Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old July 3 2011, 06:36 AM   #6766
froot
Fleet Captain

Re: How is Janeway sexy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yphnYFUaK2M

Yeah, yeah... you all have seen it already. But, really, I think it can be shared again and again. Forever.

EDIT: BOFF.

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, that link's sorta NSFW.

AGAIN: Dude looks like Gath from "Prime Factors."

Last edited by froot; July 3 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old July 3 2011, 08:19 AM   #6767
Spalko
Commander

Ugh, again a double post.
Old July 3 2011, 08:20 AM   #6768
Spalko
Commander

delenn13 wrote: View Post
PS. Found this. Made by Sazzy back in 2007. Sazzy's stuff is usually classy even if it's J/7 stuff....
Oh, I didn't know that J/7 stuff was by definition not classy and it was difficult to find anything elegant in this fandom...

froot wrote: View Post

Yeah, yeah... you all have seen it already. But, really, I think it can be shared again and again. Forever.
Yes, I do not think I will ever complain about watching it again... and again... Unf!
Old July 3 2011, 09:24 AM   #6769
HoneyBLilly
Commodore

froot wrote: View Post

EDIT: BOFF.

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, that link's sorta NSFW.

AGAIN: Dude looks like Gath from "Prime Factors."

Oh.

*dies*
Old July 3 2011, 09:46 AM   #6770
lurok
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
delenn13 wrote: View Post
Boff...Susan Ivanova on Babylon 5 used it when referring to Marcus when he used the Medical chair to save her life in Season 4 and he ended up in a coma. She said to Doc Franklin..."Maybe I should have boffed him." or something to that effect. I don't have time to check it.
I remember that!! I remember laughing at it
Hmmm...another reason for me to perhaps give B5 another shot (only made it past pilot and first ep).
Old July 3 2011, 09:58 AM   #6771
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

1. J/7 is gorgeous and delicious, don't be hatin' on J/7 people. It's got J in it! It has to be good!

2. Babylon 5 is a fantastic series. The writing is quite theatrical, many characters are great tragedy figures cut from a classical cloth. I highly recommend it to everyone. Doesn't have enough women (despite JMS seemingly revered for his writing for women) but then that's usually the case with sci fi. The story line is very interwoven, it's all story arcs. Humor too.

And finally..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 3 2011, 10:35 AM   #6772
HoneyBLilly
Commodore

All right, I'm going to be stuck in Harry Potter world for the next two weeks, willingly of course, so if I pop up at all it's because I'll be crying and need to get some KM/Janeway to make me happier.

I'll probably post a huge string of pictures after I see the movie, which I am still hoping will be at the midnight showing since there are tickets for sale in a town about 10 minutes from here.

Or I'll pop in time from time to just catch up and post a random picture from my collection. And for froot's Friday video of course

That being said

This is the look I can feel her giving me
Old July 3 2011, 11:06 AM   #6773
HoneyBLilly
Commodore

Spalko wrote: View Post
Just had to bring this picture back
Old July 3 2011, 12:36 PM   #6774
Spalko
Commander

1. J/7 is gorgeous and delicious, don't be hatin' on J/7 people. It's got J in it! It has to be good!
Thanks! and it has 7, too, and Seven is a gorgeous, sexy, awesome and deep character.

HoneyBLilly wrote: View Post
All right, I'm going to be stuck in Harry Potter world for the next two weeks, willingly of course, so if I pop up at all it's because I'll be crying and need to get some KM/Janeway to make me happier.
Oh, does it mean that I'll be able to know all about the movie through your tumblr? I do not think I'll go to the cinema to watch it but, as a former HP fan, I would like to know if the movie is good and it won't hurt to see pics from it.

Last edited by Spalko; July 3 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old July 3 2011, 01:29 PM   #6775
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Thanks! and it has 7, too, and Seven is a gorgeous, sexy, awesome and deep character.

HoneyBLilly wrote: View Post
Oh, does it mean that I'll be able to know all about the movie through your tumblr? I do not think I'll go to the cinema to watch it but, as a former HP fan, I would like to know if the movie is good and it won't hurt to see pics from it.
Indeed Seven is a wonderful character and my main reason to watch Voyager. These two ladies together are a world of awesome.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old July 3 2011, 01:47 PM   #6776
Spalko
Commander

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Indeed Seven is a wonderful character and my main reason to watch Voyager. These two ladies together are a world of awesome.
They look so good, Gov Kodos and same for me. I started watching Voyager thanks to Seven.
Old July 3 2011, 01:55 PM   #6777
Gov Kodos
Admiral

They look so good, Gov Kodos and same for me. I started watching Voyager thanks to Seven.
One personal favorite episode for Seven is 'Omega Directive' one of the few to highlight her Borg abilities without them being either shown a detriment or a one off thing that was quickly forgotten like her personal shield abilities as in 'Hope and Fear' Also, there was a glimpse of the Borg as something other than 'assimilate' in how she viewed Omega. Her drive in seeking out how to see the omega molecule was so very well contrasted with Janeway's and her drive to destroy it.

