Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Closed Thread

Old December 17 2011, 06:50 PM   #796
Robert Simmons
Commander

View Robert Simmons's Twitter Profile
Re: Starship Ajax

Thanks Alec. I was not happy how this was all playing out and one of the major reasons I quit. This whole process has been backwards from what I had well in place before the Exeter bridge and the other group came into the picture. I had to shelve the entire development process to give attention to the sets which I wanted to deal with later. But that was John's call since Jimm and Josh said come get them or forget them. Little choice on the matter. Act or loose. John chose to act which I knew would introduce a host of problems I was not prepared at that time to deal with. I knew John was in the process of being hurt and I refused to be part of it since I was powerless to stop it after I came back. I warned him to not let the others pay for the materials going into the second hangar or they would walk off with them. Despite all the overtures of mutual benefit and co-operation, All I saw was everything was set up for them to own the sets and to be in a position to walk away with them outright. For me real intent is not voiced, but what position you put people in and that is what i was militantly waving the warning flag to John over begging him to not let them pay for the sets. I found out they did pay for them virtually the same time I quit for a host of other reasons I mention later in this post. And when I pointed out to John the time table for their November planned shoot and how when they were done they were going to walk off with the sets, John went into panic and began to press Vic in phone calls to let us to be able to at least be able to film on them before walking off with them. This was a huge eye opener for John in that they were not wanting to hang around after they finished their shoot to let us use them which would have required them to pay more rent on the second hangar long after they were done with them. ( that is why we upon realizing this all of us suspended work on the second hangar since it became painfully clear to all we were working on sets we would never be allowed to use despite no matter how many hoops we jumped through to meet the voiced desires of the other party...) My hands were tied form day one on all of this and I wanted no part of it, but John insisted to do this and I was overridden on this despite my vehemiant objections blowing my stack over this. I also knew to not trust this venture form the beginning since i had it communicated to me via the grape vine that a particular individual was outright griping about us securing the Exeter bridge and badmouthing us. So I was outright against even doing business with this venture form the outset knowing what had been said about us behind our backs. ( Those are our sets, we're professionals and at least we know what to do with them, yadda, yadda, yadda...which I found arrogant and beyond insulting....) As well in time I found out from one on one contact in the process of the build that Vic didn't know anything about what he was talking about. All B.S. and bluster... which for me was VERY TELLING about the caibre of individual I was dealing with and having told me second hand by those he was in communication with during the 2nd hangar build.

John Hughes and I discussed at length as to what to do when this finally blew up and John had made the decision to not say anything and just let people peaceably go their separate ways to prevent conflict. but since this has come out and you and Jim Bray have brought this public, this makes this whole post event process easier for the Ajax crew, John and I. I was not happy about how things seemed to be playing out as things were going down, and although I have been one of New Voyages / Phase II's harshest critics I had to take James Cawley and Patti Wright's side in this conflict ( I never thought I would ever hear myself say that..)....since at least they asked the original authors to do "Mindsifter" which more than legitimizes the production in my eyes. Vic's voiced desires to do with him as Kirk I felt was outright backstabbing and I HEAVILY pretty much wanted to avoid that whole mess altogether.

Alec you did me and John as favor my mentioning all this here. I was frustrated from day one when we entered into the partnership cause I wanted to as much photo and video documentation and updates to post for those wanting to follow the progress of the production. I was miffed when we had to avoid posting stuff so to keep Vic's project out of the public eye. ( We were beginning to feel like the fat ugly girlfriend not wanting to be seen with publically in the relationship which for me was an instant sign things were not exactly being above board.... ) From the descriptions form richard and Scott who were present at the first hangar when the second hangar was cleared it was the core Farrugut team who broke down and removed the sets form the second hangar. I'm now pressing those present to see if any pictures were taken as requested by me so they can be posted as proof here. I've been pretty hacked and feeling stabbed in the back by the Farragut group over this in the wake of our mutual voices desires to work together ( like my telling Bednar on the phone how to do the viewscreen in response to his query on the matter...), and I now consider myself in a state of war with them as a result. Broughton and Bednar and crew are royally at the top of my major shit list now, and they are offically DOGMEAT in my eyes as far as integrity and honesty goes in how they deal with others. The final straw for me is discovering that I was blocked by John Broughton when I got an update on our Facebook page that said he comment on one of the 2nd hangar photos I posted but I could not see his comments. That for me was a royal major SLAP IN THE FACE that was the injurious last straw that made me decide to quit the second time, cause that for me was proof that Vic was talking crap about me behind my back to the Farragut group. That majorly did not sit well with me since I was in essence in the process of building what was evidently HIS SETS which I had just found out he had paid for. ( So I was told at the time by John hughes...) MY attitude on that was "OH HELL No! ...and I walked off the production the second time. ) Otherwise why would a guy I hardly know and had never fought with just outright block me? I found that in if it self VERY TELLING in light of everything going down simultaniously.

