Shatner Starts New Website
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Rumor Mill: Star Trek III Title
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Siddig: Getting And Playing The Role Of Martell
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Mulgrew: Why Born With Teeth
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old October 26 2010, 08:33 PM   #76
Dark Gilligan
Writer

Re: "Blood & Chrome" to move forward

vampgrrl wrote: View Post
Interesting choice of name. I wonder if Beka Kelly will be connected to Galactica's future Captain Kelly.
Old October 26 2010, 09:05 PM   #77
Harvey
Admiral

^^
Hopefully not. There's no reason for the characters to be related, and I'd rather avoid BSG being even further afflicted by "small universe syndrome."

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old October 26 2010, 11:12 PM   #78
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

A few tie-ins (Tigh-ins?) would be fun, and could really underscore important elements of the franchise, but I tend to agree with Harvey: the fewer the better.
Old October 26 2010, 11:23 PM   #79
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I love the title "Blood and Chrome" very visual

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old October 27 2010, 06:42 PM   #80
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Brent's Brains wrote: View Post
I love the title "Blood and Chrome" very visual
might get a few words from Starz though.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Old October 28 2010, 12:31 AM   #81
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

I'll tell you one thing, I really hope Sci-Fi (I refuse to call it by its other name) gives Blood and Chrome a 13-episode season instead of a 20 episode one.

1) BSG was a better show when they only did 13 episodes a season. 20 episodes leads to useless filler and sloppiness in the storyline.

2) A 13 episode season would avoid the month-long layoffs between seasons. I think Caprica would have been cancelled even with a shorter season but the six-month layoff did absolutely nothing to help them. 13 episodes would allow them to run the season straight through.
Old October 28 2010, 12:37 AM   #82
Candlelight
Admiral

The Cylon war begins 52 years before the fall of the colonies, and lasts 12 years.

Only six years after Caprica's first season.

I think it's safe to say we have plenty of action to be had within that time.
Old October 28 2010, 01:32 AM   #83
Candlelight
Admiral

Wait, sorry, just saw this blurb:

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20’s and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet… the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.
So we'd have 3-4 years of war left if they don't dick with the timeline too much.

I wonder how many Battlestars will be around at that stage.

Oh and that puts Galactica at roughly 43-44 years old at the time of the fall of the 12 colonies.
Old October 28 2010, 05:46 AM   #84
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Candlefright wrote: View Post
Wait, sorry, just saw this blurb:

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20’s and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet… the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.
So we'd have 3-4 years of war left if they don't dick with the timeline too much.

I wonder how many Battlestars will be around at that stage.

Oh and that puts Galactica at roughly 43-44 years old at the time of the fall of the 12 colonies.
No, you were right the first time; B&C will have 2 years of in-universe time in which to tell its story.
Old October 28 2010, 06:36 PM   #85
SiddFinch1
Captain

Is Willie Adama from Caprica the same as William Adama in BSG and now B&C?

I thought i heard/read somewhere that due to him being older,(11 or 12?) he is too old to be the young pilot to be seen in B&C. The thought was that he dies off and Joe and new wife have another kid also named William who is the one who becomes EJO.

Thoughts?
Old October 28 2010, 07:22 PM   #86
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

^ My only thought would be "ridiculous." Caprica's William Adama is Blood and Chrome's William Adama is Battlestar Galactica's William Adama.
Old October 28 2010, 08:59 PM   #87
Aragorn
Admiral

If you really want to get nitpicky about age, "older" Willie could always have a serious accident or condition that requires him to be put into stasis for a few years.
Old October 28 2010, 09:10 PM   #88
Harvey
Admiral

They have stasis technology? That seems a little more advanced than any of the medicine seen in the BSG universe thus far.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Old October 28 2010, 10:33 PM   #89
David cgc
Vice Admiral

SiddFinch1 wrote: View Post
Is Willie Adama from Caprica the same as William Adama in BSG and now B&C?

I thought i heard/read somewhere that due to him being older,(11 or 12?) he is too old to be the young pilot to be seen in B&C. The thought was that he dies off and Joe and new wife have another kid also named William who is the one who becomes EJO.

Thoughts?
Well, it depends. In the original treatment, where Caprica took place 52 years before the Fall, and Willie Adams was eight, everything was fine with the ages assumed by BSG. When it was actually filmed, they cast a bigger kid, so Willie became twelve, and they remembered 52 years was the start of the war, so the Cylons would've had to have been around for a bit before then, so they move the pilot back six years, making Willie Adama ten years older than you'd expect.

They're moving Joe and Evelyn's relationship along fairly quickly in the show, but even if he knocked her up today with William Adama III, then he'd be two to three years younger than he should be. "Blood and Chrome" takes place 42 years before the miniseries, meaning that BSG-aged Adama would be 18 years old when he was first deployed to the Galactica as a freshly-minted ensign, Caprica-aged Adama would be 28(!), and our hypothetical replacement Adama would be 16(!!!).

Yeah, pulling a stasis machine out of their asses might be the best solution to sync up everything.
Old October 29 2010, 01:38 AM   #90
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine

Bring back the hottie from Razor for sure. *drool*