A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 1 2011, 12:55 AM   #976
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Ok, now I'm P'd off. Just installed the latest update and now I can't even get to the menu. Black screen. :/ It actually broke Minecraft for me. This is 1.6.6.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2011, 01:02 AM   #977
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

Odd. 1.6.6 works perfectly fine on both of my machines.
And the drop increase on lightstone is awesome.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2011, 01:04 AM   #978
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

1.6.6 is working with a few minor issues for me. For one, animals are spawning much less frequently--I had to play for a good half an hour before I saw even a solitary cow. Collision detection when riding carts has also been screwed up. I get hurt when rounding corners where the tunnel is only one block wide. This is fine since I'm on peaceful mode, but it's going to be really irksome once I turn monsters back on soon.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2011, 01:23 AM   #979
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Ahh ok, it worked after I deleted the texture packs from my folder, otherwise it wouldn't start at all. Darn :/ Looks like I'll be using the default for awhile until the versions stabilize.
Old June 1 2011, 02:14 AM   #980
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Oh dear lord. This is the third time this week I've had to reinstall all my textures. This better be the last #$%@! update til 1.7!

"Removed Herobrine" NOOOOOO! WHY NOTCH? WHYYYYY?! *sniff* How could a loving God let this happen?! *sobs*

Oh. Sorry.

I e-mailed the list of new updates to Cindy. She'll be thrilled about the glowstone. Not to mention the bonemeal/grass thing. We had lunch today and she was complaining that the new change made wheat seed a lot harder to get.

Robert - The animal spawn may not be a new thing. There've been a couple of ocassions even during 1.5 when I decided to walk cross-country to harvest wool, and aside from a lone cow or pig, couldn't find a single animal spawn (ask Smooth or Cindy, they there listening to me bitch about it the last time ). So fluctuations in the spawning may be a normal part of the game.

Anyway, I'm donning my flameproof armor and wading into the Minecraft Forum to check the nerd rage levels. Wish me luck.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; June 1 2011 at 02:25 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2011, 02:45 AM   #981
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

And of course, my problems were due to not having patched the game using MCPatch. Yeah, duh! After I realized that, I kicked myself.
Old June 1 2011, 02:47 AM   #982
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Sorry, gotta say it.

"D'OH!!!"

No mass flame son the forum, so I guess we're good.

Oooh and it turns out we can use the bonemeal trick to bring tallgrass to our pre-existing world! Thanks Notch!

You can call me Johnny Grassseed from now on.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; June 1 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old June 1 2011, 03:35 AM   #983
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
1.6.6 is working with a few minor issues for me. For one, animals are spawning much less frequently--I had to play for a good half an hour before I saw even a solitary cow.
That could have something to do with the new animal spawning rules, the ones designed to stop them spawning around torches at night. I can't say that I've noticed fewer animals about, but I haven't gone searching for any either.

Collision detection when riding carts has also been screwed up. I get hurt when rounding corners where the tunnel is only one block wide.
I haven't experienced this either, but that's because my rail line doesn't touch any corners as they seem to impact the cart's momentum.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Oh dear lord. This is the third time this week I've had to reinstall all my textures. This better be the last #$%@! update til 1.7!
I have some bad news for you. Someone realised that clay is screwed up in 1.6 and that it can only spawn where the x and z coordinates are the same, which makes the conditions for an already rare resource almost impossible to fulfil. Notch is toying with the idea of releasing 1.6.7 tomorrow to fix that one issue, otherwise it wont be fixed for a long time.

Anyway, I'm donning my flameproof armor and wading into the Minecraft Forum to check the nerd rage levels. Wish me luck.
Good luck! I went there the other day to download a texture-pack and found the most childish dispute I've ever seen on the internet. That site is like an internet version of The Lord of the Flies, but with no hope of rescue.
Old June 1 2011, 03:37 AM   #984
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I only use the forum to look up mods and textures and stuff, never to discuss with people. Do not toy with the Minecraft trolls!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2011, 03:08 PM   #985
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

It's amusing though. Besides there's some neat discussion in the mod suggestion thread (on the odd chance the thread hasn't already been trollthrashed).
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2011, 07:29 PM   #986
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Has anyone experienced seeing less spiders since 1.6.6? On Robert's server, I haven't been able to find any spiders at all.
Old June 3 2011, 02:54 AM   #987
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

It finally happened!

I finally had an excuse to build a jukebox. Now I just need to find a green one.
Old June 3 2011, 04:05 AM   #988
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

This is truly awesome. Mindboggling how much work went into this:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...bler-released/
Old June 3 2011, 06:17 AM   #989
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I actually thought a Herobrine function in the game would be pretty interesting, especially if it wasn't officially announced by Notch until Herobrine had left a few craters and mysterious Aztec-style ruins on your map.

Oooooo. Multiple competing Herobrines on a map.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2011, 07:32 AM   #990
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

AHHH! Creepers sighted on the server! No spiders though.

Ben - Lucky! I only ever found one record in a dungeon. Not even sure where it is anymore. Wish I could do that 'skelton kills a creeper-get record' trick.

Owain - I wouldn't even know where to start on a thing like that. Now if they could create a cpu that would let MC run itself...

Itsnotlogical - Or the ultra rare "Herobrine was Here." block.