New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 20 2010, 03:47 AM   #151
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Re: Halo: Reach

Dac wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I can't believe they don't have Master Chief in it. He was at Reach, after all. I was hoping in the final level you play beside him as an invincible NPC or something. Or at least hear about what he's doing on the radio while you're fighting.
The chief is in it. For all of 2 seconds, but he's there, definately :P
Where?
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:53 AM   #152
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

i got both firefight ones today in one match
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:58 AM   #153
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Dac wrote: View Post
I can't believe they don't have Master Chief in it. He was at Reach, after all. I was hoping in the final level you play beside him as an invincible NPC or something. Or at least hear about what he's doing on the radio while you're fighting.
The chief is in it. For all of 2 seconds, but he's there, definately :P
Where?
This video explains pretty well.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=1562
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 04:38 AM   #154
Skywalker
Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
I'm so very glad he's not in it. The MC is a very cool character, but the Halo universe is too big and too interesting not to tell its stories from different perspectives. That's why I thoroughly enjoyed the novels as well as Halo Wars and ODST.

IMO, a fitting analogy would be the Star Trek universe - not every story that's worth telling has to be about the crew of Enterprise.
Agreed. One of the reasons why I liked ODST so much was because of the lack of Master Chief (and Cortana). I don't really get the appeal, personally.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 05:08 AM   #155
LightningStorm
The Borg King

Dac, downloaded your colossus remake. That's pretty good stuff right there, I especially like what you did with the lift and the upside down one at the top to make you land correctly. Excellent.
Old September 20 2010, 12:54 PM   #156
Mr Light
Admiral

Master Chief is the greatest! He's the selfless messianic figure in the Haloverse. I really loved how the third game showed how magical and inspiring he was to the troops. Also, Cortana's the greatest. The voice, the sense of humor, the corruption by Gravemind. I loved how the third game was practically a love story between Master Chief and Cortana, I actually found it quite touching.

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:07 PM   #157
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

LightningStorm wrote: View Post
Dac, downloaded your colossus remake. That's pretty good stuff right there, I especially like what you did with the lift and the upside down one at the top to make you land correctly. Excellent.

Why thank you

The upside down lift makes you land correctly plus it stops you losing all but one bar of health when you hit the ceiling (Also, If anyone is gonna play a game on that, for the love of god don't use your jetpack while on the lift, you'll end up hitting the ceiling so hard you'll kill yourself ).
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:20 PM   #158
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

^ That sounds like personal experience speaking, Dac.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:25 PM   #159
Dac
Commodore

What? Me? Of course not.

(Also, cookie to anyone who find the not so secret easter egg on my map )
Old September 20 2010, 03:28 PM   #160
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Speaking of personal experiences like that, I found out a couple days ago that ramming a Wraith while driving a Revenant is not a good idea.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 03:30 PM   #161
Dac
Commodore

Haha, on the other hand, armor locking while a ghost is boosting at you is SO much fun
Old September 20 2010, 08:14 PM   #162
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

LightningStorm wrote: View Post
I agree, a great homage to Colossus
"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 08:41 PM   #163
Servo
Rear Admiral

Legendary is awesome.
Old September 21 2010, 02:05 PM   #164
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

^ Indeed.

A propos of map remakes, here's a pretty nice Damnation (Halo: CE) remake I'm a huge fan of the original map, and I'd say this is a very impressive recreation.

In other news, here's more on that awesome PR stunt in London:

"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson

Last edited by SPCTRE CLAUS; September 21 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old September 22 2010, 11:44 AM   #165
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

BTW, I think it's great that this time around, they acknowledge the fact that Solo Legendary is significantly harder than Co-Op via the AMTAYS achievement.

Co-Op is extremely fun, but it makes Legendary almost trivial if you can zerg everything to death.