Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old December 4 2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Sxottlan
Commodore

View Sxottlan's Twitter Profile
I'm a Big Star Trek Fan Except...

1. I have not actually seen all of Voyager. I did not see most of the episode with Dwayne Johnson and the last shuttlecraft crash episode with Chakotay and Seven.

Long story short, my local Fox affiliate dropped the show when an actual UPN station opened in my market. It was an antenna-only station and like most everyone, we didn't have an antenna. So I did not see the last three seasons when they were new. I had to wait for the show to go into syndication before I could see them and those were the ones I missed. Otherwise, it was really cool, getting five new Voyager episodes a week for a couple months.

2. I have never seen the animated series.

3. While I watched a lot of TOS when I was a child (mid-1980's), I'm now starting to wonder if I missed any episodes. I'm reading Federation right now and it's making me think I may have never seen the episode Metamorphosis.

4. I have never dressed up in a costume. I just find it silly.

5. I don't own a single season of any of the shows. I'm sorry, but no matter how much I loved any of the shows, I refuse to pay what they're still asking for a DVD box set. Even if the price has gone down a bit over time. I only ever got B5 on DVD when B&N held its 50% off sale.

How about you?
Serpents in the Garden: **1/2

Last edited by Sxottlan; December 4 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Sxottlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 01:58 AM   #2
PianoWizzy
Commodore

Location: PianoWizzy is working in the science research department.
View PianoWizzy's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to PianoWizzy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PianoWizzy Send a message via Yahoo to PianoWizzy
Re: I'm a Big Star Trek Fan Except...

1. I'm practically brand new, only weeks old as a Trekker.
2. I've never dressed up.
3. I've got zero ST merchandise.
4. I am not at all familiar with DS9, and I barely know Voyager [Janeway and Q, cough cough] and I barely know Enterprise [only Dr. Arik Soong].
5. I've only watched so few TNG episodes. [And I mean, out of all 7 seasons.]
6. I'm barely acquainted with non-TOS or TNG actors
7. I certainly HAVEN'T grown up with Trek.
8. I've only watched 2/10 Star Trek movies [NEMESIS NEVER HAPPENED.]
Old December 4 2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Ha, that Voyager episode with the Rock (and Jeff Combs and J.G. Hertzler too!) is the best episode of the whole show, probably. It's goofy and entertaining in the finest TOS tradition.

I've never dressed up. Heck, I've never dressed up as anything except the Golden Age Flash (Flash T-shirt plus blue jeans = Golden Age Flash. ) But besides being silly, which could be fun, it's also expensive.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 12:38 PM   #4
iguana_tonante
Admiral

1. When it sucks.

That's pretty much it.
Old December 4 2010, 02:29 PM   #5
TerokNor
Captain

Lets see...
I have not seen all the movies, only a bit of Voyager, even less of TOS and even less than less of Enterprise.
I do own all the Movies though (yes also the ones I haven´t seen)... but I didn´t buy the DVDs myself. A friend wanted to get himself a new set of DVD (BlueRay) and wanted to get rid of the old ones... I was the one who got them.
I do have all DS9 seasons here (besides Nr.1), but they do not belong to me, but my cousin. My room-mate owns the whole of TNG, so I borrow that now and then, but don´t own it myself either.
I have never dressed up as a Star Trek character, though if I had the skill to make myself a Cardassian uniform and good looking Make-up... I think I would...for the right occasion, not in everday life of course. (I did dress up in LOTR style once, when we had a LOTR meeting with dance in an old ball-room inside a spooky castle..that was fun.).
I have no merchandise, however I once inherented from an uncle the gold bracelett of his dead wife. He said I can do whatever I want with it. (It was a very ugly thing, but well... gold.) I was 16 or so, and very much into DS9 ... the bracelett became a little cardassian symbol, one can put on top of the shirt (though much smaller then what the Legates have). *L* I still own it, but I am not quite sure where it is...somewhere in the cellar I suppose. I have to look, next time I move.

