RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,692
Posts: 5,431,033
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 474
Newest member: 713brianp27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 4 2010, 12:19 AM   #466
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Producer Gale Anne Hurd says that the writing staff was not fired. In addition, she expects the series to return in October 2011 and that Darabont & Kirkman will start mapping out the second season early next year.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 02:45 AM   #467
Cutter John
Rear Admiral
 
Cutter John's Avatar
 
Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, just south of Seattle.
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Keep in mind though that us viewers have the advantage of having watched a dozen or more zombie films, so we have some idea on what to do and what not to do. These folks are on their own.
__________________
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 07:40 AM   #468
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Lost in Moria (Arlington, WA, USA)
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And Shane was seriously considering taking out Rick for a few seconds there. And the old guy wasn't fooled a bit.
I'm rather surprised Dale didn't say anything to Rick later about that.
I just watched that again. Dale looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I think most of us would react the same way and after thinking a minute, would say, "Naaah, he couldn't have been aiming at his partner (could he?)." That's why he didn't say anything.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 10:41 AM   #469
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

^^ Difficult subject to broach if you're not sure.

Temis the Red-Nosed Vorta wrote: View Post
Okay we have one nominee for Ideal Zombie Fortress: Castle in the Clouds. Any other nominations?
Ahhh, almost makes me wish for a Zombie Apocalypse.

Here's another option, assuming the zombies can't swim or walk on the bottom of the ocean: find a sizeable island that you can clear the zombies from.
Something like Palmyra Island would be very safe, and a comfortable place to live; but difficult to survive on without a means to resupply. Also, the Principality of Sealand would be a good bet. This is why I always wanted to see a Dawn Of The Dead anthology series; it would be cool to see how people all over the world are dealing with it.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Keep in mind though that us viewers have the advantage of having watched a dozen or more zombie films, so we have some idea on what to do and what not to do. These folks are on their own.
Yeah, apparently there have been no Zombie Apocalypse movies in this AU; maybe George Romero was never born.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 12:13 PM   #470
Aeon
Commander
 
Aeon's Avatar
 
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Aeon wrote: View Post
Presents Galore wrote: View Post
Loved seeing the sister wake up as a zombie.
It was eerie. Almost like watching someone being born. Very strange and also incredibly bittersweet.
That's an apt observation since she rose as a zombie on her birthday.
Stupid me! I didn't realize that! That actually makes the scene very poetic.
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 04:58 PM   #471
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
I just watched that again. Dale looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I think most of us would react the same way and after thinking a minute, would say, "Naaah, he couldn't have been aiming at his partner (could he?)." That's why he didn't say anything.
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

It also presents the single biggest change from the comics so far.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 07:31 PM   #472
Canadave
Vice Admiral
 
Canadave's Avatar
 
Location: Saint Catharines, ON
View Canadave's Twitter Profile
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Here's another option, assuming the zombies can't swim or walk on the bottom of the ocean: find a sizeable island that you can clear the zombies from.
Something like Palmyra Island would be very safe, and a comfortable place to live; but difficult to survive on without a means to resupply. Also, the Principality of Sealand would be a good bet. This is why I always wanted to see a Dawn Of The Dead anthology series; it would be cool to see how people all over the world are dealing with it.
I feel I need to plug World War Z once again here, because that's essentially what it is.
__________________
My blog!
Canadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 07:51 PM   #473
Galileo7
Fleet Captain
 
Galileo7's Avatar
 
Location: U.S.A.
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Canadave wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Here's another option, assuming the zombies can't swim or walk on the bottom of the ocean: find a sizeable island that you can clear the zombies from.
Something like Palmyra Island would be very safe, and a comfortable place to live; but difficult to survive on without a means to resupply. Also, the Principality of Sealand would be a good bet. This is why I always wanted to see a Dawn Of The Dead anthology series; it would be cool to see how people all over the world are dealing with it.
I feel I need to plug World War Z once again here, because that's essentially what it is.
Would a cruise ship or naval vessel filled with hundreds of zombie come near the island? The Dead Boat.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 08:04 PM   #474
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Lost in Moria (Arlington, WA, USA)
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
I just watched that again. Dale looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I think most of us would react the same way and after thinking a minute, would say, "Naaah, he couldn't have been aiming at his partner (could he?)." That's why he didn't say anything.
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

It also presents the single biggest change from the comics so far.
Was it this early?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 08:45 PM   #475
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Canadave wrote: View Post
I feel I need to plug World War Z once again here, because that's essentially what it is.
I didn't realize that. I'll put it on my list.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 08:59 PM   #476
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral
 
PsychoPere's Avatar
 
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
I just watched that again. Dale looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I think most of us would react the same way and after thinking a minute, would say, "Naaah, he couldn't have been aiming at his partner (could he?)." That's why he didn't say anything.
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.
It also presents the single biggest change from the comics so far.
Was it this early?
Yep, exactly the same timing in terms of issues vs episodes, because it occurred in issue five, which was the penultimate entry in the first six-issue arc.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 09:16 PM   #477
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Canadave wrote: View Post
I feel I need to plug World War Z once again here, because that's essentially what it is.
I didn't realize that. I'll put it on my list.
Terrific novel! Can't wait to see the movie version (even if I don't quite get how they're going to translate it onto the screen.)
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 04:28 AM   #478
McCoy
Commodore
 
McCoy's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

To those who have wondered why they don't just come out and call them "zombies", I recall one of the characters in the comic said that they felt kind of stupid using the word.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 04:30 AM   #479
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral
 
Temis the Vorta's Avatar
 
Location: Tatoinne
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

If I ever get into a zombie apocalypse situation, I'm gonna call them "Zach."
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2010, 05:15 AM   #480
Kimi3013
Captain
 
Kimi3013's Avatar
 
Location: Newcastle, England
Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

I think is was an issue in the 20s before someone said the 'Z' word. I remember it seeming out of place, for the way the setting is it felt off when they said it. The word 'Zombies' is kinda cheesy and doesn't fit. 'Walkers', 'Roamers' and 'Biters' are far better for the feel.
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frank darabont, horror, robert kirkman, the walking dead, twd, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.