Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 28 2011, 02:18 AM   #1081
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Oh, that. Well, it never really bothered me much. I figured it was just the way the world worked.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2011, 02:24 AM   #1082
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I'm all in favor of them taking hacks people have done (such as the hack to stack fences) and replace them with something less annoying. Just like they replaced boosters with real powered rails.
Old June 28 2011, 03:47 AM   #1083
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

I own the game, and I need to get back, though I am sure I would have a lot to relearn as I played in the Alpha. But I started up the world and I ended up with a nice spot to have a good starting place before exploring off and building great things.
Old June 28 2011, 11:29 AM   #1084
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Welcome back! I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised by all the added features.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; June 29 2011 at 02:12 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2011, 03:21 PM   #1085
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
I own the game, and I need to get back, though I am sure I would have a lot to relearn as I played in the Alpha.
In all honesty, the game hasn't changed much since the alpha stage. New things have been added such as wolves, weather and powered rail, but the basic mechanics and objectives are still the same. However, it seems like all that is going to change with 1.8:

Already implemented are new complex terrain features, at least one new mob, some interesting new combat mechanics, a new lighting engine, and some experimental new gameplay ideas. To come is more interesting farming, bigger incentives to explore, and npc villages.
From Notch's blog

Still no word on a release date.
Old June 29 2011, 11:58 PM   #1086
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I was wondering if there'd be any intrest in a weekend Creeper Hunt on the server.

Basically I'd set up a crate for everyone who want sto participate. Our fearless leader would turn on creepers from Fri to Sun, and competitors would leave the gunpowder they'd collected in their crate. On Monday, I'd total them up, and the top 3 winners would get a choice of say, 8 Diamonds, 20 Gold, or a stack of Iron.

Naturally I'd get to keep the gunpowder for blowing up my mountain.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; June 30 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old June 30 2011, 12:56 AM   #1087
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Real pros go ghast hunting
Old June 30 2011, 12:56 AM   #1088
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I'm cool with this. Here's hoping the creepers don't cause too much damage.
Old June 30 2011, 12:59 AM   #1089
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Quite possibly the greatest mod ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2clZ...&feature=feedu
Old June 30 2011, 02:48 PM   #1090
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I think in some states it's still illegal to wear a rabbit on your head. Or maybe it was a duck. Can't remember...
Old June 30 2011, 03:07 PM   #1091
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Well I started it on up, Did they increase the depth of Rock since Alpha? as it seems like it took FOREVER to drive a shaft to bedrock. I also assume that 10 blocks above bedrock is still a "Sweet spot" for mining?

Yesterday I played some, leveled off one area that will be used as something (Perhaps a rail depot) then I found a outcropping that was ideal, leveled off, and built a house (In the Micheal Bay style, out by the sea, with large windows, and not much furniture) Also have my mine (Mine #001, Claudia Black Mine (I name mines after attractive girls)) Which consists of my first home base, then a long stairwell down to 10+ above bedrock, and smoothed out a little chamber, but hardcore mining has not commenced. Did a little exploring, and I really like some of the areas for future projects, as I have some flat areas for townbuilding and so on, and then also a good rock face for a underground city. forgot how additive this game is.
Old June 30 2011, 03:28 PM   #1092
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

1.7 is out! And it's bugged!

Pistons pushing against water, redstone, torches, snow, leaves and some other blocks not only crashes the game, but corrupts the save. Right clicking on a sheep also crashes the game.

Yup, I'm waiting for 1.7.6.

Old June 30 2011, 03:42 PM   #1093
Robert Maxwell
beep

Wow, that's fucking lovely.
Old June 30 2011, 03:47 PM   #1094
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Well, 1.7_01 is out and that not only fixes the bugs, but it also makes the corrupted worlds loadable again, according to Notch. Still, I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a 1.7_02 before the end of the day.
Old June 30 2011, 03:54 PM   #1095
Robert Maxwell
beep

I'm not about to take Notch's word for anything. I'll wait a couple days, minimum.