Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode:
Superman! (Excellent) 8 25.81%
The Red-Blue Blur (Good) 12 38.71%
The Blur (Average) 6 19.35%
Kal (Bad) 4 12.90%
Superdouchemope (Terrible) 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 25 2010, 01:27 AM   #286
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Re: Smallville 10x05 "Isis" - Discussion and Spoilers

Has Clark actually done anything as "The Blur" since the first episode of the season? They set up that new outfit and he never really been in action in it once. Its the same with their "team". They sure like to talk about things they barely even show.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2010, 01:29 AM   #287
Lt. Trull
Fleet Captain

The Blur wrote: View Post
^
Yeah the powers that be in Smallville can ruin a character better than anyone.
not just smallville.... cw in general... did you see what the writers did in supernatural....
Lt. Trull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2010, 01:34 AM   #288
Jetfire

^
No...after last season...I was done.
Old October 25 2010, 01:45 AM   #289
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
"Smallville" has no large mainstream audience following like it's predecessor did and no one gives a damn because they've taken so long to get to this point lol.
Agreed. In fact I am sure that will be the case when finally Clark finally wears the suit as well. I sometimes wonder how much the producers understand this? They probably only monitor fansites, like Kryptonsite, which of course are very invested in what happens. But outside that core audience.... not much. On any of these so-called payoffs.
Old October 25 2010, 01:52 AM   #290
Jetfire

^
I think TPTB look at a bias fan base...Clois shippers and the like...people who think Erica Durance walks on water...etc.
Old October 25 2010, 02:14 AM   #291
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I was never a fan of Erica. Or Tom Welling for that matter. Though I think they have matured some as actors over the years.

Of course its hard to know how much to blame them when they had such awful writing to work with.

I never had much invested interest in this show. So the worship of Erica Durance does not bother me for its slight of other members of the Smallville cast. No, it bothers me as a Superman fan because she is elevated above any of the other actresses who have played Lois Lane. Yet I have rarely found her cartoony, overacting suited for anything else than a SNL Superman sketch.
Old October 25 2010, 02:25 AM   #292
Jetfire

I don't think any Lois has embodied the character from the comics...then again the character has changed over many generations. I really don't look at Erica's Lois and compare it to the comics or another version...I look at the way the writers have written her...a knock off of Chloe/Lana and then a complete loon...I am not sure what they are thinking(Smallville writers). S'ville's Lois isn't interesting at all and they keep putting her at the center of every episode. I enjoyed Erica as Lois early on...because she wasn't forced in like she is now. Sorry for the rant.
Old October 25 2010, 02:31 AM   #293
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

The shippers seem to be the bulk of fans that actually get their share of what they want and for the most part the rest of us who actually want character development and good stories are ignored. We get filtered a few myth and DCU herrings here and there but ultimately the writers seem to love the relationship/soap opera stuff, which is why Lindsay Hartley will no doubt fit right in! LOL

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2010, 02:37 AM   #294
Jetfire

If I ever win the freakin' lotto jackpot...I would love to do a complete fan reimagining of Smallville...an actually get it right!

I would produce a series and release it freely online as a fan project.

[edit] I mean 10 seasons should have played out...4 Seasons in HS...4 Seasons in college & 2 Seasons in Metropolis...and Lois wouldn't be fully introduced until the 8th season...And Clark would become Superman by end of S7... beginning of S8.

Last edited by love like winter; October 25 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: drunkl
Old October 25 2010, 02:39 AM   #295
Othello
Commodore

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Okay, I'm obviously in the minority here, but I was really looking forward to this ep. I mean, it's "Isis"--from the old tv show and "52"--how cool is that? And they even threw in a Black Adam reference. And Lois looked great as Isis.

I also find Cat entertaining. Sure, she's an annoying twit. That's the whole point. She's fun comedy relief.

So what if it's "filler"? I've never subscribed to the modern idea that an ep is a waste of time if it doesn't advance some sort of arc plot. Sometimes standalone episodes are more satisfying than one that spends half its length setting up future developments, or that gets bogged down in a show's convoluted mythology. If an episode is fun and amusing, who care is nothing "important" happens?

My one complaint: you can't mention the "Green Arrow Girls" and not show them to us!
Two things.. One.. I was looking forward to it for the same reason.. old enough to remember the Isis show lol

and two.. you couldn't be more right about the green arrow girls comment lol
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2010, 03:05 AM   #296
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm still working on my alternate "Smallville" project, if all goes well and I don't have any further distractions I'll post it for you guys in the fan fic section around Christmas time. I was going to wait until May but why the hell not give you guys a Christmas present. It's a stripped down, character oriented version that focuses more on evolving the characters through plot than the freak of the week. Clark will have a season spanning character arc that gets resolved and moves him towards becoming Superman at the end of my fic. I've already given you guys a tease in the hiatus thread with my ending of Lex's character arc...we'll see if you guys like it.

Old October 25 2010, 03:10 AM   #297
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Too bad her hotness is off-set by her being an idiot.
Old October 25 2010, 03:13 AM   #298
Jetfire

Screecher4747 wrote: View Post
Too bad her hotness is off-set by her being an idiot.
Ok.
Old October 25 2010, 03:17 AM   #299
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Actually the more I think about it, Cat becomes less annoying with the Elizabeth Hasselbeck comparison, that's exactly who she reminds me off. Someone that has a blind, unyielding viewpoint and isn't willing to change it and refuses to see truth when it is told straight to her face (yes I might be generalizing Elizabeth a bit since I've only seen a handful of The View episodes).

By the way....I'm am officially claiming Tess as my own and am willing to fight off anyone else who disputes it!

Old October 25 2010, 03:19 AM   #300
Jetfire

I really love Cassidy Freeman/Tess...but I am more than willing to have Keri Lynn Pratt/Cat Grant.