MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 12 2010, 05:06 PM   #46
Nardpuncher
Rear Admiral

Re: The Big Bang Theory

I remember someone here on the TrekBBS saying that Christopher was basically like Sheldon.

I hadn't seen any of the show at that time, but have since I must say that poster here was correct.
Nardpuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 05:24 PM   #47
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

I don't know why they didn't just incorporate the broken leg into the show. She's been sitting down or behind the bar since she's been back.
Old November 12 2010, 07:16 PM   #48
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

wamdue wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
For what reason wouold Penny do that? She doesn't have a broken leg, the actress does.
I believe that is why a TV has writers, to get around little problems like this, after all Sheldon had not broken his leg, and he used it.
Even if they wrote the broken leg into the show,why would Penny use the robot? Why would Sheldon even let her near the controls?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 07:21 PM   #49
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

For what reason wouold Penny do that? She doesn't have a broken leg, the actress does.
I believe that is why a TV has writers, to get around little problems like this, after all Sheldon had not broken his leg, and he used it.
Even if they wrote the broken leg into the show,why would Penny use the robot? Why would Sheldon even let her near the controls?
Yeah. It would seem way out of character. For both of them.
Old November 12 2010, 07:22 PM   #50
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

Too Much Fun wrote: View Post
I l[/I] twice in one episode. Sheldon quoting "Star Trek: First Contact" for dramatic effect and Leonard taking a shot at "Star Trek: Nemesis" elated me.
Same here.We're such geeks
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 08:09 PM   #51
Jax
Admiral

Best episode of the season, I loved it especially the Indy Jones gag at the end
Old November 12 2010, 08:31 PM   #52
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Ya, you gotta wonder how much they had to shell out for the Indy theme song.

Sheldon's da-da-da-da-h to Wheaton had me in stiches

"Where's a plantoon boat when you need one?"

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 09:46 PM   #53
Chris_Johnston
Captain

View Chris_Johnston's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Chris_Johnston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Johnston

^ Or a pontoon boat!
Old November 12 2010, 10:37 PM   #54
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The line for Indy brought back a few memories. My friends and I were often in such lines in the late 70s and early 80s. We were strong advocates of getting there early. ( sometimes the night before) and our girlfriends didn't always get why. Had to hurry them along at more than one dinner.

My sister was the one who turned me on to the show after saying the characters reminded her of me and my friends. If only I was half as smart as the Big Bang Theory characters.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old November 12 2010, 11:24 PM   #55
wamdue
Admiral

ok so lets try and be creative rather than stack up problems

Lets say that Penny has to leave down, to look after her parents or something, but misses the gang, so she talks Sheldon into setting it up so that she can operate the robot from where she is, that way she does not miss out on hanging out with the gang.

another idea, Penny is for some reason confinded to her apartment, and uses the robot to communcaite with the outside world.

As for why Sheldon would allow it, well it can be pitched as an experiment, of some kind.
Old November 12 2010, 11:44 PM   #56
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Lets say that Penny has to leave down, to look after her parents or something, but misses the gang, so she talks Sheldon into setting it up so that she can operate the robot from where she is, that way she does not miss out on hanging out with the gang.

another idea, Penny is for some reason confinded to her apartment, and uses the robot to communcaite with the outside world.

As for why Sheldon would allow it, well it can be pitched as an experiment, of some kind.
As Professor Zoom pointed out, it would run counter to what we know of Penny and Sheldon's characters. Penny can barely drive a car safely, so I doubt Sheldon would trust her with his robot. And Sheldon is not known for sharing or playing well with others.

Since the actress wasn't in the episodes filmed at the time of/after the accident, I think its safe to assume she wasn't avaiable for filming of any kind.
Old November 12 2010, 11:47 PM   #57
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

As Professor Zoom pointed out, it would run counter to what we know of Penny and Sheldon's characters. Penny can barely drive a car safely, so I doubt Sheldon would trust her with his robot. And Sheldon is not known for sharing or playing well with others.

Since the actress wasn't in the episodes filmed at the time of/after the accident, I think its safe to assume she wasn't avaiable for filming of any kind.
Yeah. It would make more sense, if, for example, she couldn't leave her apartment, for the gang to just come across the hall and "invade" her place. That would be more inline with the characters and still create a comedic conflict.

I feel like Penny would roll her eyes if offered the robot.
Old November 13 2010, 12:24 AM   #58
wamdue
Admiral

ok one final attempt before I give up completey

Lenord has a recurring dream, where Pennny is in Sheldons robot.
Old November 13 2010, 02:28 AM   #59
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Again, the actress would have to be available and able to film such scenes. And the scripts would have to be reworked to include it.
Old November 13 2010, 02:38 AM   #60
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

ok one final attempt before I give up completey

Lenord has a recurring dream, where Pennny is in Sheldons robot.
Even if the actress would have been available, most of the dreams don't last long on the show. So, reoccurring lengthy dreams would be an odd fit for the show.

Also, I feel like you're fixing a problem that wasn't really a big problem. It's not like they had to hide her pregnancy.