IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 14 2010, 02:21 AM   #31
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: SMALLVILLE: JL or L*?

I'd be interested to see the alternate series finale that Miles and Gough came up with during the shorten WGA strike (season seven). That was the second time Michael Rossenbaum said that he would have returned for the series finale had it ended. There is also reportedly series finale treatments they came up with for season six and five because they didn't think they'd get renewed.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 04:37 AM   #32
Jetfire

I also would have most of the 31st Century stuff take place on a ship...it would start out in New Metropolis at their headquarters and all...but it wouldn't take place there...to help with the budget.

As I said SF is going to be expensive no matter what...so you have to pick your battles. Again...just my imagination here...not what I expect to see...ever.
Old November 14 2010, 04:52 AM   #33
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Based on what we have seen so far, I would really like to see a Justice League series with Clark making guest appearances. Within the context of what has already been established, I think it could really work with Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter being the leaders of the League.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 04:54 AM   #34
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Oh that reminds me...my Metropolis would be called Megatropolis and encompass the entire eastern seaboard in the future!!! No Kansas location for it.

Old November 14 2010, 04:57 AM   #35
Jetfire

Yeah the JLers are great...great actors & actresses all around I love Britt Irvin as Stargirl & Alaina Huffman as Black Canary.

But the L* is nothing to sneeze at...I swear that ep is one of the best...if not the best of the series...and the actors & actress playing them rock! Throw in Marsters as Brainiac 5...it is a winner!
Old November 14 2010, 05:01 AM   #36
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Long Live The Legion!!!

Old November 14 2010, 05:11 AM   #37
Jetfire

^
For real!

Even though people at The CW & Brian/Kelly have ruled out a spin-off...I think it would be a shame if something doesn't happen.
Old November 14 2010, 05:16 AM   #38
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'd be fine with a two hour Legion movie, either pilot or mini-series. I'm actually a little surprised that we've not read anything about a "Green Arrow" spin off series. I think that would be almost natural. After the events of "Smallville" Ollie moves back permanently to set up shop and take control of his life at Star City. Sometimes I find it funny that he's in Metropolis so damn much.

Old November 14 2010, 06:16 AM   #39
Jetfire

I don't think doing the Legionnaires powers would have been more costly than what was done on Mutant X or even Smallville...but the sets would have been costly for the 31st century...even if it was actual sets with green screen...really no different than Smallville now...10 years ago...no.
Old November 14 2010, 06:20 AM   #40
Christopher
Writer

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'd be interested to see the alternate series finale that Miles and Gough came up with during the shorten WGA strike (season seven).
Ugh, no thanks. That was when the show was at its absolute nadir. I actually stopped watching toward the end of S7 and didn't come back until Millar & Gough had left.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Jetfire

I think the strike had more to do with S7's woes than anything else...I am glad the show continued.
Old November 14 2010, 07:03 PM   #42
Christopher
Writer

^Naah, I was hating the writing for a season or two before that. The only reason I stuck around as long as I did was because I adore Kristin Kreuk -- and enjoyed watching Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover for entirely different reasons. Indeed, according to Wikipedia, the effects of the strike only kicked in after episode 15 of the season, and that was exactly when I stopped watching, so the strike wouldn't have been a factor in the problems that drove me off. (Unless maybe the writers were so worried about the impending strike that the quality of their work went down the tubes?)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 07:08 PM   #43
Jetfire

The latter part S5 & most of S6 wasn't where the show should have gone and S7 was good up until midway but if the strike didn't effect it until ep 15...I don't know what the hell happened.
Old November 14 2010, 07:15 PM   #44
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The story is that the writers changed the original plan for season seven because of the strike and that "Veritas" would serve as either the season finale for the show if they could not continue filming or just as a mid-season finale (as it was I believe). They also apparently had written a series finale just in case they could not continue or were canceled that season. Michael Rossenbum was very vocal about coming back for the finale if this was the case. I remember posting here that I really hoped the show would conclude because of how bad things had got. Season Seven was ultimately shortened as well due to the strike. I remember that we posted pictures of Brian, Kelly, Don, and Holly picketing and there was overwhelming support for them here.

Old November 14 2010, 07:22 PM   #45
Jetfire

S7 was shaping up to be great and then it all went to hell. I'd like to know what they had planned originally.