EDIT: Oh by the way....even though Vic paid John $1000 in cash for the wood he borrowed from the first hangar out of Johns' personal paid materials, The total hit to John in delays come to to nearly 10 months. ( Some have been saying 6 months behind the scenes. Since March when the plans veered to a 2 hangar plans to meet their demands. We can quibble over one month rent if any wish to take issue with it...) For those of you in Rio Lynda that $5500 in rent alone John has lost due to the delays on this when they insisted on having a second hangar and that what we were doing in the first hangar was not good enough for them. So in addition to the $5500 in lost rent John is owed he also has the cost of time, travel expenses devoted almost exclusively to the 2nd hangar at the expense of work in the first hangar.John has been feeling burned and I have been royally pissed over this in light of being told repeatedly "We are eagerly looking forward to working together with you." So depsite the $1000 Vic paid John for the wood so he couldn't be accused of stealing, the total bill John is owed is around the $7000 mark after all is said and done. All talk. Sorry I expect people to pony up the cash first or no game. Sorry folks....I'm cocked and loaded eager for a fight on all of this. And Vic calling to both John Hughes out over little things is BEYOND APPALLING! I am more than eager to have this conversation with him since the last time I blew up at him over the phone to mind his own business.

Robert Simmons

Last edited by Robert Simmons; December 17 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old December 17 2011, 07:24 PM   #797
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Understand, my intent was ALWAYS to stay at the OKC facility through 2012. "Axanar" is planned for a Fall 2012 shoot. I even was planning on absorbing the entire cost of the hanger and sets myself when Vic screwed us.

But when he didn't pay the rent I was screwed. We all were. We didn't have the option to stay.

Also, everyone on my team was SHOCKED by the total mis-management of the set build Vic was in charge of. He got an estimate 6 months ago and never shared it with us. We finally took that responsibility away from him, but too late.

Alec

PS, John Broughton is a good guy. Never had a problem with him. I think Mike Bednar is the one allied with Vic.
Old December 17 2011, 08:43 PM   #798
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

WOW!

I can't believe how much all of you who seem to have a handle in this have managed to rewrite history to justify yourselves.

Alec, you failed miserably as a friend and colleague. Thankfully John and I have had the vision to remove ourselves from your back-stabbing personality.

For the record. Yes, Farragut Films has partnered with Vic. Vic paid for people to come from Texas to work on the sets in OKC. Vic bought out the other two partners and had the sets dismantled and moved to Farragut's Studios. All the set pieces have been dismantled as they were not constructed in a fashion that would have enabled longevity. Farragut volunteers are in the process of rebuilding every single piece brought from OKC.

Alec, whatever axe you have to grind with Vic should be directed at Vic. Not aired in a public forum. As for why we decided not to work with you. Plain and simple, you went behind our backs and made statements that were not true. WE have a drama free environment and wish to keep it that way.

As for Vic, he has brought more to the table with his energy, expertise and friendship then you ever could.

John, I realize the time spent on building those sets with Vic, John and Alec would have gone a long way to helping you out with your production, but again, Do you even have a script outlining what sets you need? Also, I was informed that you were paid a large sum of money to ease the pain of the sets being removed. Is this not the case?

In any event, I'm sure I can talk with the other producers to let you use those portions of the sets you would need to finish your film. We just won't have anything to do with Alec. Too toxic an individual and never produces what he has promised and definitely exaggerates to prove a point or better himself.

I'm sorry this thread has taken a turn like this and believe me, I do wish Ajax well. The bickering, finger pointing needs to end.

Michael Bednar
Executive Producer
Starship Farragut
Old December 17 2011, 08:47 PM   #799
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

So... to wrap things up:

Definitely, most certainly signed contract agreements are in order for the next go around.

Also:

Loken wrote: View Post

PS, John Broughton is a good guy. Never had a problem with him. I think Mike Bednar is the one allied with Vic.

Being that you've only been registered here a year and being that you have a grand total of 7 whopping posts on this board, you're most likely unaware that badmouthing fellow members is strictly against the rules. James Cawley, Mike Bednar, John Broughton (I think) and several others from the fan film community are indeed members here (as has been ably demonstrated by Mike's post above) so it would probably behoove all of us to dial back the mudslinging --whether its truth or fiction.
Old December 17 2011, 08:56 PM   #800
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Robert:

Yes, I did ask if you had any measurements for the view-screen and unfortunately you didn't. Not sure what your problems is about my asking.

