RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,248
Posts: 5,348,521
Members: 24,612
Currently online: 686
Newest member: NeckbeardKnight

TrekToday headlines

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 31 2012, 02:52 PM   #3451
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey Falls
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
Well I think casting Hathaway was a good move. Can you imagine Kristen Stewart in the role?
I'd prefer not to.
I really don't understand why Kristen Stewart is in anything at all.

Her agent must have the Force or something.
__________________
"In the future... do I make it?"
"No."
Set Harth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2012, 04:13 PM   #3452
Agent Richard07
Admiral
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I can't think of anyone who would have been ideal for Catwoman, but Eva Green might have been nice.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2012, 05:56 PM   #3453
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Harvey wrote: View Post
"The biggest one anyone's done since the silent era."

Well, let's not establish unrealistic expectations or anything.
Yeah I never understood that. Does "one" actually mean "film"? What does it mean.

i think the film may be pretty good, as in a sufficient wrap up to the story. but lets not forget how close TDK's narrative got to totally unspooling right before our eyes. It's only because of the strong themes in the story that people overlook the impossibility of the joker doing almost anything he actually did. let's not forget the the conflict at the warehouse at the end between batman and Two Face was sloppily written and executed and only the last minute (when batman decided to take the fall and go on the motorcycle) did it feel like it was cohering at all. Let's not forget that the film has some of the clumsiest exposition delivery I've ever seen in a film.

Want proof: "With no word from the Batman, even as they mourn Commissioner Loeb, these cops have to be wondering if the joker will make good on his threat to kill the mayor.'

That's one sentence, a poorly written sentence and doesn't resemble any news item I've ever heard. It's sole purpose was to cram as much exposition into the scene as Nolan could so the viewer won't be lost. we never know exactly who the five people are that Dent supposedly killed. We never know what happened at the party after Rachel fell. There is so much in the narrative that is lacking.. it's like we simply touch it, like a house of cards, and it falls apart. I really doubt that the new film will be significantly better in terms of flow.
Not to get into a "What was wrong with the dark knight?" topic
but I still scratch my head at HOW Bruce figured out Harvey was in danger at the party.


All of a sudden he just puts Harvey in a sleeper hold.

How did he know about Loeb and the judge being killed? Nolan claims he never has deleted scenes but I think there was one.

Bruce probably listened to partygoers answering their phones about two killings

And then there's part where Joker just leaves after Batman goes out of the window.
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2012, 06:36 PM   #3454
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Harvey wrote: View Post
"The biggest one anyone's done since the silent era."

Well, let's not establish unrealistic expectations or anything.
Yeah I never understood that. Does "one" actually mean "film"? What does it mean.

i think the film may be pretty good, as in a sufficient wrap up to the story. but lets not forget how close TDK's narrative got to totally unspooling right before our eyes. It's only because of the strong themes in the story that people overlook the impossibility of the joker doing almost anything he actually did. let's not forget the the conflict at the warehouse at the end between batman and Two Face was sloppily written and executed and only the last minute (when batman decided to take the fall and go on the motorcycle) did it feel like it was cohering at all. Let's not forget that the film has some of the clumsiest exposition delivery I've ever seen in a film.

Want proof: "With no word from the Batman, even as they mourn Commissioner Loeb, these cops have to be wondering if the joker will make good on his threat to kill the mayor.'

That's one sentence, a poorly written sentence and doesn't resemble any news item I've ever heard. It's sole purpose was to cram as much exposition into the scene as Nolan could so the viewer won't be lost. we never know exactly who the five people are that Dent supposedly killed. We never know what happened at the party after Rachel fell. There is so much in the narrative that is lacking.. it's like we simply touch it, like a house of cards, and it falls apart. I really doubt that the new film will be significantly better in terms of flow.
Not to get into a "What was wrong with the dark knight?" topic
but I still scratch my head at HOW Bruce figured out Harvey was in danger at the party.


All of a sudden he just puts Harvey in a sleeper hold.

How did he know about Loeb and the judge being killed? Nolan claims he never has deleted scenes but I think there was one.
He didn't have to know about the Loeb and the Judge being killed but Dent being a prime target was a logical decision.

After all he's the new hotshot D.A who's hellbent on wiping out organised crime in Gotham so which hoodlum wouldn't want him gone?

