RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 450
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM   #1
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Deadpool greenlit for 2016

Well, it looks like the power of the Internet and the fan reaction to the leaked Deadpool test footage has resulted in Fox green lighting a Deadpool movie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55630

I am currently at work, and therefore cannot get youtube on my computer here. However, if someone could post a link to that test footage that would be sweet. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM   #2
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Re: Deadpool greenlit for 2016

This movie has the potential to be so awesome. Let's just hope Fox does it right.

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
I am currently at work, and therefore cannot get youtube on my computer here. However, if someone could post a link to that test footage that would be sweet. Thanks.
Here ya go:

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM   #3
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

The test footage was great, and I think this has a lot of potential. But, hopefully they'll do it right. I can easily see this being a generic, watered down PG-13 action movie. It may be unrealistic, but an R-Rated deadpool would be awesome. Either way, I'm excited about the possibility of getting a Deadpool movie.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20 AM   #4
Nightowl1701
Commander

I can easily see this being a generic, watered down PG-13 action movie - and Deadpool acknowledging it as such in the very first scene, vowing to make fun of the limits of that rating throughout the film (BLEEPs, black boxes, miscolored green/blue/orange blood, strategically placed props everywhere). "Just bear with me, okay? I promise, I'll make it up to you on the Unrated Extended home video release with alternate EVERYTHING (plus Bea Arthur CGI cameo). Just help me make more at the box office than Johnny Depp's last film first. Shouldn't be too hard."
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM   #5
Mr Light
Admiral

If they do a hilarious over the top job of bleeping and blurring and black-boxing things, I think a PG-13 version could work.

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM   #6
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

There is no way the movie will be R rated, none.

They should have never canceled the movie years ago.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #7
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #8
Skywalker
Admiral

Yeah, it's more than likely going to be a PG-13 movie. And let's be honest, you can get away with a ton with a PG-13 rating these days, particularly in regards to violence. I'm more concerned about whether they can nail the zany, batshit crazy tone of Deadpool and his world. If they stick to something close to what they came up with in that test footage, they'll be fine.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #9
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats brah!
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #10
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
I can easily see this being a generic, watered down PG-13 action movie - and Deadpool acknowledging it as such in the very first scene, vowing to make fun of the limits of that rating throughout the film (BLEEPs, black boxes, miscolored green/blue/orange blood, strategically placed props everywhere). "Just bear with me, okay? I promise, I'll make it up to you on the Unrated Extended home video release with alternate EVERYTHING (plus Bea Arthur CGI cameo). Just help me make more at the box office than Johnny Depp's last film first. Shouldn't be too hard."
That could work for me. Seems like a good compromise as long as they acknowledge it in the movie.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #11
Gaith
Rear Admiral

I dug the test reel plenty ("Just call me Angel... of the Morning, An-gel"), but can't help but wondering if such an amoral, motormouth character can really sustain interest over the course of a full feature. Half an hour, sure, but 90+ minutes? I dunno. I kinda wish this movie would be an anthology - say, three 30-40 minute films about three different mutants and their stories. The other two movies could be about, I dunno, Gambit and Storm? One heist short film, one origin story, one something else? (And having less time spent on Deadpool would make the PG-13 issue easier also.) The key, naturally, would be to not step on the toes of X-Men storylines while still hooking in caual moviegoing fans. ("Just touch my face before you leave me... oh my darling...")
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #12
Nightowl1701
Commander

Gaith wrote: View Post
I dug the test reel plenty ("Just call me Angel... of the Morning, An-gel"), but can't help but wondering if such an amoral, motormouth character can really sustain interest over the course of a full feature. Half an hour, sure, but 90+ minutes? I dunno.[/I]
"Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...Bueller..."
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #13
Gaith
Rear Admiral

^What a compelling counter-example! Or it would be, if Ferris were amoral or a gleeful killer. Not to mention a masked one. Um, so, actually, that's not such a great counter-example. Try again?
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #14
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah I have to agree it seems like a difficult character to make work over the course of an entire movie, and that it might not take long for his nonstop quipping to simply become really annoying. But if nothing else it would be a very different and unique superhero movie.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #15
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

I just hope the movie is as good as the leaked script I read... because that was perfect.