Heck even Chakotay came off reasonably well in this one. The J/7 fan in me loves the ending we had, but it would have worked as well with Chakotay and he finding Seven exploring some Native American spiritual piece as a final framing of their conversation about religious experience earlier in the episode.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old July 3 2011, 01:57 PM   #6778
HoneyBLilly
Commodore

Probably.

Most likely.

I probably won't shut up about it, every Facebook status and Tumblr post will probably be Harry Potter related.

My little sister will be worse, that much I know.
Old July 3 2011, 02:09 PM   #6779
Spalko
Commander

One personal favorite episode for Seven is 'Omega Directive' one of the few to highlight her Borg abilities without them being either shown a detriment or a one off thing that was quickly forgotten like her personal shield abilities as in 'Hope and Fear' Also, there was a glimpse of the Borg as something other than 'assimilate' in how she viewed Omega. Her drive in seeking out how to see the omega molecule was so very well contrasted with Janeway's and her drive to destroy it.
"Omega directive" was a very good episode. I always enjoy it and, it's true. Being a borg, or still having a part Borg on her persona, it's quite curious how those abilities are not always used or just showing us a negative part of it. I really liked the "Hope and Fear" shield moment.

Heck even Chakotay came off reasonably well in this one. The J/7 fan in me loves the ending we had, but it would have worked as well with Chakotay and he finding Seven exploring some Native American spiritual piece as a final framing of their conversation about religious experience earlier in the episode.
As a J/7 I like the end they gave us but yeah, I admit that I do not mind Seven and Chakotay talking about religious experiences, but just keeping the conversation at that level.

Btw, I do not hate Chakotay (like a lot of J/7 fans do), I simply do not like him with Seven. I do not mind him with Janeway, btw (it's impossible to deny that the dynamic J/C was there are the very beginning) but, with Seven, no, thanks. That's the part I disliked more about Voyager end. It made no sense. I would have prefered none involved in a relationship and, if forced to choose a relationship and leaving all open to any shipper create the end they would have liked.
Old July 3 2011, 02:26 PM   #6780
Gov Kodos
Admiral

"Omega directive" was a very good episode. I always enjoy it and, it's true. Being a borg, or still having a part Borg on her persona, it's quite curious how those abilities are not always used or just showing us a negative part of it. I really liked the "Hope and Fear" shield moment.

As a J/7 I like the end they gave us but yeah, I admit that I do not mind Seven and Chakotay talking about religious experiences, but just keeping the conversation at that level.

Btw, I do not hate Chakotay (like a lot of J/7 fans do), I simply do not like him with Seven. I do not mind him with Janeway, btw (it's impossible to deny that the dynamic J/C was there are the very beginning) but, with Seven, no, thanks. That's the part I disliked more about Voyager end. It made no sense. I would have prefered none involved in a relationship and, if forced to choose a relationship and leaving all open to any shipper create the end they would have liked.
I liked Chakotay a lot in the first year, but the character suffered from the writers not knowing what to do with a first officer on a ship. I sort of blame TOS for that. Spock had dual roles, so when Kirk was on the bridge he had a function as science officer. Riker and Chakotay had no other function when the captain is on the bridge. More over, I think the writers were too hesitant to put Chakotay into scenes, say landing parties or something, for fear of making Janeway look weak- I don't think it necessarily would have as the show had established in TNG that the XO went ahead of the CO on away missions but there we are.

In Omega Directive it made sense to me for Chakotay as he was always portrayed as the far more spiritually inclined character between he and Janeway. I can see Janeway's spiritual side if that had been built up more in the wake of the episode where she had to save Kes after her getting hurt in that alien temple in Sacred Ground, however Janeway was rarely shown to be terribly spiritual compared to Chakotay.

I completely agree about Endgame. I think even Neelix/Janeway would have been more believable. At least he had enough scenes to credibly say he had something of a crush on the captain in a hero-worship way. C/7 is just totally
Closed Thread