Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 12 2011, 03:48 PM   #886
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: Minecraft

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Note that buried redstone torches will only power the track directly above, and not adjacent tracks as would be the case if the torch was placed level with the track.
Seems to be working so far. I guess powered tracks transmit power to adjacent tracks.

And congratulations. You know have your very own station. Feel free to name it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; May 12 2011 at 03:58 PM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2011, 07:12 PM   #887
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Thanks for the help guys, gonna check out the cell shaded pack and maybe a couple others.

EDIT: Although I do like the idea of editing different packs together, should look into how to do that properly.

Last edited by Rowan Sjet; May 12 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Rowan Sjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2011, 08:37 PM   #888
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Could someone fill me in on what the aftermath of a forest fire looks like? I logged into my singleplayer map and theres a large section of at the base of my mountain thats been defoliated, save for a few stumps and single wood/leaf blocks floating in midair. I figure its either a glitch, or I've been wildfired.

Rowan - Its not hard at all. If you have a program like Photoshop or Gimp that can handle transparent images, then you should be golden. Just cut and paste the various squares into place, save it as an interlaced PNG file and you're golden.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old May 12 2011, 08:42 PM   #889
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

^ Yeah, that sounds like it's a forest fire, but it's odd for you to notice upon login to single player. Usually I just come across them while out wandering, due to surface lava.
Old May 13 2011, 02:16 AM   #890
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

Definitely forest fire, I still have a large glowing plain that looks similar to that.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2011, 08:01 AM   #891
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Thankfully trees are easy to replant.

Been doing more track research. Seems I can skip burying torches altogether and just lay down a Detector rail on either side of the powered track.
Old May 13 2011, 08:19 PM   #892
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I'm going to have to put a door on that lodge in the Frontier so that people can have a place to stay at when the mobs are turned back on. With luck, we could even have the rail system right by it.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2011, 03:59 AM   #893
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Hopefully. I could sure use some help laying down the track, tunnelling through monutains, etc. I just had a look at the world map and how far there is left to go.

We're definately going to need emergency shelters along the walking path though.
Old May 14 2011, 05:09 AM   #894
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I might take up the task of making the shelters then.
Old May 14 2011, 09:06 PM   #895
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Ok, this is weird. I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but I've got a hybrid tree. It's got regular wood blocks and birch blocks as part of the tree. Didn't plant any birch trees recently either, and it can't be from an existing tree since I got Robert to burn down my forest to begin anew.
Old May 15 2011, 09:20 PM   #896
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Yeah... strange things happen when you move too far from your spawn point shortly after the world begins generating.

It's not in the pic, but there's some exposed coal too. This piece of stone is completely exposed, and as far as I can tell there aren't any tunnels or holes in it. I found it while the world was still not-quite-generated, so I'm thinking it's some kind of bizarre error. I haven't started digging in it yet, so I don't know how prevalent other materials are in it.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2011, 12:01 AM   #897
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I have a few areas like that in my world. I like them, they remind me of The Burren (which is where much of Father Ted's location shooting was done).
Old May 16 2011, 12:28 AM   #898
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I've seen somethign similar in the Gargamel seeds I play on, and the server uses. Large areas of bare stone, and blocks of iron on cliff faces right at the waterline of various ocean areas.
Old May 16 2011, 01:14 AM   #899
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell

Yeah, the Gargamel seed is epic. Exposed rock everywhere! And large desert biomes.
Old May 16 2011, 01:27 AM   #900
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

^ And they use the same seed in South America, too: