Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old October 23 2010, 12:13 AM   #76
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to firecrackerrrr
Re: My Janeway costume

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Just because you can portray a realistic rendition of these characters, don't forget there is magnificent value in satirically inaccurate cosplaying. If you watched the Big Bang theory last night, where the fellah who owns the comic shop is talking about how his girlfriend puts on her plus-sized Wonder Woman outfit and beclhes that he has to come ride her invisible plane...

**shiver**

It has to be more fun to make the fan boys and fangirls wretch and vomit rather than swoon.

However if you want to be picture perfect there's always tactically applied padding to consider?

Besides the hardest thing about Seven is getting your hair to stay clipped back like that for the duration.
I'm a perfectionist. The big lips are the biggest issue and of course the hair. I was blonde up until a month ago but I'm back to red (my natural) and it'll stay that way for a while. Maybe when I decide to go back to blonde I'll give Seven a shot

And I totally watched that episode
Old October 23 2010, 12:17 AM   #77
Jetfire

@firecrackerrrr
You look great with any hair color.

I would love to wear a Superman suit...but it would require losing alot of pounds and toning up to not look ridiculous.
Old October 23 2010, 12:40 AM   #78
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

If we're gonna play "dress up firecrackerrrr", might I suggest Uma Thurman in Kill Bill? Yellow jumpsuit, blond hair, blood splatters, samurai sword - it would look great.
Old October 23 2010, 12:52 AM   #79
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

I could probably do the Superman thing, but I'd rather go as Daniel Jackson.
Old October 23 2010, 01:33 AM   #80
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
If we're gonna play "dress up firecrackerrrr", might I suggest Uma Thurman in Kill Bill? Yellow jumpsuit, blond hair, blood splatters, samurai sword - it would look great.
Weird....I just finished creating a character in Soul Calibur that's based on Uma in that yellow jumpsuit. I even based the character on Mitsurugi (the resident samurai dude in the game lol). Since it's one of my favourite movies I'll take that as an awesome compliment. brb making yellow jumpsuit for next halloween and gradually going back to blonde.
Old October 23 2010, 11:50 PM   #81
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

firecrackerrrr wrote: View Post
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Weird....I just finished creating a character in Soul Calibur that's based on Uma in that yellow jumpsuit. I even based the character on Mitsurugi (the resident samurai dude in the game lol). Since it's one of my favourite movies I'll take that as an awesome compliment. brb making yellow jumpsuit for next halloween and gradually going back to blonde.
If, in a year's time, you remember this and go with Kill Bill - send me a picture!
Old October 24 2010, 05:35 AM   #82
Jetfire

I hope the following doesn't offend you firecrackerrrr...

But you would make a great Lady Gaga. I say that after reviewing some of your Halloween pictures again.
Old October 24 2010, 06:59 PM   #83
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

The Blur wrote: View Post
I hope the following doesn't offend you firecrackerrrr...

But you would make a great Lady Gaga. I say that after reviewing some of your Halloween pictures again.
Oh of course not. I'll admit I couldn't stand Lady Gaga mostly because I'm not a huge fan of today's music (I listen to classic rock, classical, jazz and blues the most). Some of my favourite artists are David Bowie and Michael Jackson and I HATED the fact that she came off as such a copycat. But my girlfriend is a huge Gaga fan and she showed me some youtube videos where it's just her and her piano and I was quite impressed. Then I found out that she composes, writes her lyrics, produces, sings and plays piano live....which really shouldn't be something to go all "WOW" over, it should be expected of artists but unfortunately these days, it really isn't so in that sense I find it refreshing. I think that she often suffers from the 'foot in the mouth' disease though so I try not to know much about her.

Anyway, so in August I went to see her live with my girlfriend and I dressed for the occasion. I had the blonde hair back then so you could I suppose say that this was Gaga inspired? Though the lightning bolt is ALL Bowie (ala Aladdin Sane )

Oddly enough, after a couple of drinks prior to the show I decided to write free bitch on a random bra we found. My girlfriend wrote her number on there which I wasn't entirely amused by. And she actually got us VIP front row seats so we threw it on the stage at the end of the concert and Gaga herself picked it up. Which was hilarious considering I threw it and I never even listen to her unless my girlfriend is there

Old October 24 2010, 07:27 PM   #84
Jetfire

^
Great pics firecrackerrrr!

As far as music goes...I listen to Tori Amos...if not her then death metal, black metal & nu metal...I don't care for pop and there is only a handful of "new" songs I might listen to.
Old October 24 2010, 07:34 PM   #85
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

^
Great pics firecrackerrrr!

As far as music goes...I listen to Tori Amos...if not her then death metal, black metal & nu metal...I don't care for pop and there is only a handful of "new" songs I might listen to.
That's pretty much me. I like some metal and industrial rock as well. But when I'm all alone, give me Bowie, Zeppelin, MJ and Pink Floyd any day. )
Old October 24 2010, 07:40 PM   #86
Jetfire

^
You would have loved a concert I went to in the mid 90's...Nine In Nails & David Bowie. It was great...was weird hearing Bowie doing NIN song "Reptile"...I forgot which Bowie song Trent did...but it was awesome.
Old October 24 2010, 07:42 PM   #87
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

^
You would have loved a concert I went to in the mid 90's...Nine In Nails & David Bowie. It was great...was weird hearing Bowie doing NIN song "Reptile"...I forgot which Bowie song Trent did...but it was awesome.
Most likely "I'm Afraid of Americans" - and I'm incredibly jealous. I love NIN as well!
Old October 24 2010, 07:45 PM   #88
Jetfire

^
That was one...but NIN also did an old school Bowie song before the switch. I may have to look it up.

It was a strange crowd...alot of older Bowie fans & then alot of goth kids.
Old October 24 2010, 07:52 PM   #89
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

^
That was one...but NIN also did an old school Bowie song before the switch. I may have to look it up.

It was a strange crowd...alot of older Bowie fans & then alot of goth kids.
Oh I can imagine! I actually went to a Marilyn Manson concert ages ago (don't laugh, Manson wasn't THAT bad back in the Mechanical Animals days) but I was probably the most normal looking kid there. ://

The only other song I can think of is Scary Monsters. I know Trent sang that a few times.
Old October 24 2010, 07:57 PM   #90
Jetfire

^
Maybe...Manson isn't so bad. I haven't been to too many concerts...NIN/Bowie, Bush-No Doubt-Goo Goo Dolls, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica-KoRn-Kid Rock-Powerman 5000-System Of A Down. I have always been too busy or broke.

I would love to see Tori Amos in concert though.

[edit] Forgot...I saw Dope & Primer 55.