As for why John blocked you was based on a comment you made to me about your production. In that comment you pretty much slammed us, which is why I've never answered the phone after that nor have I ever been compelled to contact you further.

Also, Farragut did not remove the sets from the second hangar. I don't know how you can jump to that assumption.

Michael
Old December 17 2011, 09:01 PM   #801
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
So... to wrap things up:

Definitely, most certainly signed contract agreements are in order for the next go around.

Also:

Being that you've only been registered here a year and being that you have a grand total of 7 whopping posts on this board, you're most likely unaware that badmouthing fellow members is strictly against the rules. James Cawley, Mike Bednar, John Broughton (I think) and several others from the fan film community are indeed members here (as has been ably demonstrated by Mike's post above) so it would probably behoove all of us to dial back the mudslinging --whether its truth or fiction.
You don't know me. Nor do you have any inclination on who I ally with. Your post merely perpetuates an already exaggerated view of distorted facts which you don't have all of.

I'm sorry if I have only 7 posts. I only respond when I have something to say or when someone informs me of some trash talk going on.

Perception is a funny thing when you have a dog in the race. I'm sorry some of you seem to think your dog doesn't have flees.

Michael
Old December 17 2011, 09:03 PM   #802
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

^I was referring to Loken, not you Mike.

To be clear, I've met and had dealings with the Farragut crew and quite like all of you; its rather difficult for me to believe any of the claims being made that are casting you and John Broughton in a bad light. You have my sincere apologies if the intention of my previous post was not immediately clear.
Old December 17 2011, 09:07 PM   #803
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

OMG. I'm so sorry you all have had this terrible fight. I'm so sorry you have suffered this explosion and all of these losses.

I will remind everyone that fan films are money pits. There was never any hope of making a dime on this, no matter what you might have thought. I realize this is a major emotional loss. I'm so sorry.

And by the way, Robert Simmons, there is a lot more to being a fat hidden girlfriend than than you seem to think. I have a lot of experience in that area. I stopped dating about seven years ago, (celibacy is great! I love it!) and you'd be surprised how many calls I get from ex-boyfriends who dumped me but have such fond memories... Tables do turn... so nice to tell them where they can go...
Old December 17 2011, 09:12 PM   #804
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
^I was referring to Loken, not you Mike.

To be clear, I've met and had dealings with the Farragut crew and quite like all of you; its rather difficult for me to believe any of the claims being made that are casting you and John Broughton in a bad light. You have my sincere apologies if the intention of my previous post was not immediately clear.

I did misread that, I'm sorry I took that out of context.

My apologies.

Thanks,

Michael
Old December 17 2011, 09:16 PM   #805
Captain Atkin
Commander

I really don't think public forums are the place to vent out frustrations like this. Loose lips sink ships, as it were. I do hope that all the parties who were working together on these exciting projects can find a way to bury the hatchet and start over again. I say this to everyone: don't let egos get in the way of good story telling and friendships!

If any promises were made to share set pieces for filming purposes, I think those promises should be kept, regardless of who owns them. A lot of hard work obviously went into making those sets, and I think it is only fair that people who helped build those sets are allowed to use them when they need to film. Is it really that big an issue to let someone film on a set for a day or two that they helped construct? I should certainly hope not.

All of you guys are fans of Star Trek. I like to think that Star Trek brings out the best in people. If the people of the 23rd century can put their differences aside and learn to work together, surely fan filmmakers trying to emulate that universe can do the same too
Old December 17 2011, 09:21 PM   #806
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
I really don't think public forums are the place to vent out frustrations like this. Loose lips sink ships, as it were. I do hope that all the parties who were working together on these exciting projects can find a way to bury the hatchet and start over again. I say this to everyone: don't let egos get in the way of good story telling and friendships!

If any promises were made to share set pieces for filming purposes, I think those promises should be kept, regardless of who owns them. A lot of hard work obviously went into making those sets, and I think it is only fair that people who helped build those sets are allowed to use them when they need to film. Is it really that big an issue to let someone film on a set for a day or two that they helped construct? I should certainly hope not.

All of you guys are fans of Star Trek. I like to think that Star Trek brings out the best in people. If the people of the 23rd century can put their differences aside and learn to work together, surely fan filmmakers trying to emulate that universe can do the same too
Agreed! Always willing to reconcile and permit friendships to move forward.
Old December 17 2011, 09:41 PM   #807
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

First of all Mike, I was never your friend or colleague and so you have no right to comment on ether of those. I met you once and had two phone calls with you. Second, I NEVER had any dealings with you that you could even hope to claim were "back-stabbing". And I NEVER made statements that were not true.

