How is Janeway sexy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    JR, you're about a decade younger than my parents, at least. :) And thanks for the story!

VAMB is J/C first, but I've seen just about every 'ship known to man sail through there. The only one they don't really like is C/7. ;) It's pretty much a forum for VOY fanfic and art. J/7 isn't a big thing there, either, but there's lots and LOTS of other sites for that. ;)

2. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

What deck are Janeway's quarters on?

:rofl:

I honestly have no clue.

3. froot

...3? I think

4. froot

gg double post :(

5. HoneyBLilly

3 sounds right; not too close to the Bridge but not too far.

Thank you froot

And speaking of your username, I was flipping through my old high school yearbook and there was a girl in my grade(she was a cheerleader who ignored my existence) who's last name was Froot, it made me laugh because I had just logged on and you were on when I saw that. :lol:

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    re: crew quarters, that's why I thought you guys might appreciate the ship map

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay I am FINALLY going to read the whole fanfic as long as I don't get kicked out of this room by mr. teacake lifting weights. Finally.

8. teacake

Firstly THANK YOU for a fantastic story so far. You are quite a writer. And this was certainly more riveting than 95% of all Trek books I have read (I'm a fanfic newbie). I am very very impressed.

NOW to your questions.
    He wants her to be a cougar. He wants her to be HIS cougar. He wants to be her romantic and sexual prey. He looks at this beautiful, powerful, very very self assured woman who is older than him and that is what he sees--a cougar he never knew was his greatest desire until he laid eyes on her. You know sometimes you don't know what you want until it appears before you.. the cougar word is just convenient because it conveys power and the age difference. It's not like this is a word Janeway herself would ever use.

I don't want her flirting with anyone, she has a job to do here, many many lives depend on her. She is quite used to compartmentalizing the woman who has desires and needs from the woman who has great responsibilities. But you know, despite NuKirk's tongue hanging out all over the place and his open interest in her which she fobs off over the course of this mission they (presumably) engage in together she comes to deeply admire him. Admire as a real person, not just as the great Captain Kirk who is a piece of history.

And then, with a shock, she realizes there is more there than just admiration.

On the one hand she sees that element of Marla McGivers at play, because many of us DO admire the great ones of history, idolize them and feel the attraction. But being Janeway she is able to turn that over in her mind, name it for what it is and put it away as a curiosity. What surprises her is when she realizes her attraction to NuKirk is far more personal than hero worship and a hot young man, she finds him deeply personally attractive. And that's a very sad thing as she realizes that in another life, another time, this would have have been her greatest love, the man she has always wanted. And she can't have him because she is separated by far more than a couple decades.. and before she returns home she passionately kisses that man, that should have been true love, goodbye.

(OMG this is so sad)

9. HoneyBLilly

Well I think Teacake has it, that just brought a tear to me eye.

It could be the hormones, or the fact that it's taken my hubby twenty minutes at 3 am to go get me a few lousy Snicker/Butterfinger bars, but I seriously teared up.

Or it could be(most likely) that it's a beautiful idea, ahh, thank God for fanfic.

Teacake should try to write it too . . . I'm just sayin. :D

10. teacake

It's real star crossed lovers stuff (I teared up too).

And I've always had a thing for Janeway and Kirk, they are so similar. Also another point, NuKirk has yet to decide that the only woman for him is the Enterprise. OH.. maybe it is this loss that pushes him into that decision.

On the ST:XI forum I posted once in response to a discussion about NuKirk having a romance in the next film that it would end tragically, and that would cement his "Enterprise is the only woman for me" ideal which you see in TOS.

edit: Oh here it is, I saved my prediction so I could flaunt it in 2012 when I am correct, LOLOL

"I predict his love interest will die tragically at the end of the film because of a choice that Kirk makes, a choice in which he puts the Enterprise first. I would bet money on this. "

But in THIS fanfic she doesn't die.. but she does leave and the door is closed forever from the moment he lays eyes on her.

