Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 4 2012, 01:05 PM   #1246
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

I didn't answer the last question.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2012, 03:33 PM   #1247
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Old May 25 2012, 01:36 AM   #1248
Steven
Admiral

New multiplayer DLC coming next week - free for those who redeemed an Online Pass:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/24/m...ack/#more-4597

Reinforcements are being deployed to all N7 forces, bringing out some heavy hitters thanks to the new Mass Effect 3 Rebellion DLC Pack! Arriving on Xbox Live, the PlayStation Network and PC on Tuesday, May 29 (Wednesday, May 30 on the PSN in Europe), the Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack will be bringing you more gear, more weapons, more maps, and more kits, available at no additional cost for anyone who redeemed an Online Pass for Mass Effect 3 on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360.

The Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Reegar Carbine, Krysae Sniper Rifle, Cerberus Harrier) as well as equipment, consumables, and six new characters from species that have lost lives or whole planets to the Reapers: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard. The battle continues!
Also, another multiplayer operation this weekend. And due to the failure of the last multiplayer operation, there will be more Banshees and they might spawn even if playing a Cerberus or Geth match. Sounds like fun, but I think I'll pass...
Old May 25 2012, 02:34 AM   #1249
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Random thoughts: -
- The ex-Cerberus classes are an interesting twist. Only time will tell if their powers make them sufficiently different from the bog standard humans.

- Playing as a flamethrowing Vorcha sounds like fun!

- Are the Vorcha the last "humanoid" race left? I mean I can't see them even attempting to use elcor, hanar or volus classes (as hilarious as it may be.) What else is left? Female Turians? That would be nice.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 12:04 AM   #1250
Kadratis
Fleet Captain

An Elcor would just be so awesome. Imagine playing as a large Elcor Dekuuna warrior (you save them in the SP-campaign) with large shiny armor and a mass effect field generator/machine gun mounted on its' hump. "Badassfully: You will all die."
Kadratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 12:33 AM   #1251
throwback
Captain

throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 07:13 AM   #1252
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
- Are the Vorcha the last "humanoid" race left? I mean I can't see them even attempting to use elcor, hanar or volus classes (as hilarious as it may be.) What else is left? Female Turians? That would be nice.
If they let people be Blasto in multiplayer, many things would be forgiven.

Kadratis wrote: View Post
An Elcor would just be so awesome. Imagine playing as a large Elcor Dekuuna warrior (you save them in the SP-campaign) with large shiny armor and a mass effect field generator/machine gun mounted on its' hump. "Badassfully: You will all die."
Old May 29 2012, 12:28 PM   #1253
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Awesome.
Old May 29 2012, 08:28 PM   #1254
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Those melee whips look insane!
Old May 29 2012, 09:00 PM   #1255
throwback
Captain

Smudboy released his last video in the series Mass Effect 3: Bookends of Destruction this Sunday. It is full of spoilers, so you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW2Zx...1&feature=plcp

I think his comments are great, and, at times, hilarious.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 11:53 PM   #1256
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Umm... Did they nerf the weight on the Mattock with this update? I use a Mattock X on my Salarian engineer and I could SWEAR I had a +200% cooldown before. Now it's +170%. Or maybe I'm just imagining things...
Old May 30 2012, 04:48 AM   #1257
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

throwback wrote: View Post
Smudboy released his last video in the series Mass Effect 3: Bookends of Destruction this Sunday. It is full of spoilers, so you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW2Zx...1&feature=plcp

I think his comments are great, and, at times, hilarious.
Not that Smudboy doesn't make valid points, but sifting through the inane nonsense to find them is tiresome work.

If I found literally every line of dialogue in ME2 somehow objectionable, as he seemed to, I can't imagine buying ME3.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2012, 10:53 AM   #1258
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I don't need to sit through something like five hours of detailed criticism to know what ME3's major flaws are. I can figure that out for myself.

Had a quick go with multiplayer last night. Only managed to get the Quarian infiltrator despite saving up enough cash for something like five of those premium spectre packs. Lots of fun though. The target designator thing is great for dealing with phantoms and hunters!
Old May 30 2012, 05:56 PM   #1259
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I'm not too worried about getting one of the new Rebellion characters. I'm very much enjoying my Geth Infiltrator. Hunter Mode + Tactical Cloak + Proximity Mine + shotgun = FUN.

From doing a little searching, it seems like a lot of GI players like to use the Geth Plasma Shotgun, so getting one of those is what I'm mainly interested in right now.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2012, 10:07 PM   #1260
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Not terribly impressed with the new sniper rifle, if you can even call it that. It's more like a low powered cobra launcher and the zoom function isn't as good as they made it sound.