Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old October 27 2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Captain59
Fleet Captain

Enterprise in both Star Trek universes

I still think it's bitchin' that Enterprise is the only series that is completely intact in both Star Trek universes.

R.I.P. Kellie Waymire
Captain59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2010, 02:47 PM   #2
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Enterprise in both Star Trek universes

It is amusing.

Although I dismiss all those "it looks too advanced" complaints that crop up as the rubbish they are, Enterprise certainly does look the part as a prequel to STXI. I loved how the Kelvin crew wore a stylized halfway between the ENT and TOS uniforms.

Even the Romulan stuff from season four looks vaguely similar to Narada, mostly black and with all the exposed pipes and cables.
Old October 27 2010, 02:48 PM   #3
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Well, the NX-01 engine room is certainly more advanced than the NuCC-1701 brewery.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2010, 02:58 PM   #4
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Well, the NX-01 engine room is certainly more advanced than the NuCC-1701 brewery.
Not really - ENT had a big vat/warp core in the middle of the room with catwalks around. STXI had several, bigger vats in a much larger area and more catwalks. As we saw at the end, the vats contained the warp cores, just without the glowing "windows" the ENT one had.
Old October 27 2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Captain59 wrote: View Post
I still think it's bitchin' that Enterprise is the only series that is completely intact in both Star Trek universes.
Yep, that's still a great little STFU for the haters.
Old October 27 2010, 11:35 PM   #6
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Yep, that's still a great little STFU for the haters.
Eh, not really. We just shrug and say "Uh...okay." and keep watching the other shows (which I say as someone who doesn't hate ENT for canon violation or anything stupid like that, it's just...not my favorite).
Old October 28 2010, 12:52 AM   #7
Mach5
Rear Admiral

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
which I say as someone who doesn't hate ENT for canon violation or anything stupid like that, it's just...not my favorite
Hating and not favoring are two very different things. Voyager is my least favorite Trek, and I still very much like it.
Old October 28 2010, 01:51 AM   #8
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile

I have to side with you on this one. I think JJA was totally wrong to use a Budweiser Brewery Plant for the engine room of the NCC-1701 (just to save money). I thought it looked awful even before I found out it was a brewery. I also thought the old power plant for the Kelvin was "out there:" as well. I did think the bridge of the Kelvin was pretty awesome.
Old October 28 2010, 02:18 AM   #9
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Middleman wrote: View Post
I have to side with you on this one. I think JJA was totally wrong to use a Budweiser Brewery Plant for the engine room of the NCC-1701 (just to save money). I thought it looked awful even before I found out it was a brewery. I also thought the old power plant for the Kelvin was "out there:" as well. I did think the bridge of the Kelvin was pretty awesome.
The Budweiser engine room looks like shit, and it looks even shittier compared to the original designs made by Ryan Church.

Old October 28 2010, 11:23 AM   #10
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

I wholeheartedly agree.

Enterprise: Cannon in two universes.
6079SmithW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

I think ENT is intact only up until the resolution of the Temporal Cold War; THAT'S where the divergence from the mainline Trek universe into JJTrek happens, not when Nero shows up.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 04:36 AM   #12
LS650
Ensign

"Enterprise: Cannon in two universes"

Does that warp 5 reactor run on gunpowder..?
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 06:01 AM   #13
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Middleman wrote: View Post
The Budweiser engine room looks like shit, and it looks even shittier compared to the original designs made by Ryan Church.

Abrams didn't do it to save money. He did it because someone higher up wanted to render the engine room as all CGI, and JJ Abrams is a very tactile filmmaker. When the honcho wouldn't let him build a practical set, he hired out the brewery.

A smart executive would let Abrams build his practical engine room set for the next film.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 06:11 AM   #14
I am Surak
Captain

I am afraid that the young people the Abrams Trek caters to do not give a darn about the engine room.....
I am Surak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 08:49 AM   #15
Admiral Shran
Admiral

It's about the only thing I like about the Abrams-verse.