I happen to value the truth, and I have a witness to all of this in Doc John, who will back me up. If you are taking Vic's word that I said ill things of you, than you are have been sadly LIED to. NO ONE can say I spoke ill of you. One only need ask anyone at New Voyages how Vic misbehaved there, or Doc John, who feels EXACTLY the same way as I do.

We had an agreement, which you and John then backed out of. So who screwed who? And let's face it, Doc John and I know it is because Vic wanted to screw us, me especially, because he doesn't like the fact that I won't take his narcissistic bullshit. He has no clue how to treat people.

And I had a discussion with John Broughton about the VERY same issues. Do you already forget John's Facebook post about how to deal with manipulative people? He posted that about Vic.

Vic supposedly gave John Hughes $ 1,000, so I think saying he gave him "a large sum of money" is stretching it. Small consulation for screwing Ajax. Vic also tried to stop payment on the $ 1,000 in rent he paid to the Airport. Buddy at the airport will testify to that. No ethics at all.

Mike, you agreed to a deal on a Sunday and then claimed the deal was with Vic and because of you bowing down to Vic's "Alec is evil" rants you backed out of that deal Friday. Who is back stabbing who?

AND you passed on my reference letter email to Vic. Vic then went and bitched at Todd Haberkorn and Kat, his FORMER assistant for being my friend. Thanks for subjecting them to Vic's rants. Is that how you do business?

Just be careful Mike. I am a lawyer. EVERYTHING I have said is the truth and I can back it up with facts and testimony from everyone who has ever worked in Star Trek with Vic (few of whom will work with him anymore). NO ONE will come to Vic's defense except you. You want to lie and slander me, I am happy to see you in court. Don't test me. Vic screwed Doc and I, and that won't go one inch further.

Alec Peters

P.S. If you really want to "reconcile" then I suggest you call me.

Last edited by Loken; December 17 2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old December 17 2011, 10:00 PM   #808
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

First of all Mike, I was never your friend or colleague and so you have no right to comment on ether of those. I met you once and had two phone calls with you. Second, I NEVER had any dealings with you that you could even hope to claim were "back-stabbing". And I NEVER made statements that were not true.

I happen to value the truth, and I have a witness to all of this in Doc John, who will back me up. If you are taking Vic's word that I said ill things of you, than you are have been sadly LIED to. NO ONE can say I spoke ill of you, expect Vic. One only need ask anyone at New Voyages how Vic misbehaved there, or Doc John, who feels EXACTLY the same way as I do.

We had an agreement, which you and John then backed out of. So who screwed who? And let's face it, Doc John and I know it is because Vic wanted to screw us, me especially, because he doesn't like the fact that I won't take his narcissistic bullshit. He has no clue how to treat people.

And I had a discussion with John Broughton about the VERY same issues. Do you already forget John's Facebook post about how to deal with manipulative people? He posted that about Vic.

Vic supposedly gave John Hughes $ 1,000, so I think saying he gave him "a large sum of money" is stretching it. Small consulation for screwing Ajax. Vic also tried to stop payment on the $ 1,000 in rent he paid to the Airport. Buddy at the airport will testify to that. No ethics at all.

Mike, you agreed to a deal on a Sunday and then claimed the deal was with Vic and because of you bowing down to Vic's "Alec is evil" rants you backed out of that deal Friday. Who is back stabbing who?

AND you passed on my reference letter email to Vic. Vic then went and bitched at Todd Haberkorn and Kat, his FORMER assistant for being my friend. Thanks for subjecting them to Vic's rants. Is that how you do business?

Just be careful Mike. I am a lawyer. EVERYTHING I have said is the truth and I can back it up with facts and testimony from everyone who has ever worked in Star Trek with Vic (none of whom will work with him anymore). NO ONE will come to Vic's defense except you. You want to lie and slander me, I am happy to see you in court. Don't test me. Vic screwed Doc and I, and that won't go one inch further.

Alec Peters
Really Alec,

We had a conference call and the the very next day, you called Vic and said things that John and I did not say. You put more into that conversation then what we had knowledge of or agreed to. You were manipulative. That is why we decided not to work with you. That is the back-stabbing I was referring to.

You also just sent me an email giving me two choices. War or call you. I'd rather you just not talk to me again or even contact me. Perhaps you can also write about something else besides what you think. You know, the truth.

Michael
Old December 17 2011, 10:04 PM   #809
MarsWeeps
Commander

I am a lawyer. EVERYTHING I have said is the truth
I'm pretty sure those 2 things are mutually exclusive.
Old December 17 2011, 10:12 PM   #810
CDR Tacket
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Any moderator here to remove these negative posts?
Closed Thread