Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 30 2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Mantiscare
Rear Admiral

Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

TheBrew wrote: View Post
FordSVT wrote: View Post
I already had Loremaster, but I'm going through the remade zones to get the new quest achievements. After about ten hours worth of play time I'm almost done Eastern Kingdoms. The new quest chains are brilliant, it's amazing how streamline the zones are. No more hidden NPCs and seven spots in a zone you can pick up quests. There is certainly some kind of downside to that, but there are still achievements to encourage out-of-the-box exploration and it will definitely make questing faster for old hands and more intuitive and enjoyable and modern to new players. Cata is really bringing the game up to a fresh standard in a lot of ways, it almost feels like a new game.

Everyone get their sunflower pet?
Where do you get the pet?
From the new plants vs. ghouls thingy up in Hillsbrad.
Old December 2 2010, 09:00 PM   #17
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Four more days!!! AMG!!!!

I'm pretty excited. I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off to level my warrior to 85 or thereabouts.
Old December 3 2010, 06:22 PM   #18
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

I've got Thursday and Friday off, followed by my regular Sat and Sun off. Had something important to do at work Wednesday so I didn't want to take it off, and I figure Tuesday will be a miserable experience from a server reliability perspective and due to the starting zones being absolutely packed with people the entire day. Launch day for WOTLK wasn't very fun, I suspect they've learned a bit on the hardware side of things but there isn't anything you can do about 1000 nerds all trying to kill the same mobs.
Old December 5 2010, 06:01 PM   #19
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

Just ordered Cataclysm online, also bought myself a L'il Ragnaros pet. I had no idea he could also be used as a cooking fire!

Old December 7 2010, 10:34 PM   #20
Jetfire

How many of you created a Goblin & a Worgen?
Old December 9 2010, 05:54 PM   #21
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

I made one of each. I've played the Worgen up to level 8 or 9 so far. Haven't played the Gobbo yet. I've been spending my time leveling my Blood Elf Hunter.

I started playing WoW a couple years ago to please my wife who is a WoW fanatic. I have stopped and started so many times it's pathetic. My highest level char is a 45 Warrior. Can you believe that I have bought the Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, AND Cataclysm, but so far I haven't leveled up any characters far enough to actually enjoy the content from those expansions? Ha!
Old December 10 2010, 01:11 AM   #22
Jetfire

I was on a free trial of BC and got my Blood Elf Hunter up to 23...of course 5 of that 10 day trial was spent downloading and updating the game on my pc. I got another free trial...just regular WoW and I am trying to get my Night Elf Hunter as high as I can get em'...1 day in and a lvl 10. I only played 2 hours last night. I need to get BC, WotLK and CAT...someday.
Old December 10 2010, 01:16 AM   #23
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

Jetfire wrote: View Post
I was on a free trial of BC and got my Blood Elf Hunter up to 23...of course 5 of that 10 day trial was spent downloading and updating the game on my pc. I got another free trial...just regular WoW and I am trying to get my Night Elf Hunter as high as I can get em'...1 day in and a lvl 10. I only played 2 hours last night. I need to get BC, WotLK and CAT...someday.
Here's my honest take, after having spent the money already.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Blood Elf, don't bother buying the Burning Crusade until you're getting close to level 60.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Death Knight, don't get Wrath of the Lich King until you are getting close to level 70.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Goblin or a Worgen, don't get Cataclysm until you are getting close to level 80.
Old December 10 2010, 01:23 AM   #24
Jetfire

I prefer the Blood Elf...but I am happy playing my Night Elf. It will be a long while before I upgrade.
Old December 11 2010, 06:49 PM   #25
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Jetfire wrote: View Post
Here's my honest take, after having spent the money already.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Blood Elf, don't bother buying the Burning Crusade until you're getting close to level 60.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Death Knight, don't get Wrath of the Lich King until you are getting close to level 70.

Unless you really, really, really want to play as a Goblin or a Worgen, don't get Cataclysm until you are getting close to level 80.
You can buy all three pre-Cata disks right now for about $20 on Blizzard.com, so it's not much of a risk picking up the expansions.

And I hit 85 last night at about 430 am! Happy day.
Old December 13 2010, 11:13 PM   #26
LitmusDragon
Commodore

I quite enjoyed the ride to 85 on my fury warrior. Right now I'm treadmilling normals to gear up for heroics and leveling Blacksmithing so I can make my PvP set.
Old December 13 2010, 11:49 PM   #27
darthraidr
Commodore

/grats to the 85s

i am taking my time... i just hit 82 and went off to deepholm. it's been fun so far.
darthraidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2010, 08:08 AM   #28
Mantiscare
Rear Admiral

Ding 85!

And I'm only 9 item levels shy of heroics.
Old December 14 2010, 06:34 PM   #29
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

Almost ready to raid, I've got a 336 average iLevel. Mostly 333 and 346 pieces, one 359 epic. Still need to get a better weapon, wand and boots though. All of them are 318 quest greens. Might try to get my hands on the crafted sword if the price is reasonable, but I haven't seen one on the AH. Might look for one tonight in /trade.

All in all I'm loving the expansion. I've done all the quest in the each of the new zones aside from Deepholm, which I'm about half way through. Next order of business will be to level my goblin warrior tank.
Old December 15 2010, 06:13 PM   #30
LitmusDragon
Commodore

335 ilevel here and still haven't tried a heroic. I'm waiting till more of my guildies are ready.

I hear the heroics are really difficult, like BC heroics! I remember what that was like. I'm not in too much of a hurry to enter them until I've exhausted all other avenues of advancement.

In about a week I should have my weapon from the Tol Barad faction and my epic neck and belt from Ramkahen and Hyjal factions respectively and then, I'll be ready to raid.

Last edited by LitmusDragon; December 15 2010 at 06:49 PM.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote