Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 16 2012, 12:04 AM   #3046
GemHaters
Captain

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Mage wrote: View Post
GemHaters wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post

That would be the same Anne Hathaway who shared the screen with Ledger in Brokeback Mountain? Who held her own opposite Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada? Who got an Oscar nomination for Rachel Getting Married? Who hosted the Oscars last year? Who got a Golden Globe nomination for Love and Other Drugs? And a British Independent Film Award for Becoming Jane?

Yes. Clearly famous only for taking her clothes off.

Oh and Ledger was only an Oscar winning actor after he'd been in TDK, not before. So at this stage, yes, Anne's career is comparable to his, as is the carping of fanboys this time round.
First off, fuck you, I'm not a fanboy.

Second off, held her own in The Devil Wears Prada??? A chickflick....Okay then, I didn't realize that we were now giving credit to movies that only morons watch....

And since when did hosting the Oscars mean anything? Seriously, I am so damned sick of you Anne Hathaway apologists. She cannot act and is going to slaughter the role of Catwoman. Get over it.

Seriously, child, get your act together. You are acting (and lashing out) like a 10 year old. The only one here needing to get over anything is you and your overreacting to what is only a movie. Slaughtering a role? You act as if it's the end of the world, what with all the fuss you're making about it.
Now, you're using quite some foul language here, so I think it's about time you either acted like an adult, or find some other place to vent your frustrations, but let's try and leave the mouth at the door, ok?
I'm sorry, I thought I was talking to Batman fans. Clearly I was mistaken...
GemHaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 12:06 AM   #3047
Mage
Fleet Captain

Second off, held her own in The Devil Wears Prada??? A chickflick....Okay then, I didn't realize that we were now giving credit to movies that only morons watch....

And since when did hosting the Oscars mean anything? Seriously, I am so damned sick of you Anne Hathaway apologists. She cannot act and is going to slaughter the role of Catwoman. Get over it.

Seriously, child, get your act together. You are acting (and lashing out) like a 10 year old. The only one here needing to get over anything is you and your overreacting to what is only a movie. Slaughtering a role? You act as if it's the end of the world, what with all the fuss you're making about it.
Now, you're using quite some foul language here, so I think it's about time you either acted like an adult, or find some other place to vent your frustrations, but let's try and leave the mouth at the door, ok?
Oh no, you ARE talking to Batman fans. However, most of the fans here are capable of a normal, adult conversation/discussion. Sure, every now and then it gets derailed a bit, but then after a little while things turn back to normal and we talk. Like adults. You should try it sometime.
Old January 16 2012, 12:07 AM   #3048
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

Second off, held her own in The Devil Wears Prada??? A chickflick....Okay then, I didn't realize that we were now giving credit to movies that only morons watch...
Well now, it didn't have to be a great movie in order to be more interesting fare for grownups than most of the sf/fantasy released that year - which it was.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 12:13 AM   #3049
GemHaters
Captain

Oh no, you ARE talking to Batman fans. However, most of the fans here are capable of a normal, adult conversation/discussion. Sure, every now and then it gets derailed a bit, but then after a little while things turn back to normal and we talk. Like adults. You should try it sometime.
I apologize, I'm going through a really rough time right now....Forget everything I said...
Old January 16 2012, 12:15 AM   #3050
Neroon
Mod of balance

Yep. That's an infraction for flaming. If you want to discuss the matter, please contact me via the private message facility
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 12:28 AM   #3051
GemHaters
Captain

Neroon wrote: View Post

Yep. That's an infraction for flaming. If you want to discuss the matter, please contact me via the private message facility
Would you kindly tell me how to do that..I'm not familiar with this message board...
Old January 16 2012, 12:33 AM   #3052
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Would you kindly tell me how to do that..I'm not familiar with this message board...
Click on the username at the top of the post, a drop down menu will appear, the second selection will be to PM the User

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 12:34 AM   #3053
GemHaters
Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Click on the username at the top of the post, a drop down menu will appear, the second selection will be to PM the User
Uhm, no?
Old January 16 2012, 12:38 AM   #3054
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I think you're still new enough that you don't have the PM option yet.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 12:38 AM   #3055
Jetfire

Level 2
Requires: 14 days and 28 posts
Benefits: avatar allowed, private messaging (100 messages storage), can use FireFox 2/Internet Explorer 7 integrated search.

http://www.trekbbs.com/faq.php
GemHaters is probably still at Level 1 and can't PM yet.

[edit] Damn ninja'd by archeryguy1701.
Old January 16 2012, 12:40 AM   #3056
GemHaters
Captain

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
This is true...

And I love your avatar...Jack O'Neill FTW!!
Old January 16 2012, 12:47 AM   #3057
GemHaters
Captain

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Second off, held her own in The Devil Wears Prada??? A chickflick....Okay then, I didn't realize that we were now giving credit to movies that only morons watch...
Well now, it didn't have to be a great movie in order to be more interesting fare for grownups than most of the sf/fantasy released that year - which it was.
Mr.Legion, I'm sorry to ask a completely off-topic question here, but is your avatar supposed to be negative or positive?
Old January 16 2012, 01:40 AM   #3058
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

^
Come to TNZ and find out.
Old January 16 2012, 01:50 AM   #3059
Neroon
Mod of balance

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
My bad. Yes, you are right about that.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2012, 04:44 AM   #3060
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I'm playing The Riddler.
I'm Riddler! And so is my wife!

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Oh and Ledger was only an Oscar winning actor after he'd been in TDK, not before.
Yeah, and, lets be honest here, he only won it because he died. A cynical outlook, perhaps, but this is the Academy we are talking about here.