Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old May 22 2012, 03:49 PM   #1861
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

It appears that some sort of currency and trading system is being introduced. It has been a long time coming, but the Testificates will finally have a purpose.
Old May 22 2012, 04:05 PM   #1862
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

Neat! I wonder if they've learned much from the various economy systems developed by the Bukkit community while working on this.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2012, 12:13 AM   #1863
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Judging by the way Mojang have implemented mods in the past, I imagine this will be bare-bones compared to the various currency mods that exist right now. It will be interesting to see how they'll adapt to work with the new "official" currency in the game, and whether trading between players in regular SMP will come to rely on this currency rather than barter/gold and diamonds.
Old May 24 2012, 06:19 AM   #1864
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2012, 02:03 PM   #1865
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

Last night, we built a pit out in the desert, lined it with TNT, then filled it with a couple hundred slimes. It lagged the server so much we all got booted off, and when we came back all the slimes had despawned.

Enraged, I saw Kestra walking along the top of the TNT, so I /exploded her and set off all of it. Made an enormous crater.

Old May 24 2012, 10:16 PM   #1866
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Wow, lot of cool new stuff in the new snapshot in addition to trading. Boobytrapped lootable pyramids and desert villages, Golden Apples now use gold blocks but are way more useful, dispensers can now actually dispense water and lava source blocks, and lots more. But most interesting to me are the new Enderchests. Imagine taking one of these chests down to a cave, you can store all your best loot inside and never worry about losing any of it to swimming in lava again.

Example vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_852600
Old May 24 2012, 11:26 PM   #1867
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Haha, loved hearing what happened, Robert. You should see what we did with the TNT you gave us. Xan built a little house on Kes' island and filled the basement with TNT, and the aftermath is north of her village. Huge hole that goes right down to the bottom. It's incredible.

Last edited by Owain Taggart; May 25 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2012, 12:32 AM   #1868
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I'm hoping that the new pyramid temple thing will bring with it a new mob: Mummies. They could come from spawners that generate with the temple, much like blazes only spawn from spawners in nether fortresses. Also, loot chests need to have more valuable items than just iron, gold and whatnot, they should have a chance of containing enchanted items and potions.

Lindley wrote: View Post
Ack, that reminds me of the week or so I spent playing on a public server back in alpha. Every day I'd log in to find my house griefed in an inventive new way.
Old May 25 2012, 06:28 AM   #1869
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Wait what, pyramids? Hope that doesn't make my pyramid that I made on the server obsolete. Ohhhh, Ender Chests could be really handy. Sort of like a mail system! Post Office, here we come!
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2012, 07:01 AM   #1870
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Lindley wrote: View Post
This is the funniest thing I've seen on the interwebs in months.
Old May 25 2012, 09:12 AM   #1871
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Haha, loved hearing what happened, Robert. You should see what we did with the TNT you gave us. Xan built a little house on Kes' island and filled the basement with TNT, and the aftermath is north of her village. Huge hole that goes right down to the bottom. It's incredible.
I posted some images on the server forum. I also posted a topic about a giant sheep pen we made. It's all coloured wool and open to everyone. Warp is listed on the other forum as well. Just don't kill the sheep!

We ended up making the outer wall because skellies were showing up and killing off our sheep.

Also I wish I didn't care about people on the server because I totally am a griefer at heart.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2012, 10:55 AM   #1872
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Ahhh! The admins a griefer!

Aww don't worry Ben. I'm sure we could use a Sphinx to go with the pyramid.

Oh dear, guess I bette rnot post any of those 'Top Ten ways to grief your friends' videos while Kes is around.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2012, 02:22 PM   #1873
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

I was trying to think of what we could use Ender Chests for on the server, given that there is only one Ender Chest for the entire server (not one per player, as would be ideal.)

Post office is a neat idea. Would also be cool to have one as, say, a portable Public Works. People would donate stuff into it, and you can use whatever you need--just be nice and try to put stuff back later.

Although it's likely the mod community will come up with some variations on this for servers. I'll have to keep an eye out!
Old May 25 2012, 04:30 PM   #1874
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

If you try the snapshot, be sure to back up all your worlds. Seems its corrupting a lot of peoples maps.

Yeah, the Enderchest's will probably be more useful in solo games. But aside from mini PW setups, it'll make doing trades between players a lot easier. Just both of you stand next to a chest and pop your trade items in.

Oh liquid dispensers. Can finally make me some traps.

Also apparently Emeralds are found inside the larger mountains.

Here's a video of all the new features. Looks like you're safe Owain. Its only small pyramid/temples. Be careful of this part of the vid though, as it spoils a temple surprise.

The trading system looks like fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMf_nTbNDQ

Oh, theres a 'b' version of the update now. It changes the menu system in Creative mode, and Emerald ore is now green.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; May 25 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2012, 04:33 PM   #1875
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

I'm glad that villagers will finally have a reason to exist, other than being fodder for zombie attacks.