Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade:
Superman! (Excellent) 14 34.15%
The Red-Blue Blur (Good) 20 48.78%
The Blur (Average) 6 14.63%
The Douchenozzle/"Kal" (Bad) 1 2.44%
Bizzaro (Terrible) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 25 2010, 05:23 PM   #196
Jetfire

Re: Smallville: 10x01 "Lazarus" - Discussion and Spoilers

Smallville (Season Premiere) 1.3/5 2.90

Good? 3+ would have been better.
Old September 25 2010, 06:38 PM   #197
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Wasn't a big Lois and Clark fan so I didn't know that. Just because Smallville's Lois was the last to know among Clark's circle doesn't negate her investigative ability.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 07:02 PM   #198
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

exist2live wrote: View Post

Lois in 'Lois and Clark' figured out for herself without Clark revealing it to her.
No sir

Both Lois(i?) figured it out exactly the same way.

The alien kisses people uniquely.

It's like a finger print to her lips.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 07:12 PM   #199
RonSexton
Ensign

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
I think one of the reasons Rosenbaum has declined to return is that he doesn't want to shave his head again. I say let him keep his hair. He can always lose it again later.
Oh dont give me that... Actors shave their heads all the time for roles. Heck even I shave my head from time to time. And it grows back to normal male hair in about 2 months.
Rosenblaum just wanted to distance himself from the show. He didnt want to get typecast as Lex. Thats the real reason. And how is his acting career doing by the way... On vacation again?
RonSexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 07:15 PM   #200
Jetfire

^
Yeah, Rosey needs to get over himself and be Lex in S10.
Old September 25 2010, 07:21 PM   #201
RonSexton
Ensign

I dont know who that guy was that played the old lex. But he hit it out of the park. He had a really evil quality to him that didnt seem really over the top. Its like in that scene they gave us the lex that we have wanted for 10 seasons. A Lex that was actually willing to go all the way and kill. Even if he was foiled by SuperDeuche. I realize thay couldn't have had Lex attempting to kill Clarks friends every episode for 9 seasons. But man it really felt like Superman, just minus the suit.
And did anyone else notice that Clark is wearing his hair a bit shorter and combed more like Supermans hair?
Old September 25 2010, 07:30 PM   #202
Jetfire

^
He was Mackenzie Gray, played Alistair Kreig(S5-Cyborg). He was great...if Rosey doesn't come back get Mackenzie Gray back!
Old September 25 2010, 08:00 PM   #203
RonSexton
Ensign

I wonder if Tom Welling knows that people on the internet forums call his character "SuperDeuche" ?
Old September 25 2010, 09:34 PM   #204
Zachary Smith
Vice Admiral

Evil Lex Clone: "Kal-El, even with your fantastic speed, there's no way you can intercept both missiles--I mean, save Lois and catch the Daily Planet Globe in time to save both."

Tess Mercer (somewhere thinking): But Evil Lex-Clone, my MOTHER works at the Daily Planet . . .

My favorite TV show is "Cool Hand Luke Skywalker--Texas Ranger". The best episode is the one where he fights Samantha's wacky Sith Lord Uncle, Darth Arthur . . ."
Zachary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 09:55 PM   #205
Jetfire

Now that we have had the S10 Premiere...I will take a moment to list favs over the past 10 seasons.

01. Exile S3
02. Bizarro S7
03. Arrival S5
04. Crusade S4
05. Vortex S2
06. Zod S6
07. Lazarus S10
08. Savior S9
09. Odyssey S8
10. Pilot S1

I don't think any of the premieres were all too horrible unlike alot of finales...some hit and some miss. Over all the premieres have beed pretty solid...I think I come down hard on "Lazarus" is because it didn't live up to the hype and it still was better than those premieres below it. I will add because the "Pilot" is 10th on my list doesn't mean I hated it...I enjoyed it alot...like I said the premieres are pretty solid and most would be tied together.
Old September 25 2010, 10:03 PM   #206
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

I did like CLex's line to Clark when he was dying. "Don't flatter yourself, you're not responsible."

Last edited by DarthPipes; September 26 2010 at 12:20 AM.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 10:14 PM   #207
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Zachary Smith wrote: View Post

Tess Mercer (somewhere thinking): But Evil Lex-Clone, my MOTHER works at the Daily Planet . . .
So what is Valerine Perrine doing these days? Is it too late for her to do a guest-spot as Tess's long-lost mom?
Old September 25 2010, 10:29 PM   #208
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

I agree Clark was flying when he caught the globe. Didn't anyone but me think of George Reeves there, the way George would take a running jump to go flying (usually out the window?)

I like Lois knowing Clark is Supes, it is the way it should be, Lois is supposed to be a crack investigative reporter, it makes no sense that she wouldn't figure it out for, what, 50 years or so?

I liked Voldelex. I would have been happy to see him as the big bad all season, with little Lex growing up with Tess in secret and then emerging as a hairy Rosenbaum-Lex at the finale.

I liked the Pa Kent scene, and I agree it gave needed closure there, and it was something Clark needed to hear and think about, that a good man can go off half-cocked and still be a good man. That said, Clark can pretty much kill whoever he wants at will, that has to be a line he won't cross except in extreme circumstances, certainly not because he's pissed off.

I was puzzled at the end scene with Chloe being exchanged for Ollie. So who was in the truck bringing her, and why was she in a hood? How did that work? I get it that she exchanged herself for Ollie, but it makes no sense that it would be done like that. She should have been hoodless and her own people dropping her off and picking up Ollie.

If Clark can't/won't wear the full suit, I at least want the proper 'S' logo on a blue t-shirt. If he's going for red leather jacket, put the t-shirt on underneath.

Voted good, for great it would have to be at least close to the season 2 opener which was classic.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 11:56 PM   #209
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Jetfire wrote: View Post
I will add because the "Pilot" is 10th on my list doesn't mean I hated it...I enjoyed it alot...like I said the premieres are pretty solid and most would be tied together.
Even so, it still remains as one of the show's best conceived (and executed) episodes and is head and shoulders above anything else on that list.
Old September 26 2010, 12:09 AM   #210
Jetfire

^
Well the "Pilot" suffers from what all the premieres that followed it does...sloppy editing and trying to jam too much into less than an hour of time...it is good...and premieres have been SMALLVILLE's strong suit for the most part...the finales often fall short. I am not knocking it but I enjoyed different things from all the premieres...I would tie the last 4 together really...believe me it isn't 10th due to quality. Believe me I am not knocking any of the premieres...for the most part they all eclipse various finales.