TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 5 2010, 12:09 AM   #256
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

Batman-News.Com has confirmed that The Dark Knight Rises will officially commence principal photography in New Orleans starting April 2011.

My source tells me that right now Warner Bros. is in the pre-production phase, scoping out locations, trying to figure out how to make the city appear “larger” than it actually is. Specifically, the Warehouse District has been contacted as a possible candidate for location filming. It’s unclear what this means for Chicago and the UK, though I suspect they’ll be back to those locations as well.
I'm assuming this means New Orleans will double as portions of Gotham, meaning we'll see yet another side of Gotham in the film.
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2010, 12:37 AM   #257
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
I've never cared much for the Riddler as a villain. So not using him is ok with me. I'm not sure which Bat villain i'd like to see though.
The Penguin would be perfect for this movie series. And I mean the real Penguin who has just a dapper, bit odd-looking, crime-boss. Given the organized crime undertones this movie series has already set-up the Penguin would be a perfect pick as a Mob Kingpin. None of that "mutated freak who lives in the sewer with actual penguins" bullshit Burton made up.
Old November 5 2010, 12:53 AM   #258
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yes I assumed that we'd be seeing a different part of Gotham with the additional location. Interesting.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2010, 01:52 AM   #259
Buck Rogers
Captain

Buck Rogers wrote: View Post
Hi all this is what I said on Screenrant

"Of what I've read here,but didn't Chris Bale say that if Robin was introduced early in the third film that he wouldn't resume the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
However the idea combining traits of characters is fine with me in the Nolan-verse style of film making would work.
Here's my take on Robin/Dick Grayson where as Batman and Robin,Batman Forever stayed true to the comic book,but Dick was already a twenty something adult male that came from a circus background,but what we weren't treated to was the progression from Orphan/Ward to Batman's Partner in crime-fighting to fit Nolan's universe Dick Grayson would have to be raised in a orphanage that is one of the charities that Bruce endorses have Jason Todd's or Tim Drake's knowledge of computers since he would be home schooled in the technology that exists in Nolan's universe,but keep in mind he's orphaned at age 14 after he too witnesses his parents being killed in a circus accident,and that traumatizes young Dick two years ago,and hence being in an orphanage .
Dick is natural fighter having learned boxing at the orphanage is out one night to go to a movie spots Bruce leaving an event to go to his Lamborghini and since he's in his civilian guise is confronted along with his date by a robber,and cannot reveal that he's Batman by taking on the robber.
Enter Dick Grayson wearing a yellow windbreaker,and red sweater with green denim jeans ,who has a slingshot comes out of the shadows fires the rock to disarm the robber,and saves Bruce by punching the robber out cold.
Bruce turns to his savior and asks for the young man's name and Dick tells him,and leaves the scene. without telling him about the orphanage.
The very next day Bruce is researching orphanages and other records trying to find Dick or Richard Grayson living in Gotham City.The film progress with Bruce eventually finding out,and making Dick his ward,and getting him settled at first a public school,but that fails,and has to have him in a private school in a coed environment,and lives with Bruce at the newly renovated Wayne estate.
Not until the end of the film does Dick tells Bruce of his tragedy of losing his parents,and living in the orphanage,then pretends to go up to bed,and instead follows Bruce to the library where Bruce does the piano code activates the door leading to lift basket taking him to the Bat cave where he is spotted by Dick suiting up to become Batman.
Bruce then does a swearing ceremony with Dick to not tell his secret Id,and when he returns from his patrol he'll set up training".

How's that for good plot device.

Let me know OK.
Signed
Buck Rogers
Did anybody read my concept on Dick Grayson/Robin

Signed

Buck Rogers
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2010, 04:46 PM   #260
Nowhere Man
Commodore

^ I'm not a Robin fan, but that could work. I think Alfred would have to convince Bruce that he may need some help. We saw in TDK the helper vigilantes, he wasen't to keen on that. I think Batman needs to be in over his head and even Gordon and Fox can't help him because of his outlaw status. Robin could bring him out of his slump. I just hope that if they do give us Robin, they give him a nice costume. I think it should be the traditional red, green and yellow, but cool looking. The one he had in Batman Forever, the Red suit was ok, but it needs to be better. Also, lose the gayness. There needs to be a real reason why Robin is needed. How you introduce him is fine though.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 02:36 AM   #261
Buck Rogers
Captain

HunterB5446,

Thanks for the complement your thought on a red,green,and yellow armored suit could work in a Nolan-Verse third film made out of Batman Begins spare nomex suit,but with lighter weight ceramic armored plates in strategic places the cape could be made from the same memory fabric as the Bat cape,but dyed yellow or golden in color the boots, codpiece,and gloves could be green,and TDK style gauntlets as well as the rest of suit could be not a dark red as in B&R,but much lighter in color. Other items such as Robin's utility belt its the same design,but with Robinesque weaponry such as sling shot, Robin-rangs, grappling gun the mask is part of a half-hood style that contains communications,night vision lenses, HUD,a collapsible oxygen mask,and eye seals like a jet fighter pilot something fox and Alfred collaborated on after Bruce is sprayed with the fear toxin in Batman Begins off screen towards the end the film. hopefully the bat suit will show that innovation in the first few minutes of the third film.
What do you think of my ideas so far?
Signed
Buck Rogers
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 02:42 AM   #262
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I think I would have a red, green, and yellow armored suit for Dick based on Tim Drake's last Robin design.

Old November 12 2010, 02:44 AM   #263
T'Baio
Admiral

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
Also, apparently, the title was a compromise between WB and Nolan.
I think somebody called that earlier.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 02:51 AM   #264
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I wonder what Nolan wanted to originally call it if one assumes that Warner Bros forced the "Rises" part on him.

Old November 12 2010, 02:57 AM   #265
Christopher
Writer

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I wonder what Nolan wanted to originally call it if one assumes that Warner Bros forced the "Rises" part on him.
No, what WB wanted was for it to have The Dark Knight in it, for marketing reasons that should be self-evident.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 03:18 AM   #266
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Ah, indeed it does.

Old November 12 2010, 03:22 AM   #267
Jetfire

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really do think he wanted to call it "The Batman" a title I approve of.
Old November 12 2010, 03:30 AM   #268
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ That sounds good to me, especially if this movie is about Bruce fully embracing his role as Batman without any clutter or distractions.

Old November 12 2010, 04:12 AM   #269
Skywalker
Admiral

Meh, I don't really think it's a big deal either way. The title never actually appeared in Batman Begins or The Dark Knight, and I don't expect the title to appear in The Dark Knight Rises, either.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2010, 04:31 AM   #270
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Actually it does but at the credits. I think the same for "The Dark Knight".