View Post
You read through 349 pages of this thread?!?!?!? Bless your heart. Welcome, welcome. Here, put your feet up and have a gin rickey.
Thanks! I did skim some of the words, but I paused at each of the pictures! I'd never heard of a gin rickey before this thread, but it actually sounds pretty good. I wish I had the ingredients for one.

Have you watched all of Voyager yet, or are you still working your way through?
I'm still working my way through. I'm on the second to last episode of season 3 right now, soon to be the last in about an hour. I started about two weeks ago. It's a good thing there are no "What I did on my summer vacation" papers in college, or that might be a little embarrassing. :P

I haven't seen The Captains yet. That scene sounds . . . interesting. I'll remember to look out for it.

Your username, by the way, is awesome and makes me want to bellow: "DAAAAAAAX!"
I hope to hear your opinion of the scene! Haha, jadziadaaaaax is the name I always choose when plain jadziadax is taken. (I actually didn't even check to see if it was here, but I just assumed...)

And now I'll throw in one of my favorite pictures of Janeway:

Old July 23 2011, 05:51 AM   #7269
T.D. Possum
Commodore

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Maybe we could start ending conversations in CAAAAAPS!
OKAAAAAAY!

Lilyful wrote: View Post
Thanks! I am watching all of Doctor Who in order and I like to have a matching avatar. Are you a Classic Who fan? Do you like the stuff from the 60s? Do you want to hear me OBSESS? *takes deep breath* *stops scaring newcomers*

I'm still working my way through. I'm on the second to last episode of season 3 right now, soon to be the last in about an hour. I started about two weeks ago. It's a good thing there are no "What I did on my summer vacation" papers in college, or that might be a little embarrassing. :P
NEVER be embarrassed about your love of Janeway! Do we need to be careful about spoilers, or are you pretty familiar with the basic events of the series?

Aaaaannnd goodnight, one and all, from the Land of the Possums!
Old July 23 2011, 06:04 AM   #7270
Lilyful
Lieutenant

T.D. Possum wrote:
Thanks! I am watching all of Doctor Who in order and I like to have a matching avatar. Are you a Classic Who fan? Do you like the stuff from the 60s? Do you want to hear me OBSESS? *takes deep breath* *stops scaring newcomers*
I have never seen Dr. Who, any of it, but I am interested in it. Sadly we don't have Netflix, no matter how much I beg my mother, and we don't have BBC so I have no access to it.

But I would love to hear your thoughts on it, so I can have some inkling of which is the best

And no worries about scaring me with obsession. I scare people with how much I know, and love, Harry Potter.

You're just slightly behind me. I'm on the tenth episode of season four.

And I know that feeling, except in high school, to my English teacher this coming year, we do. So I'm going to have to calmly explain that I spent my summer crushing on Kate Mulgrew/Captain Janeway and watching Star Trek: Voyager. It might be interesting.

Last edited by Lilyful; July 23 2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old July 23 2011, 09:58 AM   #7271
jadziadaaaaax
Ensign

NEVER be embarrassed about your love of Janeway! Do we need to be careful about spoilers, or are you pretty familiar with the basic events of the series?
Nope, no need to worry about spoilers. I pretty much know the general plot of the series, and spoilers don't bother me, anyway.

And I know that feeling, except in high school, to my English teacher this coming year, we do. So I'm going to have to calmly explain that I spent my summer crushing on Kate Mulgrew/Captain Janeway and watching Star Trek: Voyager. It might interesting.
Maybe your English teacher is a Voyager fan!
Old July 23 2011, 10:02 AM   #7272
Jetfire

You should all visit my Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread There is a nice J/7 vid worth checking out.

I still think Kate has a classic movie actress look...from 30's/40's.

Old July 23 2011, 10:06 AM   #7273
Lilyful
Lieutenant

And I know that feeling, except in high school, to my English teacher this coming year, we do. So I'm going to have to calmly explain that I spent my summer crushing on Kate Mulgrew/Captain Janeway and watching Star Trek: Voyager. It might interesting.
Maybe your English teacher is a Voyager fan!
Hopefully.

I know her husband is a Trek fan. He was my English teacher in sophomore year.
Old July 23 2011, 03:20 PM   #7274
T.D. Possum
Commodore

It's neat to have to first time watchers in the thread now. Y'all are in for so many treats in the days ahead.

For Lily, or anyone else who wants to jump on the Doctor Who bandwagon, never fear. Practically every episode of Classic Who is available either on YouTube or on Dailymotion. Even the lost episodes have been reconstructed and posted. So that you know what to search for, here's a complete list of all the episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_who_serials

As for which era/Doctor is best, that's rather like comparing one Trek series to another. They are all good, but in different ways.
Old July 23 2011, 11:14 PM   #7275
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

When you're so sexy even the holograms are pining for you... THAT'S something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBAU...eature=related

I'd pity the poor EMH, except he's in good company!

"If I can't have you." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0atx...eature=related