Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 30 2010, 09:34 PM   #31
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile
Re: Fable 3

Has any of you noticed if you keep making money even while you're not playing, like it was in Fable II?
Old October 30 2010, 09:44 PM   #32
Mr Light
Admiral

I haven't earned enough to buy any property yet so I dunno yet.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2010, 10:24 PM   #33
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I think I've read that they took that offline feature out because people would just change their system clock to make money. But I've heard that making money is so trivial anyway that it doesn't matter too much.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 04:58 AM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

So I've reached the main city I forget the name, Bowerstone? This game has Gnomes to find instead of Gargoyles. That was one of my favorite parts of the last game, finding those things as they make insults at you and laugh. Nice to see that returning, albeit in different form.

Old October 31 2010, 10:01 PM   #35
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

All hail the King of Albion!
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2010, 03:07 AM   #36
Mr Light
Admiral

Wow this game is going to be shorter than I thought it would be. I've already been the Queen for awhile now.

WARNING! When you're on the mission about getting to the docks, don't get on the boat unless you're done doing sidequests and making money. Because that initiates a long uninterrupted chain of missions that ends with you as Queen and only 365 days to raise a boatload of cash!

However it seems like that clock freezes at a certain point, because I got to the point where I'm supposed to do a mission in the foreign land but I've been running around doing side stuff and the day never changed.

So I'm playing as a total paragon, and wow it just puts you in total debt. Thank god the clock has stopped or I'd be screwed. I'm basically wasting time, running up the clock to buy all property everywhere to make a vast amount of rent, since I have to personally bankroll the invasion defense since the kingdom is bankrupt because I kept all my promises.

This is a very unique experience for me. I usually get a game about six months after it comes out, so I have a lengthy free online guideline to tell me what to do and where all the hidden stuff is. But since I bought this on release day I'm flying completely blind. The missions themselves are very straightforward but god knows where all the hidden stuff is!

Old November 1 2010, 12:00 PM   #37
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

I'm taking it slowly, exploring everywhere, knocking gnomes out, helping clueless peeps...

Sorry to not be able to make that easy money thanks to the offline feature, but it's ok, I'm making enough in rent for now and I'll keep expanding as I go.
Old November 1 2010, 12:47 PM   #38
Mr Light
Admiral

I've been doing all available side-quests except for the dark side stuff (kill this person) and I still got this far this fast. I'm not wandering around looking for Gnomes I'm just hitting them if I stumble across them.

I really despise the single character fetch quests. I go through all that effort, run through all those loading screens, and all I get is a single Guild seal? Seems like a colossal waste of time.

Oh and I haven't been doing marriage/kids because that sounds frightfully boring. Didn't do it in the last game either. Also, I don't want my character running around pregnant for half the game

Old November 1 2010, 03:54 PM   #39
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
So I'm playing as a total paragon, and wow it just puts you in total debt. Thank god the clock has stopped or I'd be screwed.
Man, no kidding. I turned the factory into a school, rebuilt the Old Quarter, and rebuilt Aurora City, and now Albion is deeply in debt. It'd be even worse, I'm sure, if I hadn't left the tax rate at the same Logan had it and if I had increased the guards in Bowerstone beyond Logan's numbers.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Oh and I haven't been doing marriage/kids because that sounds frightfully boring. Didn't do it in the last game either. Also, I don't want my character running around pregnant for half the game
My King married one of the female servants in the Castle. First time they had sex, she got pregnant. As I walk around the Castle, I can still her cleaning up, etc. as if she's a servant and not a Queen now, which is a bit disappointing. I wish the game could reflect her change in status.
Old November 1 2010, 05:32 PM   #40
Mr Light
Admiral

I did ALL the good guy choices and my treasury is thousands of dollars in debt and everyone is projected to die But I'm buying up all the property so my allowance keeps getting huger and huger, so at the very end when I own everything and earn buckets of money, I'll dump it all into the royal treasury for the invasion. That's sound strategy, right?

Anybody know much the clock advances when you go on the foreign mission as monarch?

Old November 1 2010, 09:43 PM   #41
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

Ok, I have a question, I am now in Bowerstone Industrial, I'm supposed to be following Sir Walter around, and I hear this gnome, so I follow the voice, and sure enough I find it on a wall, but... I can't shoot it! In fact I cannot smash barrels, I can't use any of my weapons at all. Is this normal or is it a bug?

Old November 1 2010, 09:50 PM   #42
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Mr Light: Not sure, because I haven't done that mission yet. Since we have 365 days from coronation to prepare, I'd imagine - but this is just a guess - that the foreign excursion will be counted in terms of how many days pass (day cycle, night cycle, etc.) while you're there.

Niorah: There have been a few occasions in which I haven't been able to pull out any weapons, typically in times like that where I'm supposed to be following someone and combat isn't involved. You'll have to retrace your steps to that location once you're adventuring on your own again. I don't think it's a bug.
Old November 1 2010, 09:53 PM   #43
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

^ Darn, I was afraid it'd be the case. Thanks for telling me. I'll make sure to go back to that area.
Old November 2 2010, 12:08 AM   #44
Mr Light
Admiral

Niroah same thing happened to me. You'll have to remember that location and go back to shoot it after wards, because at that moment you're stuck in story mode without violence.

Old November 2 2010, 04:38 AM   #45
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Mr Light: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the amount of money you can earn for the treasury by selling the Auroran diamond, if you haven't finished that quest yet. Also if you haven't, I went from 339 days left to 294 once that mission was completed.