Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 5 2010, 08:41 PM   #31
Scout101
Admiral

Re: How Did You Discover "Smallville"?

Been here since the beginning...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 08:44 PM   #32
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I don't remember how I found out about it, probably a commercial on TV or something, I was watching other shows on at the time on that channel so it was a natural progression that I watch Smallville since I'm interested in that kinda stuff.

I've been watching it since it premiered on TV.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 09:31 PM   #33
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I'm sure I read about it in a magazine or something describing upcoming TV shows. I thought the idea of a show about Clark and not Superman or Superboy would never work. Though since I'm a comics nut, I had to watch it, and I've never really stopped since the pilot. Despite its flaws it a good contemporary take on the character and the mythos.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 12:32 AM   #34
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Been watching since the pilot. I think back then it was paired with BTVS.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 03:33 AM   #35
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Was it ever paired with BTVS?

I watched Charmed during that time I think

I can't remember what happened 10 years ago

I know I watched all those shows, so whatever was on then, I watched it

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 06:02 AM   #36
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

^

Not possible - Buffy was paired with Angel before goin' over to UPN.
Old December 6 2010, 06:39 AM   #37
Aragorn
Admiral

^ It was possible if you lived in a small town/city that doesn't have enough local stations to have UPN/WB affiliates. In those instances the other stations could've run UPN/WB shows on syndication time slots, e.g. Enterprise on Saturday at 5 p.m. followed by Angel at 6 p.m.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 06:40 AM   #38
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

^

On the same nights? I remember before Austin/San Marcos had seperate stations for 'em, ya got WB programmin' durin' the week & UPN shows on the weekends.
Old December 6 2010, 06:43 AM   #39
Aragorn
Admiral

The town I used to live in when I was younger didn't have any UPN or WB affiliates, so Fox ran their shows on the weekends. And since Fox doesn't program the 10 p.m. hour on weeknights, I guess they could've run shows then too.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 07:49 AM   #40
Nowhere Man
Commodore

At first I didn't want anything to do with it. I didn't like the teenage aingst shit that I heard about it and frankly the CW as it's called now, didn't produce any show that I ever liked. I always chose Enterprise over Smallvile. They were both on at the same time. I am a huge Superman fan, but Smallville to me was not Superman. One night I was bored and there was really nothing on but a Smallvile marathon on ABC Fam. They had the first three seasons. It was more than one night, but a marathon. I decided to just finally give it a chance. I watched it and I liked it, not instantly, but still. This was in the winter in the middle of the fourth season, so I sorta missed it.

I usually work at night and was unable to watch the series in real time. I decided that since I had missed the first half of the fourth season I would just wait for the dvd. I bought the season dvd and it was the fourth season that I really loved the show.I ten decided to watch in real time from season five, but work always got in the way, so I would watch up until the about the midway point then work would get in the way. I just decided to be behind one season each year. I just decided to buy the dvd and watch each season that way. I had that system up until this year. I'm unemployed now and fuly caught up. I have been watching in real time each week this season. Unless I get a job soon, I will probably get to see the entire season. I will still buy the blue ray(now) though.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 08:52 AM   #41
Jetfire

Aragorn wrote: View Post
^ It was possible if you lived in a small town/city that doesn't have enough local stations to have UPN/WB affiliates. In those instances the other stations could've run UPN/WB shows on syndication time slots, e.g. Enterprise on Saturday at 5 p.m. followed by Angel at 6 p.m.
On our NBC affiliate they showed 4 hours of WB programming on Sat night. So we would see Smallville and Angel first and then like Everwood and some other crap after. I forgot how it went exactly but they usually paired things up with the shows they were with...like on Fri at 2am they showed Charmed and whatever it was paired with at the time.
Old December 6 2010, 09:49 AM   #42
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Gay friends of mine kept going on about it, however they lost interest when it became clear that Lex would never bend Clark over the pool table.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 11:54 PM   #43
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty sure I read about it in TV Guide or perhaps somewhere on the internet when the networks were developing pilots for the upcoming season. Being a comics and Superman fan I decided to watch it. Unfortunately in was on against 24 so I could only watch one since we had just one VCR and nor DVR back then. Luckily Fox was airing repeats of 24 on Fridays for a few weeks so i watched both. When Fox stopped the reruns I kept watching 24 on Tuesdays and caught Smallville during Summer repeats. Then early season 2 my brother began watching it so I used the VCR to record 24 during thqt season. I think after that 24 switched nights so the conflict was gone.
Old December 7 2010, 12:42 AM   #44
P0sitr0nic
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to P0sitr0nic

I started watching with the premier.
Old December 7 2010, 06:23 AM   #45
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

I was driving out of Metropolis and I blinked, then suddenly I was in Smallville.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote