Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 9 2010, 10:13 PM   #1
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Halo: Reach

It just occured to me there isn't an active Halo: Reach thread around here.

Here's the new, extended cut for the Deliver Hope live action trailer:

Goosebump-worthy I'd say.

Anyways, only five more days to go! Amazon.co.uk claims to ship my Legendary Edition on September 13th
Old September 9 2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Halo: Reach

I only pre-ordered the regular edition. I like Halo, but not quite enough to drop $80 on the limited edition, and certainly not enough to drop $150 on the Legendary Edition.

I did get a $20 credit toward a future game purchase at Amazon, though, so that'll come in handy when Call of Duty: Black Ops releases in November.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2010, 11:12 PM   #3
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

The multiplayer beta was fun. Otherwise I wouldn't be giving it a second thought. Not after ODST.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2010, 11:15 PM   #4
clint g
Admiral

Im kind of burned out on the Halo franchise. That being said, Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story. I for may bite if only that.
Old September 9 2010, 11:21 PM   #5
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

clint g wrote: View Post
Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story.
That's actually the main reason I am so hyped about the game - reading The Fall of Reach back in the day made me a glutton for Halo lore.

Last edited by SPCTRE CLAUS; September 10 2010 at 09:11 AM.
SPCTRE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2010, 11:25 PM   #6
clint g
Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
clint g wrote: View Post
Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story.
That's actually the main reason I am so hyped about the game - reading The Fall of Reach back in the day made a glutton for Halo lore.
Indeed. That novel (and perhaps a few of the other ones) is the best thing about the franchise. Make of that what you will
Old September 10 2010, 02:19 AM   #7
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Co-op matchmaking is the only reason why I'm interested in picking up the game when it releases. Here's hoping it works anyway.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 02:40 AM   #8
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I had originally purchased the Legendary Edition (yes, I'm a sucker for the franchise and I really want that kickass statue), but I had to downgrade to the regular edition after losing my job a couple months ago. Seriously looking forward to the game, though I'm finding my anticipation somewhat different this time around. In the past, I was paying attention to pretty much every scrap of news that came out about each game, but with Reach, for the most part I've only watched the trailers. I haven't intentionally avoided reading about it, but I haven't actively sought out information either.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 07:55 AM   #9
Jax
Admiral

I'll get this sometime in 2011 when a price drop occurs because I only care about Halo for co-op play. I have zero interest in online versus mode due to well annoying little kids and bunny hopping mad OTT gameplay.
Old September 10 2010, 10:19 AM   #10
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I had originally purchased the Legendary Edition (yes, I'm a sucker for the franchise and I really want that kickass statue), but I had to downgrade to the regular edition after losing my job a couple months ago. Seriously looking forward to the game, though I'm finding my anticipation somewhat different this time around. In the past, I was paying attention to pretty much every scrap of news that came out about each game, but with Reach, for the most part I've only watched the trailers. I haven't intentionally avoided reading about it, but I haven't actively sought out information either.

Hah, well, it was leaked and someone uploaded the ending if you want to avoid that stuff. :lol

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 12:37 PM   #11
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

Just read the news over at halo.bungie.org, no danger of spoiling anything - Louis Wu & his buddies know their stuff and go to extreme lengths to avoid spoilers.
Old September 10 2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

After realizing that I probably wouldn't be able to walk in a store and grab the limited edition, I opted instead of preordered it on Amazon last night. I sprung for the super dooper delivery because I really want to get it on launch I also opted for the limited edition because I really want Halsey's journal. That looks like a quality tie in product.

As for the leaked stuff, i came across a cutscene from the game but only managed to watch 2 seconds of it before my spoiler sense kicked in. Unfortunately, I think that 2 seconds was enough to get the gist of the scene though.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 03:54 PM   #13
ares93
Commodore

the only reason i wont buy reach is because i stick by my principles. fps should be played on pc. otherwise i would have ordered it weeks ago...
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Mistral
Vice Admiral

ares93 wrote: View Post
the only reason i wont buy reach is because i stick by my principles. fps should be played on pc. otherwise i would have ordered it weeks ago...
My principles say any game where a sticky grenade on someone's face fails to kill them 50% of the time is a waste of money.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Mistral wrote: View Post
ares93 wrote: View Post
My principles say any game where a sticky grenade on someone's face fails to kill them 50% of the time is a waste of money.
Was that something in the beta? Every sticky grenade I've stuck has always been a kill in Halo 2, 3 and ODST firefight.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote