Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 22 2010, 05:00 PM   #166
Servo
Rear Admiral

Re: Halo: Reach

Well, so far I've completed the campaign on Normal, and done the first 4 missions on Legendary. I would have carried on, but I've been somewhat distracted by the excellent multiplayer, and the fantastic Theater mode. Man, I hope the Theater mode on CoD: Black Ops is as good as it is on this.

Reach is the game I was expecting Halo 3 to be. Awesome, awesome game.
Old September 22 2010, 10:04 PM   #167
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

if your playing a female spartan, die in multiplayer and go back to your corpse and melee the ass, thats right, ass physics
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2010, 10:19 PM   #168
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

^

As a matter of fact, I do play a female Spartan (to match my Auntie Dot A.I. voice)

Scans indicate: You are dead.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2010, 12:24 AM   #169
Servo
Rear Admiral

Man, that fucking "If They Came To Hear Me Beg" achievement is making me want to hurt people. I've tried it about 50 times on "Pillar of Autumn", and I could only get 6 to assassinate the fucker twice (every other time he just melee's the elite), and I still didn't get the damn achievement.

Old September 23 2010, 12:49 AM   #170
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I feel bad for the people who have had to try that several times. I watched a couple of videos and managed to do it on my third try.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2010, 12:57 AM   #171
Servo
Rear Admiral

Getting the fucker to actually initiate the assassination seems to be 99% of the battle. I've got the timing of the sprint and the jump right, it's just that most of the time the assassination won't happen, just a standard melee attack. It's rather fucking annoying.
Old September 23 2010, 01:21 AM   #172
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Obvious question, but are you holding onto the button after you tap it?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old September 23 2010, 01:31 AM   #173
Servo
Rear Admiral

Yes.
Old September 23 2010, 02:08 AM   #174
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Ah man, don't know what to tell ya other than your timing might be off. I pretty much waited until I was right on top of the guy to hit the button.

Old September 23 2010, 02:31 AM   #175
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

where exactly on PofA do you go to do the achievement?
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Old September 23 2010, 03:17 AM   #176
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Right at the start. You walk forward and you come to the edge of a cliff... then you just sprint, jump and land on an Elite.

Old September 23 2010, 06:39 AM   #177
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

thanks, took some tries and frustration, but I got it
Old September 23 2010, 01:10 PM   #178
RESPCT
SPCTRE

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
Ah man, don't know what to tell ya other than your timing might be off. I pretty much waited until I was right on top of the guy to hit the button.
Yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. Don't get frustrated, it takes a couple of tries for everyone. I managed to get it after five attempts I think.

BTW, got me my Carter helmet two days ago, yay!

Still need one more achievement (Yes, Sensei) to unlock all Waypoint armor items.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
Old September 23 2010, 06:29 PM   #179
RESPCT
SPCTRE

Dac wrote: View Post
LightningStorm wrote: View Post
Dac, downloaded your colossus remake. That's pretty good stuff right there, I especially like what you did with the lift and the upside down one at the top to make you land correctly. Excellent.

Why thank you
BTW Dac, I also like your Rockfall map, it's so small it's almost claustrophobic. That and the jump to the rocket launcher are very reminiscent of Battle/Beaver Creek
Also, it really requires people to focus on where they're moving/jumping.
Old September 23 2010, 07:03 PM   #180
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

I guess Bungie has realized their warrant officer grade 3 mistake because todays daily challenges can be done in about 45 minutes for 4800 cr