Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

View Poll Results: Did Spock and Savvik have sex?
Yes, of course they did 105 64.81%
They very well might have done 38 23.46%
Don't know one way or the other 12 7.41%
Unlikely that they did 3 1.85%
No of course not 4 2.47%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 3 2013, 11:18 PM   #76
AgentDreidel
Fleet Captain

Location: AgentCoop...Chillin' in the Black Lodge since June 10th, 1991
View AgentDreidel's Twitter Profile
Re: Did Spock have sex with Savvik in Star Trek 3?

They totally did it...and it was HOT!
AgentDreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 11:24 PM   #77
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Starfury wrote: View Post
Having sex with Saavik is always the logical course of action.
I agree!
Old December 3 2013, 11:48 PM   #78
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

saavikam wrote: View Post
Maurice wrote: View Post
Wow, this thread has a thick layer of dust on it. You might notice that the last post was almost 3 years ago.
Didn't realise that threads were timebound

I watched it on TV the other night, found this thread and thought I'd comment. Perhaps the thread is due a little bit of a bump to the top of the listing
I don't know that there's an official policy, but I have seen some moderators here indicate that we typically shouldn't post in threads that have been inactive for over a year (example), and suggest starting new threads on the topic.
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 12:08 AM   #79
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

1.) Spock and Saavik TOTALLY did it.

2.)
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 03:30 AM   #80
borgboy
Fleet Captain

I've been at forums where people got upset if you started a new thread when there was a similar one buried deep in the forums from a year or more back. I don't see any harm in continuing with an old thread, reviving an old conversation.

Funny enough, I just watched STII and am about to watch STIII when I took a little break to go online, and found this.

I never doubted for a second that Spock and Saavik had wild pon farr sex on Genesis.
I have read the Pandora books and the Vulcan's Forge and Vulcan's Heart books, in that order. So I saw Spock as Saavik's father figure - which can easily be seen as the reason for Saavik's grief. The later romance came off kind of creepy because of that.

I think Spock going thru pon farr on Genesis pretty much proves it's biological, which is what I thought. A psychological reason for pon farr wouldn't have all Vulcans having a psychological breakdown in the same pattern, some could go much longer, some much less. I don't recall anything about Romulans having pon farr, I assume that's a Vulcan think, much like their telepathic powers. It's a shame that Saavik being half Romulan wasn't developed in the movies, as that's an interesting aspect of her background. Saavik in STII definitely shows more emotion than we've ever seen from a Vulcan not under some kind of influence. Saavik is really likeable and interesting, and I think was and is generally pretty popular. I think the movies at that time could've benefited from having her around. She certainly wouldn't have made STV any worse.

I do think Saavik being pregnant by Spock would've been an interesting twist. It's a shame that they wrote out Saavik so casually, I'd have liked to have seen her in the other movies, but I'm glad that they gave her role to Valeris, as I don't think that story suited Saavik. But then my opinion is drawn from novels and years of distance, I guess our opinion on Saavik would be pretty different if she'd had Valeris's story.

I'd think with the age difference between Spock and Saavik it'll be a long time, if ever, before she shows up in the new universe.
Old December 9 2013, 03:43 AM   #81
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

I believe they did. He was going through pon farr. So if they didn't mate, he would have died.
Also when Savvik bumped into him in TVH, she appeared to be uncomfortable.

She then joined his mother when the "Bounty" took flight. I figured she was staying with the family because she was pregnant.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 03:57 AM   #82
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

^ IIRC, that last bit was considered for a future film (Saavik's pregnancy).
Old December 9 2013, 04:22 AM   #83
Lance
Commodore

MerryJinXmas wrote: View Post
I believe they did. He was going through pon farr. So if they didn't mate, he would have died.
Indeed. It's clear they did if only for this fact. He survived, and Savvik of all people would have known how imperitive it was that he be guided through Pon Farr.

Also when Savvik bumped into him in TVH, she appeared to be uncomfortable.
There's a moment in the final scene of TSFS where she and Spock share a glance and she is likewise. Her body language is all over the place because she evidently had no idea if Spock actually remembers it or not.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 04:31 AM   #84
Armored Saint
Fleet Captain

The main goal is in fact the lack of inhibition of Spock's parents who did this finger trick in front of everyone in Journey to Babel. It was cleary pon every night in their house!
Armored Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 04:37 AM   #85
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Pon farr AND pon close, apparently.
Old December 9 2013, 10:30 AM   #86
Lance
Commodore

To be honest, if it really came down to a choice between life or death, then I'd tap Savvik as well.

But I'd be thinking of Rebecca from Cheers.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 10:44 AM   #87
Gov Kodos
Admiral

What kind did they have? How many times did they do it? Did they use birth control? Did Saavik get over David too fast to get jiggy with Spock? There's lots of threads one could start rather than revive one that might have been better left dead.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 01:42 PM   #88
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Before Voyager messed it up, I thought it was more about the mental link rather the physical one. But in Voyager, all they needed to do was to fuck a hologram. That makes pon farr a lot less dramatic when it's just "I'm going to die if I don't jerk off!!!".
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 01:53 PM   #89
AgentDreidel
Fleet Captain

Location: AgentCoop...Chillin' in the Black Lodge since June 10th, 1991
View AgentDreidel's Twitter Profile

Gov Radner wrote: View Post
What kind did they have? How many times did they do it? Did they use birth control? Did Saavik get over David too fast to get jiggy with Spock? There's lots of threads one could start rather than revive one that might have been better left dead.
As borgboy pointed out above, many forums have precisely the opposite policy regarding starting a new thread on an old topic. In fact it's been my experience that that tends to be the norm. I don't see the harm in reviving an old thread, especially if the person who did so was trying to avoid breaking any rules.
AgentDreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 01:55 PM   #90
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

AgentDreidel wrote: View Post
Gov Radner wrote: View Post
As borgboy pointed out above, many forums have precisely the opposite policy regarding starting a new thread on an old topic. In fact it's been my experience that that tends to be the norm. I don't see the harm in reviving an old thread, especially if the person who did so was trying to avoid breaking any rules.
On TrekBBS, you can never be sure when you're going to break a rule.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote