Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 28 2011, 03:39 PM   #1471
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Minecraft

Maybe I should do that.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2011, 10:16 PM   #1472
judge alba
senior street judge

found a village on the server and a few caves. kind of spooky though with no people
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2011, 05:38 PM   #1473
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

9.2 Pre release is up, with tons of new features.

http://bit.ly/qJt7jd

Now to go over to the MC forum and see what the kids start bitching about this time.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; September 30 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2011, 06:09 PM   #1474
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

I really hate the black fog thing. Was that nerfed in 1.9?

Cindy's big underground shrine looks like shit now because you can't even see the ceiling, thanks to the black fog.
Old September 30 2011, 01:02 AM   #1475
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I just downloaded 1.9pre2 and am now derping around in a new Creative world. It looks like they've added a lot of potential ingredients for some kind of alchemy system, including ghast tears, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes, magma cream and blaze powder. Also, the Golden Apple's inventory icon has a purple sparkly effect, and there's a ton more music discs.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2011, 01:05 AM   #1476
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

The black fog thing was kinda nerfed. If you have a shaft of sunlight (or moonlight) reaching down to the bottom layer then visibility is normal within 15 or so blocks. Otherwise it's the same as 1.8.
Old September 30 2011, 01:41 AM   #1477
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Darn, thats what I was afraid of with Cindy's place. I mentioned it to her. She just sighed and figured she'll think of something.
See, thats another potential use for the giant lamp I suggested previously. Something to counter the damned black fog. While I admit its a cool effect in natural caves, it sucks if you're a deep builder.

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
I just downloaded 1.9pre2 and am now derping around in a new Creative world. It looks like they've added a lot of potential ingredients for some kind of alchemy system, including ghast tears, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes, magma cream and blaze powder. Also, the Golden Apple's inventory icon has a purple sparkly effect, and there's a ton more music discs.

Lucky bastard. I've never even seen an Apple in the game, much less a golden one.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old September 30 2011, 01:44 AM   #1478
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

He's in creative mode, you can just call up what you want there.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2011, 02:06 AM   #1479
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Hoser wrote: View Post
He's in creative mode, you can just call up what you want there.
Gotcha. Never tried Creative mode to be honest. Seems a bit too easy.
But really, I think apples are about the only item I have never once seen in a survival game.
Old September 30 2011, 02:19 AM   #1480
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Creative mode is good for testing out any new game concepts or items quickly. After downloading pre 2 the first thing I did was start a new creative world, plonked down a jukebox and listened to all the new music, all without having to spend months searching for them in dungeons. I'd never actually play it long-term though.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Darn, thats what I was afraid of with Cindy's place. I mentioned it to her. She just sighed and figured she'll think of something.
What I'd do is put a single shaft of light from the surface down into the centre of the shrine. That way it would be dark when you enter, but as you approach the centre the darkness would magically dissipate and reveal how massive the cavern is. It would be an impressive effect, especially for anyone that hasn't been there before.
Old September 30 2011, 04:07 AM   #1481
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Creative mode is good for just goofing off, and especially playing with complicated redstone circuits and building large creations just for the hell of it. It's a lot more fun to build a large frivolous contraption when you don't have to dig for hours to get all the prerequisite materials, and also worry about managing your hunger bar and being sure to go to sleep before anything nasty spawns in and murders you.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 08:59 PM   #1482
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Awww babies!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...s-advancement/
Old October 4 2011, 01:59 AM   #1483
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

I have to admit, outside of the performance issues, I'm really loving what they've done so far. I spent a good half hour just exploring a real ocean, not the ponds we had earlier, then rode upriver for even longer. The biomes make some sort of sense now, there's more of them, and now villages that I'm constantly on the lookout for.

Side note: Anyone else seen the black wolf?
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2011, 07:30 PM   #1484
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

*sigh* Now theres a Pre-Release 3, with lots of new alchemy items, and baby animals. Also a mysterious pool of strange black stuff on the ground (Quick, throw Cmdr Riker into it!)

I wish they'd just release 1.9 already!
Old October 6 2011, 07:39 PM   #1485
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

I like that they're doing the pre-releases now, instead of dumping an unfinished mess out there as a "production" release.

And there should be one more pre-release for 1.9, then the real deal. As far as I understand it, they planned to do four pre-releases, then do only bugfixes to get 1.9 out. After that, obviously, they start working on 1.10.