Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 8 2011, 09:25 PM   #1231
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...e-canet-cannes

An interview with Marion Cotillard. Not much about TDKR but there is this little nugget:

she is to appear opposite Christian Bale in director Christopher Nolan's next comic strip outing, The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan, who worked with Cotillard on Inception, claims she will be playing a Bruce Wayne employee called Miranda Tate, but there is a growing suspicion that this might not be the whole truth. "My role is a secret, as is the whole project," Cotillard has said.
Back to the Tate = Talia rumour or is the French actress merely referring to the inevitable secrecy that accompanies a movie of this size?
Old May 9 2011, 01:58 AM   #1232
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Something cgi is going to be added into that hole.
That's what she said.
Old May 9 2011, 05:12 AM   #1233
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

@captaindemotion I like the idea that Tate could be Talia. It goes with Ra's "theatrics" philosophy.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2011, 08:27 AM   #1234
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ Bit of a re-hash of the first movie though, wouldn't it be? The Ducard-Ras twist (that sounds like a dance...)
Old May 9 2011, 08:40 AM   #1235
Aragorn
Admiral

Rachel actually survived the explosion, required a lot of plastic surgery that made her look like a completely different person, and now she's going by the name Miranda Tate with the intent to get revenge on Bruce?
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2011, 09:46 AM   #1236
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I have to address this whole 'Miranda Tate being Talia al Ghul would be a rehash of Batman Begins, and therefore shouldn't be done' idea here (I addressed it elsewhere, but don't think I brought it up here yet): even entertaining it, IMO, is extremely disrespectful to and dismissive of Nolan's talent as a filmmaker and storyteller. He's diverse enough in his storytelling style that, even if he does re-use/reprise a theme or plot device, the chances of him doing it the same way the second time as he did it the first time are extremely low.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2011, 12:25 PM   #1237
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ I tend to agree with this, although I understand why fans have taken the line of thinking in the first place. It's all about the execution of the story to me and Nolan has more than proved capable of that

Old May 9 2011, 12:50 PM   #1238
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I do think that there will be more to Ms Tate than meets the eye (or at least meets the description we have to date). It's hard to imagine that Nolan has cast an Oscar-winning actress just to play such a minor role (her role in Inception was small but significant), especially when he already has Anne Hathaway in the movie as Catwoman,
Old May 9 2011, 04:09 PM   #1239
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
I have to address this whole 'Miranda Tate being Talia al Ghul would be a rehash of Batman Begins, and therefore shouldn't be done' idea here (I addressed it elsewhere, but don't think I brought it up here yet): even entertaining it, IMO, is extremely disrespectful to and dismissive of Nolan's talent as a filmmaker and storyteller. He's diverse enough in his storytelling style that, even if he does re-use/reprise a theme or plot device, the chances of him doing it the same way the second time as he did it the first time are extremely low.
Yes, but we are talking about a comic book movie. Automatically thinking the filmmakers are lazy/stupid/hacks goes with the territory regardless of past success!
Old May 9 2011, 04:12 PM   #1240
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Maybe thats just how the League of Shadows roll. Real life spies do it every day. Infiltrate with a different identity. So her actually being Talia to exact revenge does not seem like a rehash to me.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2011, 02:12 AM   #1241
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Some interesting Bane speculation from earlier in the day.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Has-B...led-24609.html

I'm getting the feeling that the Nolans and Goyer have read that Ra's/Bane story.

Old May 10 2011, 02:29 AM   #1242
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The date of change should be July 31st, 1981. The next day is 1-1-1 of the new era

The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2011, 06:57 AM   #1243
JD
Admiral

According to IGN there have been two different stories about the scene being filmed in the set photos.
First, The Times of India reported the following (again, this is a MAJOR SPOILER IF TRUE): "[Director Christopher] Nolan and [Christian] Bale had arrived in India on May 4 and had shot for The Dark Knight Rises in front of and inside Jodhpur's Mehrangarh Fort on May 6 and 7. Accompanying Bale on this India trip was Josh Pence, the actor who was digitally superimposed with Armie Hammer's visage to portray one half of the Winklevoss twins in David Fincher's The Social Network. Pence was recently cast as young Ra's Al Ghul and is one of Batman's greatest enemies. Incidentally, a green screen was created just outside the Fort. Nolan shot in front of the green screen and used the Fort as the backdrop. Sources say that this backdrop of the Fort has been used to establish that Batman is in an exotic location which is isolated too. However, this backdrop isn't meant to be shown as India in the film. Back in the UK studios, this 30 ft x 30 ft green screen will be digitally modified to create the Lazarus Pit. For those not in the loop, a Lazarus Pit is used by Ra's Al Ghul for gaining restorative powers. Scenes of Bale being carried into the pit and then jumping out of it were also canned. A couple of locals were cast as extras in the scenes that were shot in India."
However, the Official The Dark Knight Rises Community claims the scene didn't involve a Lazarus Pit at all (the group is apparently run by Mehul Gohil, the fan who tweeted the set photos): "Eyewitnesses and crew members told us of a particular scene being filmed, where a bald-headed child wearing ragged clothes emerges from the well and pulls his hood over his head. From the conversations, we reckon this is a young Bane, emerging from a vat of Venom, trained by Pence's Ra's al Ghul. The years of addiction to Venom builds him to be a massive monster with amped up senses, intelligence and physical prowess."
Given the general tone of the movies, I'm thinking the second is more likely, but at the same time, I wouldn't put it past Nolan to throw us a curve ball and actually include the Lazarus Pit.
Old May 10 2011, 07:09 AM   #1244
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ Yeah the article I posted above covers this.

Old May 10 2011, 12:12 PM   #1245
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

^ I'm going with option 2 as well.