Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 21 2011, 10:48 PM   #271
SPCTRE
BATMANBATMANBATMAN

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Mass Effect 3

In other news, if for some reason you haven't listened to it yet and you need additional input for you Mass Effect-y pumped-upness, here you go:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...mander-Shepard
Old June 21 2011, 11:01 PM   #272
Reverend
Rear Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Quoting sidoshi over at NeoGAF:
I looked around and couldn't see this mentioned, so kill me if it was.

Today on Twitter, David Silverman (marketing director at BioWare) said these things:

Quote:
"@SilentKittyK the CE of #ME3 has both #FemShep and male Shepard on the box."

"@ChrisCrowdly there will be a #FemShep trailer. We actually had a meeting on her yesterday. We are working on the look now."
YES.

Well it took them long enough.

I take it from that though that they're not just going to go with the default femShep look? If they come up with something new then they'd better include it in the game's presents.
Seriously though, did it bother anyone else that Bioware's trailers for DAO bore next to no resemblance to the actual game? Even recently with DA2 there were things in the trailer that would have been great in the game but oddly absent. Probably not something worth worrying about as the ME trailers have been fairly representative of the final product. Though I do wish they'd kept the hyper-detailed galaxy map seen in some of the early ME gameplay footage.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 11:04 PM   #273
Skywalker
Admiral

Bah, don't throw the FemShep supporters a bone, BioWare! Stay strong! Don't listen to their whining!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2011, 11:29 PM   #274
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

It's the Tali fans that I'm more worried about. If they set out to please them then her environment suit in ME3 will be completely transparent and she'll only be wearing a thong under there. And they still wouldn't be happy unless thong-Tali was also on the boxart.
Old June 22 2011, 09:55 AM   #275
Reverend
Rear Admiral

You know I'm not sure if I actually want to see what Tali looks like under that or not. On the one hand I'm of course naturally curious as to the quarrians' true appearance but on the other...well it's like the old "monster scratching at the door" analogy. Nothing they come up with could possibly satisfy *everyone's* expectations and in a way it's best to just leave it to the imagination.
Old June 22 2011, 02:46 PM   #276
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

If they do decide to show her, I hope they don't go the beautiful space-elf route that some fans are suggesting. Personally, I'd prefer it if she had black, wrinkled, leathery skin with big yellow teeth, or something. That way it would really put the Tali fans who act all smug because they chose her based on her personality to the test. If they're as enlightened as they claim to be then they wouldn't care if she looked like a 3,000 year-old mummy.
Old June 22 2011, 04:35 PM   #277
Skywalker
Admiral

I hope they never reveal what quarians look like. Partly to shut the Tali fans up, partly because I don't really care enough about the quarians to want to know what they look like, and partly because I think not knowing makes them more interesting than knowing would.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2011, 05:52 PM   #278
SPCTRE
BATMANBATMANBATMAN

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
If they do decide to show her, I hope they don't go the beautiful space-elf route that some fans are suggesting. Personally, I'd prefer it if she had black, wrinkled, leathery skin with big yellow teeth, or something. That way it would really put the Tali fans who act all smug because they chose her based on her personality to the test. If they're as enlightened as they claim to be then they wouldn't care if she looked like a 3,000 year-old mummy.
Old June 22 2011, 06:25 PM   #279
Jax
Admiral

They should show her eyes only or something though she can't be ugly cause Sheppard takes her mask off and goes to town
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2011, 07:49 PM   #280
LeadHead
Interstellar Man of Mystery

Tali goes to town before Shepard really reacts at all.
Old June 22 2011, 08:12 PM   #281
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that whatever they come up with (assuming they come up with anything at all) she'll be cute.

While I wouldn't say I'm as vocal or as enthusiastic as some others, I defiantly count myself as a Tali fan. Partly because she was the only Quarrian we saw in ME1 and that by itself made her more interesting but she was also the only character other than Ash who didn't seem to whine and get all angsty over everything. Ash may have been a little closed minded (though I wouldn't label her as racist as others seem to) at least she had a firm point of view.

My preference for Tali also had something to do with my first playthrough being as a Soldier so I always made sure I had squad mates with tech and biotic powers to balance things out...which consequently meant I spent most of the game with Tali and Liara in tow.
Old June 22 2011, 09:30 PM   #282
Saquist
Commodore

It's about time we see the Sallarian homeworld.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2011, 11:19 PM   #283
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^I think this time around, we'll be seeing *all* the major homeworlds.
Old June 23 2011, 03:00 AM   #284
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I hope we get to meet Garrus' parents when we visit Palaven!
Old June 23 2011, 03:04 AM   #285
Manticore
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I hope we get to meet Garrus' parents when we visit Palaven!
That would be awkward, especially if one *ahem* ingested.