Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 8 2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Supernatural 6x3 "The Third Man" spoilers/discussion thread

Just thought I'd start the thread before I have to run off to afternoon meetings. Hopefully I won't nearly get crushed to death by a semi on the interstate this week via a drunk driver driving home this week. That wasn't fun.

Have you seen the preview clip on the front page of supernatural.tv? It's excellent.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 12:30 AM   #2
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Re: Supernatural 6x3 "The Third Man" spoilers/discussion thread

At first I thought you were joking and refering to the season 1 finale; I'm sorry to hear what happened, but happy it didn't turn into a tragedy.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 02:15 AM   #3
Lt. Trull
Fleet Captain

ya gotta love it..... "he's right behind me isn't he!"
Lt. Trull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 02:20 AM   #4
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

We always knew Cas liked Dean better.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 02:29 AM   #5
Lt. Trull
Fleet Captain

Oh man... now he's forced to ride with dean.... poor car...
Lt. Trull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 02:33 AM   #6
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Hee. Cas using air quotes.

Mswood, I hope you don't miss this one. Two words--shirtless pullups. Guess who? Man, those boils and grasshoppers eating brains made me want to retch. Classic SPN.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old October 9 2010, 02:38 AM   #7
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Even I know that's a bad joke.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 02:39 AM   #8
mswood
Rear Admiral

So this week Jared shows off the bod. Well that should count as half a letter grade right there (I kid).

I am still both pleased (Brain) and pissed (lower Brain) that the show doesn't just have them talking their shirts off all the time.
Old October 9 2010, 02:44 AM   #9
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Tell Rafael to bite me. God, the comic timing on this show is classic. Sera and the writers really, really "get" the chemistry between the three leads. And that Padalecki is sex on legs when Sam isn't sweet.

Old October 9 2010, 03:02 AM   #10
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I loved that Cas is back and the introduction of the whole angel civil war after the Apocalypse that shows that not everything made peaceful and happy after Lucifer's downfall.

I think we're see the beginning of a whole new rift between Sam and Dean, only this time it seems to be about which of them is the stronger, effective hunter. But I hope this won't last the whole season like the S4 rift between Sam and Dean. Maybe half of the season at least.

I have this theory that Lucifer is still inside Sam but their time in the cage has led to Lucifer merging with Sam's personality which is the way he seems off at times. I don't why it would happen or how. But maybe it could have been some kind of deal struck between them made under desperate circumstances.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 03:23 AM   #11
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Yeah this pretty much cemented for me that a sixth season was a bad idea--for as uneven and meandering as the fifth season was it at least provided a decent ending. Here you really start to see they are dragging it out and it definitely has that "jump the shark" smell to it--I just don't see that the series has anything left to that needed to be said to justify another year--I don't see them crafting an interesting season long arc or showing any indication that they want to offer up some fresh plots or pave new interesting ground with the characters. Nothing is flat out "bad" it just doesn't have me looking forward to it each week like it used to do.

This was boring. I don't know what else to say. The recap again gave away the culprit before the episode even started. I don't like Sam this season. I'm tired of the brotherly melodrama. The supernatural plots still fail to wow. I'm not the least bit interested in the angel civil war surprisingly enough. I thought the whole Raphael climax was abrupt and anti-climatic. I usually love Misha but Castiel's appearance was so-so.

I really wanted to stick with the show until the end but I think I'm done since the "Coming Soon" promo didn't give me much hope. I normally avoid spoilers and trailers but I just needed something to give me reassurance I should keep watching but that didn't help.

A C-.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 03:31 AM   #12
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Startrekwatcher I couldn't disagree more. I thought season six was a terrible idea, but I was wrong. I'm totally intrigued by this smaller scale developing rift. Padalecki's fascinating when Sam's bad. I loved this episode. The use of Cas was outstanding. He killed Sam's shitty car. HA! Misha Collins was a godsend. Castiel's appearance was fantastic. I'm not certain we watched the same episode.

It doesn't feel like brotherly melodrama at all. It feels like anti-melodrama. Sam's utter coldness has me hooked. Whoever's directing Padalecki is right on target. What's wrong with him? That's the point more than any angel battle.

Old October 9 2010, 03:31 AM   #13
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

double post

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; October 9 2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old October 9 2010, 03:37 AM   #14
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Supernatural just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I totally understand others enjoying it but I haven't been crazy about it in the way I expect to be with a show that really resonates with me since Season 4. Season 5 barring a few episodes I could have missed and would have been alright with and while the first episode of this season gave me some hope these last 2 episodes have just left me totally indifferent. If I were to learn the show was canned right now I don't think I would be all that broken up about it.

The show has always been prone to fluctuations in quality but it seems like it has gotten progressively worse to the point where I've been fast forwarding through scenes that just dragged and to the point where I never know what to expect quality-wise most weeks.

I'm glad you enjoy it but I've lost all interest in it. For me it lost its way after season 4.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2010, 03:45 AM   #15
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

But it's found its way back. Mileage varies, of course. C'est la vie. Ben Edlund wrote this one. I KNEW IT.