Plus Wayne knew how important Dent was to the city and wasn't going to take any chances.
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2012, 06:41 PM   #3455
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Marc wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Yeah I never understood that. Does "one" actually mean "film"? What does it mean.

i think the film may be pretty good, as in a sufficient wrap up to the story. but lets not forget how close TDK's narrative got to totally unspooling right before our eyes. It's only because of the strong themes in the story that people overlook the impossibility of the joker doing almost anything he actually did. let's not forget the the conflict at the warehouse at the end between batman and Two Face was sloppily written and executed and only the last minute (when batman decided to take the fall and go on the motorcycle) did it feel like it was cohering at all. Let's not forget that the film has some of the clumsiest exposition delivery I've ever seen in a film.

Want proof: "With no word from the Batman, even as they mourn Commissioner Loeb, these cops have to be wondering if the joker will make good on his threat to kill the mayor.'

That's one sentence, a poorly written sentence and doesn't resemble any news item I've ever heard. It's sole purpose was to cram as much exposition into the scene as Nolan could so the viewer won't be lost. we never know exactly who the five people are that Dent supposedly killed. We never know what happened at the party after Rachel fell. There is so much in the narrative that is lacking.. it's like we simply touch it, like a house of cards, and it falls apart. I really doubt that the new film will be significantly better in terms of flow.
Not to get into a "What was wrong with the dark knight?" topic
but I still scratch my head at HOW Bruce figured out Harvey was in danger at the party.


All of a sudden he just puts Harvey in a sleeper hold.

How did he know about Loeb and the judge being killed? Nolan claims he never has deleted scenes but I think there was one.
He didn't have to know about the Loeb and the Judge being killed but Dent being a prime target was a logical decision.

After all he's the new hotshot D.A who's hellbent on wiping out organised crime in Gotham so which hoodlum wouldn't want him gone?

Plus Wayne knew how important Dent was to the city and wasn't going to take any chances.
That's all quite logical, buut Wayne certainly acted like he was responded to a specific threat at a specific time.

It reminds me of the problem in attack of the Clones. some tried to kill Padme in the first scene of the film.

Next scene; Jedi and security people are called to stop future assassinations.

Problem: while they know her life is in danger and a murderer could make another attempt at any time, the screenplay, and the way the characters are acting makes on believe that they have reasons to believe that this specific night was somehow the night that this attempt had to happen. sure, it could have happened that night regardless, but in both films, the characters behave as if a specific time/person is going to do something specific at a specific occasion.
__________________
Can't we have pills and cook the corn?
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 12:42 AM   #3456
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

WB was kind enough to make me a character poster for the film. After all, my character is probably one of the most hotly anticipated new characters in the film.

__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 03:23 AM   #3457
Avalon
Captain
 
Avalon's Avatar
 
Location: Avalon
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
WB was kind enough to make me a character poster for the film. After all, my character is probably one of the most hotly anticipated new characters in the film.

I think you'll make a great Riddler, Mr. Tennant.



ETA: JA, I was going to make an innocent joke about your Batman underwear, but there was absolutely no way to mention them without major Inappropriate Implications due to the word behind your head...)
__________________
Ancient Reed Rager
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 03:45 AM   #3458
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
WB was kind enough to make me a character poster for the film. After all, my character is probably one of the most hotly anticipated new characters in the film.

Dayam if that's really a pic of you, you look really HAWT in that poster

Nolan should be honored by your attention
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 03:47 AM   #3459
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station



Can I come in? I forgot my umbrella.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 04:34 AM   #3460
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I just got to work today to find we'd gotten a big shipment of new toys over the two days I was off, and we now have a bunch of TDKR toys. So if anyone shops at Wal-Mart and was interested in TDKR toys you might want to check your store.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 05:04 AM   #3461
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

James Franco's going to be in "The Dark Knight Rises"?

Seriously that's what the picture looks like.
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2012, 06:08 PM   #3462
Gecko of Gorn
Commodore
 
Gecko of Gorn's Avatar
 
Location: Gecko of Gorn
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station



If you had better forearms and wrists, you'd make a good Robin.
Gecko of Gorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 02:35 AM   #3463
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I can't think of anyone who would have been ideal for Catwoman, but Eva Green might have been nice.
Olivia Wilde. Stana Katic.

Angelina Jolie 10 years ago. Gina Gershon circa Bound and Face/Off.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 08:15 AM   #3464
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

I always envisioned Rachel Weisz as Catwoman. I think Eva Green would have been more fitting for Talia.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2012, 08:17 AM   #3465
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

^ Took the words right out of my mouth my friend I've envisioned Rachel as Selina ever since first reading "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" (especially the latter).
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, christopher nolan, the dark knight rises

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.