RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,689
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 458
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 23 2010, 07:03 PM   #181
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Halo: Reach

I guess Bungie has realized their warrant officer grade 3 mistake because todays daily challenges can be done in about 45 minutes for 4800 cr
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2010, 07:16 PM   #182
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Dac wrote: View Post
LightningStorm wrote: View Post
Dac, downloaded your colossus remake. That's pretty good stuff right there, I especially like what you did with the lift and the upside down one at the top to make you land correctly. Excellent.

Why thank you
BTW Dac, I also like your Rockfall map, it's so small it's almost claustrophobic. That and the jump to the rocket launcher are very reminiscent of Battle/Beaver Creek
Also, it really requires people to focus on where they're moving/jumping.
Haha, Thanks again man. Rockfall was the very first map I made so don't expect too much. I was screwing around on Forge and while I like the expansive tool set, the forerunner metallic grey look gets a bit boring after a while, so I wanted to see if I could make a map which didnt use any of those components. I spotted a nice little watery pocket in the canyon and so Rockfall was born.

And Yeah, if you don't watch where your going, you die A bit harsh I know, but it was my first map.

As for the game itself, I realized last night I only had like 8 achievements left to do, which I've now consolidated to about 4. It should be free, but when I was replaying The Package to get the Tank round intact I didn't realize I had it set on normal, although I did think it was quite easy

Plus I begrudge it anyway, because on my original legendary play through I DID keep the tank in one piece, its just apparently you need to drive it up to the base to get the achievement.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2010, 09:25 PM   #183
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Plus I begrudge it anyway, because on my original legendary play through I DID keep the tank in one piece, its just apparently you need to drive it up to the base to get the achievement.
Aww boy, that sucks Still one of my favorite achievements, I like keeping my vehicle alive against all odds (there really should be an achievement for using the hog and keeping it in one piece versus the two Wraiths on Exodus).

Also, I finally found two of the datapads while exploring on Pillar of Autumn. I wasn't even looking for them, so it was kind of a nice surprise (I've been avoiding spoilers as to their location since I love exploring Halo maps).
Old September 24 2010, 12:17 PM   #184
Servo
Rear Admiral

I ended up accidentally cheating my way to a couple of achievements last night. Was pratting about on Firefight with my mate, and just to show him how tough the enemies get I set it on Legendary difficulty, but gave myself inulnerability and bottomless clip (infinite ammo with no reloading). Anyway, we played through the full set just dicking around with the various weapons, and I ended up with the Game, Set, Match achievement (Complete a Firefight set on Legendary without Dying) and the Firestarter achievement (Score 50,000 points in Firefight).

Bit of an oversight there by Bungie.
Old September 24 2010, 12:25 PM   #185
Dac
Commodore

Servo wrote: View Post
I ended up accidentally cheating my way to a couple of achievements last night. Was pratting about on Firefight with my mate, and just to show him how tough the enemies get I set it on Legendary difficulty, but gave myself inulnerability and bottomless clip (infinite ammo with no reloading). Anyway, we played through the full set just dicking around with the various weapons, and I ended up with the Game, Set, Match achievement (Complete a Firefight set on Legendary without Dying) and the Firestarter achievement (Score 50,000 points in Firefight).

Bit of an oversight there by Bungie.

Yeah, thats why the "1 million points in firefight" gametype is No. 1 on fileshare.

Bungies answer? "Oh well, if you want a million points then do it then"
Old September 24 2010, 01:37 PM   #186
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

Yeah, they were fully aware that these were going to be "free" achievements basically. Nothing wrong with that, there are enough challenging ones left
Old September 24 2010, 02:15 PM   #187
Dac
Commodore

Yeah, they were fully aware that these were going to be "free" achievements basically. Nothing wrong with that, there are enough challenging ones left
Yeah, I have 2 left. Unfortunately, they're the 2 that require high ranks in multiplayer
Old September 24 2010, 02:47 PM   #188
Servo
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I have 2 left. Unfortunately, they're the 2 that require high ranks in multiplayer
Which two?
Old September 24 2010, 05:45 PM   #189
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

As of last night, I've "officially" completed the campaign. I say "officially" with the quotation marks because I had already finished the campaign several days ago, but there were a few missions for which I didn't receive the achievements and so also did not receive the "completed campaign on normal" achievement. I'm undecided on what I'm going to do next: jump into Firefight, matchmaking, or do the campaign again on Heroic. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't finished a Halo title on Legendary since Halo 2 (a friend and I did co-op on Legendary for both of the first two games), so I don't feel I'm ready to jump into Legendary on Reach yet without warming up for it through Heroic. I'm also waiting on that friend to finish the campaign so that we can start a co-op run.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2010, 05:46 PM   #190
SPCTRE
Infinitely Cloud Powered

Servo wrote: View Post
Which two?
An Honor Serving (requires rank: Captain) and Make It Rain (requires rank: Lt. Colonel).
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
As of last night, I've "officially" completed the campaign. I say "officially" with the quotation marks because I had already finished the campaign several days ago, but there were a few missions for which I didn't receive the achievements and so also did not receive the "completed campaign on normal" achievement. I'm undecided on what I'm going to do next: jump into Firefight, matchmaking, or do the campaign again on Heroic. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't finished a Halo title on Legendary since Halo 2 (a friend and I did co-op on Legendary for both of the first two games), so I don't feel I'm ready to jump into Legendary on Reach yet without warming up for it through Heroic. I'm also waiting on that friend to finish the campaign so that we can start a co-op run.
If you're planning on doing Legendary (solo) eventually, take my advice: Don't do a Heroic playthrough first. The difference between Heroic and Legendary in Reach isn't as substantial as it was in the previous titles (including ODST) in my opinion.

I did my first Reach playthrough on Heroic and immediately after finishing started regretting it. It felt like a waste of time, because this time around, Heroic is pretty challenging - taking one small step up to Legendary shouldn't be a problem at all if you have any experience.

As for Legendary Co-Op, no offense, but that's so trivial you don't even need any Halo experience.
Old September 24 2010, 08:48 PM   #191
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

keep on the lookout in firefight matchmaking, cheating assholes are turning on firefight matchmaking and leaving things unattended while they are at school or work or asleep to just gain the EXP from the basic match
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old September 24 2010, 11:29 PM   #192
LightningStorm
The Borg King

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
keep on the lookout in firefight matchmaking, cheating assholes are turning on firefight matchmaking and leaving things unattended while they are at school or work or asleep to just gain the EXP from the basic match
Oh jeez, that's good to know. Hopefully Bungie will notice this and update something that makes it so that people who don't play at all during a match either get zero EXP or better yet, negative EXP.
Old September 25 2010, 01:29 AM   #193
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Don't you get booted for idling or anything like that?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 07:11 AM   #194
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^Apparently not, the dude who was on was "offline" for 20 hours, he also had a gamer score around 200,000 , gamertag was WelderMan2 if anyone wants to look him up
Old September 25 2010, 08:05 AM   #195
Skywalker
Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
^Apparently not, the dude who was on was "offline" for 20 hours, he also had a gamer score around 200,000 , gamertag was WelderMan2 if anyone wants to look him up
Wow, what a jackass. I hope he has an old-school Xbox so it red-rings on him for leaving it running for so long.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote