Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 15 2010, 05:48 AM   #16
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: The Incredible Hulk heading back to television

Wonder if this means that Hulk'll die in Avengers? Could that have factored into Norton's leaving? Because if Ruffalo's Hulk goes over well, why bet against even exploring a solo movie with him? And dueling continuities would be rather confusing, so maybe Hulk'll die on the big screen, leaving the series to do a whole other continuity?

Whedon certainly proved his willingness to off major characters in Serenity, after all... and what with Trek XI, everyone's talking up TWOK, but surely no one thinks Quinto's Spock is in any danger...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 05:49 AM   #17
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Bill Bixby? Hulk hate puny Bill Bixby!
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 05:54 AM   #18
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
As much as this makes sense, I'll probably not bother with it. There's no topping Bill Bixby and I honestly would spend too much time thinking "That's not how Bill would have done it."
We know how Bixby would do it, he'd say "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." and then get beat up and thrown behind a bar where he transforms into the Hulk.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 05:58 AM   #19
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
As much as this makes sense, I'll probably not bother with it. There's no topping Bill Bixby and I honestly would spend too much time thinking "That's not how Bill would have done it."
We know how Bixby would do it, he'd say "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." and then get beat up and thrown behind a bar where he transforms into the Hulk.
If you think that's the summation of Bixby's performance, then you weren't paying attention.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 06:23 AM   #20
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Gaith wrote: View Post
Wonder if this means that Hulk'll die in Avengers?
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 06:31 AM   #21
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Nah, no genuine spoilers for me, thanks.
Old October 15 2010, 06:37 AM   #22
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Nah, no genuine spoilers for me, thanks.
First Bourne, now...
Old October 15 2010, 08:35 AM   #23
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Eh? There'd be no possible way of avoiding knowledge of Damon's absence in Legacy, if that's what you mean... to me, "spoilers" implies something you could reasonably hope to miss so long as you don't read many reviews or watch trailers. I didn't see any Iron Man 2 trailers, for instance, so the suitcase suit was a total (if rather silly) surprise.
Old October 15 2010, 08:42 AM   #24
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Eh? There'd be no possible way of avoiding knowledge of Damon's absence in Legacy, if that's what you mean... to me, "spoilers" implies something you could reasonably hope to miss so long as you don't read many reviews or watch trailers. I didn't see any Iron Man 2 trailers, for instance, so the suitcase suit was a total (if rather silly) surprise.
I was referring to something else. Since you were right about what Universal is planning on doing with the Bourne franchise, and you say that the Hulk could die in The Avengers.... Do you see where I'm going with this?
Old October 15 2010, 10:05 AM   #25
Aragorn
Admiral

We all know Marvel will want to have a shocking and painful death that will cause ripples through the comic book world with such a beloved longtime character being killed off in The Avengers movie -- so Agent Coulson it is.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 12:36 PM   #26
Piper
Fleet Captain

As for Hulk on TV, huh, where did that come from? I kinda wish they'd work on getting one really good Hulk movie before moving to the small screen (I don't dislike either previous, but neither came close to being classics) but I'll still be fascinated to check it out. More Hulk is good Hulk
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 01:12 PM   #27
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Wonder if this means that Hulk'll die in Avengers? Could that have factored into Norton's leaving? Because if Ruffalo's Hulk goes over well, why bet against even exploring a solo movie with him? And dueling continuities would be rather confusing, so maybe Hulk'll die on the big screen, leaving the series to do a whole other continuity?
Ruffalo was talking recently about possibly starring in a Hulk solo film after The Avengers, so the Hulk clearly isn't set to die in the film - unless there are rewrites to change that.

Heat Vision reports that Cloak and Dagger is also in development as an ABC Family series. From Heat Vision:

Marvel began narrowing it list of possible TV adaptations in May with a presentation on the Disney lot. Executives presented ABC suits with a list of titles they identified as possible series:

• Heroes for Hire (focusing on ex-con Luke Cage offering to take on bad guys for a price);
• The Eternals (a race of superpowered beings live amid humanity in secret, inspiring legends);
• Agents of Atlas, Alter Ego (private investigator Jessica Jones takes on cases involving superhumans);
• Moon Knight, the Red Hood (a low-rent criminal discovers a cloak that gives him superpowers);
• Ka-Zar (a Tarzan-type and his saber-toothed tiger must journey to the concrete jungle to seek justice);
• Daughters of the Dragon (a dynamic female duo, one with a bionic arm and the other a granddaughter of a samurai, open a private-detective agency); and
• The Punisher (one man wages a war on crime; already adapted as two feature films).

Ironically, Cloak and Dagger wasn’t on the list. (Hulk was.) Although the focus appears to be on Hulk and Cloak and Dagger, Punisher also has been selected from the herd and is eyed as a cable play, but that is even further away. Marvel’s TV division wants to take things slow, according to insiders, focusing on one or two shows, making sure they are the best they can be and establishing a quality brand before moving forward.

Marvel is in the middle of establishing a shared universe with its movies (the pics and the characters form one big story), but it’s unknown whether the studio will undertake a similar path with TV. Also unknown is whether there would be a connection between the film world and TV world.
Old October 15 2010, 02:46 PM   #28
Christopher
Writer

I can see Luke Cage and Jessica Jones being good fits for television (as would the Punisher from a logistics and expense standpoint, though I'd never watch it), but the Hulk is an odd choice. Even the action in the Bixby/Ferrigno series, which was toned way, way down from the comics, was hugely expensive on a TV budget. And these days there'd be more of an expectation to see a CGI Hulk tossing tanks around, and it would either be damned expensive or damned cheesy-looking, or both.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 02:49 PM   #29
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Guillermo del Toro and David Eick will reportedly be pitching a take for the Hulk series.
Old October 15 2010, 03:13 PM   #30
FreezeC77
Commodore

So Marvel in May pitched the original Heroes for Hire (with Luke Cage) and then the reboot Heroes for Hire(with Misty & Colleen) and called it Daughters of the Dragon?

I think it could have made more sense to combine the two. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty, and Colleen would have been the regulars.

Jessica Jones could have been a recurring character as well as a source of information(as a reporter).
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote