RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,574
Posts: 5,514,598
Members: 25,154
Currently online: 547
Newest member: MC1367

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 10 2013, 01:47 AM   #1156
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Changed mine, felt it needed more awesome, and this may have been the limits my desktop could handle:

__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 05:01 AM   #1157
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

ITL wrote: View Post
It's a Fender Jaguarillo.
Me being me, I had to go right off and search to figure out what kind of guitar that was, rather than simply scrolling down. Not quite a Jaguar, but not a Jazzmaster either, hmmm...
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 09:27 AM   #1158
ITElf
Vice Admiral
 
ITElf's Avatar
 
Location: ITL
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
ITL wrote: View Post
It's a Fender Jaguarillo.
Me being me, I had to go right off and search to figure out what kind of guitar that was, rather than simply scrolling down. Not quite a Jaguar, but not a Jazzmaster either, hmmm...
Another popular hybrid is the Telemaster (or Jazzcaster, depending on who you ask). Fender only ever made one run of them as a Custom Shop thing, but a few companies copied the style. Like this. It's also a body option at online guitar builders like Warmoth.
__________________
"Closed this morning as Ravenscroft, the bakery's dog, sprained his mouth whistling round a corner."
- Tockleys Bakery
ITElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 10:12 AM   #1159
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

I couldn't keep my previous desktop for two reasons:

(A) Having Freddie Mercury blast out of an atomic mushroom cloud carrying a unicorn was too awesome to behold.

(B) The white of the image was starting to burn.

So, here's a new desktop which should stick with me for a while (I changed my clock, too):

__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 06:36 AM   #1160
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

ITL wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
ITL wrote: View Post
It's a Fender Jaguarillo.
Me being me, I had to go right off and search to figure out what kind of guitar that was, rather than simply scrolling down. Not quite a Jaguar, but not a Jazzmaster either, hmmm...
Another popular hybrid is the Telemaster (or Jazzcaster, depending on who you ask). Fender only ever made one run of them as a Custom Shop thing, but a few companies copied the style. Like this. It's also a body option at online guitar builders like Warmoth.
Both of those look like fun. I've been spotting quite a few hybrids in various vids I've looked at recently. Or some hybrids and some very weird Frankenstein assemblages where I can't conclusively identify all of the bits involved. Thurston Moore had a couple of funny ones, and someone posted a clip of some L.A. band I wasn't familiar with and I never did figure out what their guy was playing.

(Also: not a hybrid, but you might find this interesting.)
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 06:55 AM   #1161
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

I had a '73 candy apple Jazzmaster when I was a kid. My dad found it at a garage sale for $50. Obviously the seller had no idea what it was worth.

Unfortunately, our house flooded when I was 13 and the poor thing drowned. The neck warped enough that the intonation on the second octave was more or less crap, and, of course, the electronics were all shot. Ultimately, I replaced the electronics with some cheap third-party stuff, replaced the neck with a regular (Mexican) Jag neck, and gave it to a friend for her birthday.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 08:33 AM   #1162
ITElf
Vice Admiral
 
ITElf's Avatar
 
Location: ITL
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Both of those look like fun. I've been spotting quite a few hybrids in various vids I've looked at recently. Or some hybrids and some very weird Frankenstein assemblages where I can't conclusively identify all of the bits involved. Thurston Moore had a couple of funny ones, and someone posted a clip of some L.A. band I wasn't familiar with and I never did figure out what their guy was playing.

(Also: not a hybrid, but you might find this interesting.)
Yep, the Roxy! There are so many signature guitars around these days - and some of the limited run Gibson ones are outrageously priced, too. Funny you should mention Thurston Moore - both he and Lee Ranaldo have their own signature Jazzmasters, as does J. Mascis.
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I had a '73 candy apple Jazzmaster when I was a kid. My dad found it at a garage sale for $50. Obviously the seller had no idea what it was worth.

Unfortunately, our house flooded when I was 13 and the poor thing drowned. The neck warped enough that the intonation on the second octave was more or less crap, and, of course, the electronics were all shot. Ultimately, I replaced the electronics with some cheap third-party stuff, replaced the neck with a regular (Mexican) Jag neck, and gave it to a friend for her birthday.
Jag neck on a Jazzmaster body? Different scale lengths, surely?
__________________
"Closed this morning as Ravenscroft, the bakery's dog, sprained his mouth whistling round a corner."
- Tockleys Bakery
ITElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 09:45 AM   #1163
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Probably. It was 15 years ago now, so I don't remember the specifics. I know it didn't fit without some fiddling. The neck itself was in pretty poor shape. I got it from a local shop owner for cheap because he was probably going to throw it away. But it worked for the most part.

And really, I haven't seen the guitar (or the friend) in nearly as long.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 04:22 PM   #1164
Gaseous Anomaly
Wacked out trippin dude™
 
Gaseous Anomaly's Avatar
 
Location: One screw loose and oof my nut...
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Put this up yesterday.
__________________

Gaseous Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 07:52 PM   #1165
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
SantaEddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Gorgeous. Combat aircraft make some of the best wallpaper.
__________________
Remember what cooleddie74 says, kids:

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 08:17 PM   #1166
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

There was a time when modern military aircraft pictures were all I used for wallpapers.

I had everything from Tornadoes and Ardvarks to A-4s and F-5s. F-16s and F-22s to Gripens and Rafales. And E-8s to Ospreys.

I have amassed a huge collection of photos over the years. Unfortunately, 98% of them are 1024, so they're not really useable any more.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 09:50 AM   #1167
Saito S
Fleet Captain
 
Saito S's Avatar
 
Location: a world of keyboards, camaraderie, and caffeine. aka Nano 2014
Send a message via AIM to Saito S
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Haven't fiddled with my desktop in ages, but I fell in love with this wallpaper, and started changing my Rainmeter skins around, too. All the ones you see here are from a set called "Sea" (except for the one displaying album art from iTunes in the upper left, which is from "Enigma", but I just like having the art displayed!).



Might try some other Rainmeter skins at some point soon.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
There was a time when modern military aircraft pictures were all I used for wallpapers.

I had everything from Tornadoes and Ardvarks to A-4s and F-5s. F-16s and F-22s to Gripens and Rafales. And E-8s to Ospreys.

I have amassed a huge collection of photos over the years. Unfortunately, 98% of them are 1024, so they're not really useable any more.
I'm the same way, but with me it's starships. Though I've actually managed to find a good number that are larger than 1024.
__________________
Valocea - new map/info as of Oct 2014!
Nanowrimo 2014! Get hype!
Saito S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 03:18 PM   #1168
Santa Horrible
Tom Hendricks
 
Santa Horrible's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Santa Horrible's Twitter Profile
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

I'm all about Game of Thrones, loved this pic when I saw it.
__________________
Now she's here shining in the starlight, Now she's here, suddenly I know. If she's here, it's crystal clear, I'm where I'm meant to go

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Santa Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 09:33 PM   #1169
Snow Is Falling
Vice Admiral
 
Snow Is Falling's Avatar
 
Location: Taking a Sleigh Ride together with you.
View Snow Is Falling's Twitter Profile
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

^Nice. I've got to admit, I LOVE those clockwork animations.
I finished watching season 3 a couple of days ago and now I don't know what to do with my evenings.
Desktop version of album art for Muse's album 'The Origin Of Symmetry'.
__________________
"Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling yoo-hoo!"
Last.FM, Soundcloud
~JayOwl
Snow Is Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2013, 10:42 PM   #1170
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

New desktop pic:

__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
desktop, wallpaper

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.