11. HoneyBLilly

I suspect that would happen within the next two movies, perhaps.

It's really hard to read what Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof(who is actually second-in-command) plan to do. I did not expect Spock to be the reason for the new timeline, mostly because until December '09 I wanted nothing to do with the new movie and then I for some strange reason saw it. Don't regret that at all.

They are tricky, mysterious, brilliant guys.

And Abrams better direct. Just sayin.

12. teacake

That fanfic was very fattening. I ate two chocolate hot cross buns while reading it.

I've never written fanfic (except for that Mary Sue I wrote when I was 14 in the blank pages in the back of the Star Trek Technical Manuel, as I recall Kirk's love interest had translucent teeth.) I'm hoping to make some vids soon, if I can knuckle down and get all the elements together and figure it out.

13. teacake

14. HoneyBLilly

I've written fanfic, and then thrown it away(or deleted it) because I felt it wasn't good enough.

Like that one that I'm supposed to be writing. Re-started at least 8 times, finally get to the end of chapter one and realize I have somehow set it in three different times: at the beginning it's in the last season after Unimatrix Zero, a little later it's in season four before The Killing Game, towards the end it's after Night. So I'm re-evaluating it currently, trying to make sure I have everything down before I start(hence question as to where Janeway's quarters are.)

An hubby finally came home so I am currently eating a Butterfingers. :)

15. HoneyBLilly

Oh, and videos are very easy. I was actually surprised by how easy they are. I though it would be harder than making a stick figure look good, which I have got to be the only person in the world who can make them look bad.

And that's a really good picture. :D

16. teacake

Is it my imagination or have Butterfingers changed? The last few times I've bought them (at import stores) they have been completely different. Softer, less orange. Not as good.

Anyway I must now give up this room to mr. teacake so he can improve himself. I'm off to watch Babylon 5.

:: waves ::

17. HoneyBLilly

They taste the same to me.

I'll examine more later when I'm actually 100% awake. This is just so I can stop dreaming about dancing candy bars. :guffaw:

Now that I think about it, *Chews* it is a little softer. *Shrugs* I'll check in the morning when I have coffee in my system, until then I leave you all with this(I know I posted it like 8 pages back but all I have are repeats now, plus this has got to be my favorite pic of young Kate):
    [​IMG]

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

If you like that, you should try my post Endgame fanfic novel. But be forewarned... it "is" long. But it ALSO has pictures! ;) (Oh, and from my posting proclivities, you should be able to guess who I'm going to focus on during the story!)

http://coffeenebula.com/cgi-bin/board.cgi?read=152021

Now THIS I can do! I was a little concerned that she was going to be a aging Queen trying to usurp the young hottie alpha male from the young hottie alpha female.

But we have to remember one thing about ALL great Star Trek Captains. Their one true love always has AND always will be their ship. Perhaps THAT is what Janeway will teach that young upstart?

I am NOT killing Kathryn Janeway! I don't want to be a pariah like Peter David, nor do I want to be a heroine to people who hate Janeway!!!! :klingon:

19. HoneyBLilly

THAT WAS YOU!!!!!!!

I bow down to your writing abilities.

That was one of the first ff's I read when I got back into this back in June and I LOVED it.

I never knew you wrote it J'Rulz.

20. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I had written an EXCELLENT chapter in my "novel", only to realize I had screwed up the order of "Barge of the Dead" and "Unimatrix Zero", so the great case I was making for certain people's actions was completely FALSE! :wtf:

Crimeny.

I went back to the drawing board, placed things in proper order, and discovered I could not only recycle my theme but actually made it stronger. :)

In other words, just keep plugging away, it will come to you.

Oh, and if anyone likes the distaff triumverate on Voyager, check out the above fanfic link.

You'll need a gross of chocolate hot cross buns and more than a few liters of diet coke to get through it, but "I" think its worth it. :rommie:

ETA: Yes, THAT was me. :alienblush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.