RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Posts: 5,431,602
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 417
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 13 2010, 03:55 AM   #61
wamdue
Admiral
 
wamdue's Avatar
 
Location: wamdue
Re: The Big Bang Theory

It is just something that came to me whilst I was watching the episode (watching at UK pace)
__________________
Im Proud of the BBC
wamdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2010, 05:18 PM   #62
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Chris_Johnston wrote: View Post
^ Or a pontoon boat!
And since he was refering to the plane in the movie, not a boat, the correct term (airplane nerd here) is actually "floatplane."
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2010, 06:54 PM   #63
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory

"Even at Star Trek conventions they only let him(Wheaton)in if he helps set up!"

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2010, 07:52 PM   #64
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: The Big Bang Theory

I didn't have such a problem with Wheaton during his TNG days.. he was just the standard kid actor ( calm down.. it's not like i claimed Nemesis was the best ST movie!) but seeing him here i realize that.. well.. he sucks as an actor. He has not improved in quality over time as most adults do and it's ok that he's not an actor anymore as his main profession apparently.

As to Penny disappearing for a few episodes.. she was injured and as i take they film an episode each week and she needed to recuperate she just wasn't available for that time. Even more hilarious was the text at the end of an episode last week or the week before that where the producer makes fun of the accident and sets some ground rules for his actors and doing dangerous stuff on their free time (in a humorous tone).

This episode you could clearly see the cast poking through her trouser leg when they were watching Indiana Jones.. they tried to hide it with wide legs but it was still noticeable. Glad it was just a broken foot and will heal.

Final thought.. yay for the admittance that her leaving Leonard was more of a panic reaction than the realization of not having feelings anymore. I'm a huge shipper and that was big for me as i think they make a very cute couple. Just recently i also learned that the two dated in real life for about the time they were a pair onscreen which was also nice to hear and it would be also a question to the guys i'd pose if i ever got to talk to them personally.. i just can't believe you can work with such an attractive woman and not have some "thoughts"

Edit: Oops.. important typo fixed
__________________
"But that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger!" Phil Coulson
"Exactly!"
Nick Fury

Last edited by FPAlpha; November 14 2010 at 02:24 PM.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 01:49 AM   #65
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Final thought.. yay for the admittance that her leaving Leonard was more of a panic reaction than the realization of not having feelings anymore. I'm a huge shipper and that was big for me as i think they make a very cute couple. Just recently i also learned that the two dated in real life for about the time they were a pair onscreen which was also nice to hear and it would be also a question to the guys i'd pose if i ever got to talk to them personally.. i just can't believe you can work with such an attractive woman and not have some "thoughts"
Fixed. It was Leonard( johnny galecki )

Kaley was quoted as saying she'll never date actors again
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 06:06 PM   #66
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Location: Ontar-ri-ario
View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy
Re: The Big Bang Theory

She's dating a musician now

Me, I hated the Penny/Leonard relationship because of how it made Leonard unlikeable. I like him better this season than I did the entire third season. Maybe it was because they were dating irl, but they had 0 chemistry on the show.
__________________
Fanfic

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 07:55 PM   #67
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Trippy wrote: View Post
She's dating a musician now

Me, I hated the Penny/Leonard relationship because of how it made Leonard unlikeable. I like him better this season than I did the entire third season. Maybe it was because they were dating irl, but they had 0 chemistry on the show.

I don't know if I agree, BUT, I'm glad they did the relationship because it got them past the whole Will They/Won't They thing.

Now, it's they DID, and we're moving on.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 10:50 AM   #68
MichaelDornFan
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Am I the only one who thought Amy was very out of character this episode? There were numerous instances, but the biggest was the lesbian scene at the end...
MichaelDornFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 11:02 AM   #69
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral
 
FPAlpha's Avatar
 
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Re: The Big Bang Theory

I don't know.. she's the female Sheldon and like him she's socially totally inept or rather very factual and scientific.