TerokNor

I support PLAN. http://plan-international.org/
TerokNor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 03:06 PM   #6
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

I only have TOS and DS9 on DVD
I do not like Voyager or Enterprise and haven't seen all of the episodes of them
I have never seen the animated series
I do not seem to like the more popular characters (Data, for example) and prefer the not so popular ones
I have never been to a convention
I have never dressed up in Star Trek outfits
Old December 4 2010, 04:30 PM   #7
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

I've never dressed up (unless you count wearing a TNG uniform top that was designed as a t-shirt to school when I was about nine).

I've never taken the time to learn one of the languages.

I've never been to a Star Trek-exclusive convention (but I would love to sometime).

I've never written a Star Trek fan fiction (although some of the characters from various series cropped up in other stories).

I've never watched the entire run of Voyager (and probably never will).

I've never slept with anyone who has ever appeared on an episode of any Star Trek series.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2010, 07:35 PM   #8
Professor McGonagall
Rear Admiral

1. I didn't discover Star Trek until I was 42.
2. I have never dressed up in a Star Trek costume.
3. I was bored after a couple hours at the one convention I've attended.
4. I haven't seen all of DS9 or Enterprise yet. First disk of Ent Season 3 should be arriving today.
5. I have seen little of Voyager and even less (one episode, I think) of TAS.
6. I have no plans to buy more than the limited Star Trek items I already own: the complete set of TNG DVD's, an autographed photo of Sir Patrick Stewart, and an Enterprise-D ornament that will be going on the tree later today.

Oh yeah... and a UFP flag that used to hang in my office. I haven't figured out what to do w/ it at home.
Professor McGonagall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 02:19 AM   #9
iamtosk
Captain

Started watching TNG when it was originally on.
Now I have all of the episodes from every series.
I have some merch but don't care too much about that stuff.
I went to the Vegas convention this past year and it was the best thing I've ever done in my life.
No costumes yet but I really want one for the convention next year.

I even converted a girlfriend into a raging trek fan.
iamtosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 01:27 AM   #10
DrTikhon
Ensign

Except...

I've barely seen DS9, but not for the lack of trying.

I've only seen a small part of TOS, but it is my favorite series.

But...

I love building models of the ships.

I made a toast in Klingon to my fiance shortly before I proposed.

Oh, she loves Star Trek just as much as I do.
DrTikhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 02:17 AM   #11
Warped9
Admiral

I discovered Star Trek when I was 10 in late 1970. I'm a Big Star Trek Fan, except...

- I've seen all of TOS and TAS (several times) and all of TNG. I've seen about half of DS9, about a fifth of VOY (yuch!) and about a quarter of ENT (blah!)
- I have all of TOS and TAS on DVD. I plan on getting the first three seasons of TNG.
- I have no real interest in DS9, and less in VOY and ENT.
- I've seen all the films either in the theatre or on video or television. I own only TMP DE and TWOK DE on DVD. TSFS-TUC are kinda okay, but I don't care for any of the rest of GEN-ST09.
- I've been to several conventions over the years, but (regrettably) I've never gotten around to wearing a costume.
- I've written fan fiction.
- I've read quite a few Trek novels, but have given up on it for the most part easily about ten years ago.
- I enjoy the technical and scientific aspects of the Trek shows and films I do like. I have a few technical reference books. And as such I also enjoy drawing and designing Trek based hardware.
- I often enjoy talking about Star Trek and things related, hence why I'm on the TrekBBS, Hobbytalk and Byrne Robotics forums.
Old December 7 2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

. . . I've never written an ENTERPRISE novel. (That's the one corner of the franchise I never got in on.)
Old December 7 2010, 07:56 PM   #13
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

1. I don't see the point in arguing canon/continuity. I don't give a crap about my "childhood being raped". None of it is real and I think people forget that.

2. I haven't seen every episode 100,000 times. I actually don't think I've seen 50-75 episodes of all the series.
Old December 8 2010, 12:26 AM   #14
Eckauskas
Lieutenant Commander

I am not a fan of TOS, TNG is where it all started for me.
I hated the endings for Generations and Nemesis.
The Ferenghi were the worst race to ever grace this show.
Eckauskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2010, 01:28 AM   #15
I am not Spock
Commodore

-I haven't seen every episode of the animated series. I do own it, though, as well as all the five live action shows and eleven movies. Must get around to watching all of TAS one day