Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 17 2010, 03:14 PM   #286
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: Halo: Reach

Anyone played Campaign Matchmaking yet? Ive played two games, of which both involved 2 of my teammates leaving while playing through on Legendary, making it a bit tricky in places.

Both play throughs were on the second Sword Base mission, and both times everyone In the tank just charged ahead and got blown up straight away, making the rest of the first part of the mission damned near impossible. Fuckers.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2010, 04:07 PM   #287
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

^ Haven't tried it yet, but when I think back to my WoW days and random group members (the horrors they can inflict upon your free time), I'd rather play through campaign missions with you, Dac

Of course, once in a while, you'll meet cool people and have a blast, but I'd wager most of the time it's going to be pretty mediocre if not terrible.

Edit: Finally, took the time to blow the dust off of my copy of Halo PC to unlock the exclusive nameplate for Reach. Vanity FTW

Last edited by SPCTRE CLAUS; October 17 2010 at 05:17 PM.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2010, 09:39 PM   #288
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^they were going for the 4000 credit daily challenge, expect more of the same on nightfall today
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2010, 03:42 PM   #289
Dac
Commodore

I didnt even bother with that. Pretty much the only way you can do that challenge is to sit back and let teammates do it in campaign matchmaking, and I think its bad form for Bungie to make it that way.
Old October 18 2010, 09:07 PM   #290
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

you want to talk about bad form from bungie with their challenges, they encourage us to get as many daily and weekly challenges as possible to unlock the rest of the ranks, then they set up near-impossible challenges like that, and then this weeks challenge is 30 kills in a single MP match
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2010, 11:50 PM   #291
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

That just encourages boosting. They might as well just let people cheat and get top ranks just so they can get it out of their system already.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2010, 01:24 AM   #292
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

TheBurgerKing wrote: View Post
you want to talk about bad form from bungie with their challenges, they encourage us to get as many daily and weekly challenges as possible to unlock the rest of the ranks, then they set up near-impossible challenges like that, and then this weeks challenge is 30 kills in a single MP match
How exactly is it bad form for Bungie to make some of the challenges challenging?
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2010, 02:37 AM   #293
Dac
Commodore

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
How exactly is it bad form for Bungie to make some of the challenges challenging?

I don't mind challenging, but completing a campaign level on legendary in a day without dying is near impossible on your own.
Old October 19 2010, 03:04 AM   #294
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Dac'n'Cover wrote: View Post
I don't mind challenging, but completing a campaign level on legendary in a day without dying is near impossible on your own.
Hence, it is challenging. And it shouldn't be a big deal if you can't complete every single challenge every day. You could hardly call them challenges if every single one was easy to complete.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I hit Lt. Colonel Grade 3 a couple nights ago.

Last edited by Chris3123; October 19 2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old October 19 2010, 05:12 AM   #295
LightningStorm
The Borg King

Hence, it is challenging. And it shouldn't be a big deal if you can't complete every single challenge every day. You could hardly call them challenges if every single one was easy to complete.

I agree with you. In theory. Up through last Friday, the challenges (both daily and weekly) have been way too easy. But I also agree a bit with Dac, as I think they might have gone a bit overboard with making it more difficult. There's a fine line between difficult and nigh-impossible, but Bungie has made some of these more difficult than necessary to a point where people won't even attempt them. Challenges should make you want to play the game to get them and make it fun trying, I'm not likely to play a challenge so difficult that it'd piss me off trying to get it... even if I'm good enough to do so, and I believe that I am, not to mention the ridiculous amount of time it'd take to do it cause I'd have to spend a lot of time waiting around to get shield back, running backwards to keep my guns loaded, searching out health packs etc. Too much work.
Old October 19 2010, 08:34 AM   #296
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

That was the challenge? Complete one campaign level on Legendary (solo) without dying?

Because if so, no offense, but I really wouldn't call that challenging - do a speedrun of Winter Contingency. You hardly have to fight anything.

Edit: Or was the challenge to complete the whole campaign without dying? Now that would be extremely challenging to say the least
Old October 19 2010, 09:49 AM   #297
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post

That was the challenge? Complete one campaign level on Legendary (solo) without dying?

Because if so, no offense, but I really wouldn't call that challenging - do a speedrun of Winter Contingency. You hardly have to fight anything.

Edit: Or was the challenge to complete the whole campaign without dying? Now that would be extremely challenging to say the least
The challenge wasn't to complete any level. You had to complete a specific one. They did that type of challenge two days in a row, the first day the level being Oni, and the next Nightfall.
Old October 19 2010, 10:41 AM   #298
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

Hm okay, that's definitely challenging, but I wouldn't call it nigh on impossible

Congrats

Edit:

eBay: Lifesize Halo Reach Statue *Limited Edition 1 of 18*

I want one.

Last edited by SPCTRE CLAUS; October 19 2010 at 02:43 PM.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2010, 12:52 PM   #299
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

Office of Not Dying Complete ONI on Legendary without dying.
Yesssss, my favorite daily challenge
Old October 28 2010, 05:28 PM   #300
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

Check out my ninja-like assassination skills. Damn that was satisfying.