She's reads about how a slumber party is supposed to work and fails to realize that the last part with the lesbianism is more of a male teenager fantasy (it said so on the "manual"! ) so she went through with it.

So she was quite in character.. asked about her sexual preferences she'd supposedly cite some neurochemical facts about sexuality and that to a brain it's all the same no matter where the stimulus is coming from... it made for a hilarious Penny reaction though.. too bad it was behind closed doors.

And isn't Bernadette the cutest woman ever.. i find her more attractive than Penny!
__________________
"But that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger!" Phil Coulson
"Exactly!"
Nick Fury
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 12:47 PM   #70
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: The Big Bang Theory

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
And isn't Bernadette the cutest woman ever.. i find her more attractive than Penny!
Penny is very attractive (though I prefer her in season 1 to now) but I love cute so Bernadette makes me everytime.
__________________
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 03:22 PM   #71
D.W.C
Ensign
 
Re: The Big Bang Theory

I got into The Big Bang Theory after watching the season 2 episode 'The Griffin Equivalency' on a repeat late at night, after the end of the season I watched all of season 1 and 2 and couldn't wait for more. One of my favourite shows and Sheldon is one of the best characters ever, he reminds me of me in the way I'm not afraid to truly say what I think, even if it will upset someone, Bazinga!
D.W.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 03:41 PM   #72
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral
 
Starbreaker's Avatar
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Christopher Judge was wearing a Bazinga shirt on Hollywood Treasure. It was awesome.
__________________
Currently Reading: The Abominable by Dan Simmons
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 05:03 PM   #73
FordSVT
Vice Admiral
 
FordSVT's Avatar
 
Location: Atlantic Canada
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Trippy wrote: View Post
She's dating a musician now

Me, I hated the Penny/Leonard relationship because of how it made Leonard unlikeable. I like him better this season than I did the entire third season. Maybe it was because they were dating irl, but they had 0 chemistry on the show.

I don't know if I agree, BUT, I'm glad they did the relationship because it got them past the whole Will They/Won't They thing.

Now, it's they DID, and we're moving on.
I don't know about that, I find it hard to believe they won't go back there, especially considering the reason Penny went into her room after the truth or dare scene. She clearly still has some romantic feelings towards him, and I find it hard to believe he'd turn her down if she showed interest again.

And yeah, Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) is quite fetching. She's cute as a button and her assets are quite impressive. I like her on True Blood too, though her character on that show is annoying as hell.
__________________
-FordSVT-
FordSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 07:12 PM   #74
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "We hold these truths to be self-evident..."
Re: The Big Bang Theory

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
I don't know.. she's the female Sheldon and like him she's socially totally inept or rather very factual and scientific.

She's reads about how a slumber party is supposed to work and fails to realize that the last part with the lesbianism is more of a male teenager fantasy (it said so on the "manual"! ) so she went through with it.
I don't buy it one bit. The first time she appeared, she declared that under no circumstances would Sheldon even be allowed to touch her. She's a character who's averse to any form of overt sexuality.
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 08:24 PM   #75
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral
 
Vendikarr's Avatar
 
Location: Vendikarr
Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Big Bang Theory

Sci wrote: View Post
FPAlpha wrote: View Post
I don't know.. she's the female Sheldon and like him she's socially totally inept or rather very factual and scientific.

She's reads about how a slumber party is supposed to work and fails to realize that the last part with the lesbianism is more of a male teenager fantasy (it said so on the "manual"! ) so she went through with it.
I don't buy it one bit. The first time she appeared, she declared that under no circumstances would Sheldon even be allowed to touch her. She's a character who's averse to any form of overt sexuality.
Perhaps it's more likely

She's a character who's averse to any form of overt heterosexuality.
I mean, the time Penny complimented her, she did say she would be more flattered if Penny were a lesbian.
__________________
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
comedy, sitcom, the big bang theory

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.