Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old April 6 2011, 01:26 AM   #106
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: "Shaping a Cardassian" - characters

Nice! I don't know why, but he looks like he's thinking up some "zinger" of a remark he's about to use on someone. Not a mean one, but something funny.
Old April 6 2011, 02:47 AM   #107
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station

I didn't plan it, but he looks like thinking about something...impish

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 02:51 AM   #108
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

How to trace Gul Jarol wherever she is and beam chocolates to her in the right place every time?
Old April 6 2011, 05:33 AM   #109
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Yes, something like that

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Old April 22 2011, 01:04 PM   #110
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Glinn Yassel

Old April 23 2011, 03:02 AM   #111
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Awwww...you can definitely see how young and self-conscious she is.
Old April 23 2011, 03:11 AM   #112
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Hopefully, under Zamarran's mentorship (I hope he's going to become a mentor for her with time) she's going to become more self-confident

Old April 23 2011, 03:42 AM   #113
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Having someone recognize her as a good and worthwhile person even though she's not like most other Cardassians is really wonderful.

Will it ever be known what the reason for her difference is?
Old April 23 2011, 03:55 AM   #114
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

She doesn't like to talk or even think about it much (not to spoil too much, but Zamarran's reaction was one of those that don't happen often), I can tell that she will become very close with one of other crewmembers and she will tell that person, some day, more about it and how it shaped her life.

Old April 23 2011, 03:58 AM   #115
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Awwww...I wish I could send Iymender her way to cheer her up. His memory is perfect--but his hierarchical and social instincts don't work right, so by Cardassian standards he is considered to have a disability that is a "lesser" cousin of what we would call Asperger's Syndrome, but is disabling by Cardassian standards. He wouldn't look down on her for her memory...after all, he doesn't like being looked down on because of his social difficulties.
Old April 23 2011, 04:45 AM   #116
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Well, her brain doesn't work perfectly in this aspect, but it does in another one...it's just that someone has to notice it and show her she can make a practical use of that ability

Old April 23 2011, 06:12 AM   #117
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

You know...another person who could relate would be Gul Berat. He may have an eidetic memory--but with his "Cardassian ADHD" (I'm sure it has a name, I just haven't decided what they call his diagnosis yet), he sometimes cannot use it to its fullest extent. I think that during routine times, he may sometimes set "alarms" for himself. He might not have everything written down (though I think occasionally he does as a concentration aid), but it's hard for him to keep track of time or concentrate as easily as most Cardassians can, so now that I think about it, I think he has certain aids to help remind him of what he should be doing (as opposed to what he may be doing that's distracting).

Remember the little story about his "e-mail accident"? I know he probably didn't let anyone else but Glinn Yejain find out about that, but if he met your Glinn Yassel, he'd make an exception so she would understand "gul" does not mean "god."

(Funnier yet...do I remember reading that Glinn Yassel is very organized? I don't think she'd like the sight of Gul Berat's office, then. It's messier than your average Cardassian's office. He's been known to have to quickly shove padds or other objects out of the way very quickly before receiving visitors. )
Old April 23 2011, 06:30 AM   #118
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

I think the "organised" part of Yassel is partially her way to hide her not so perfect memory and also to help her not to forget about some things. So maybe she wouldn't run out of Berat's office screaming

Old April 23 2011, 06:47 AM   #119
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Why, because she'd realize she could make herself useful to him by teaching him how to put things away when he's done? Or trying to?
Old April 23 2011, 07:25 AM   #120
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Because she's not maniacally organised She likes order but it's not an internal force that makes her keep everything in order. It's more of a habit that she had to work out to function among people who take your eidetic memory for granted.

Though, I'm sure she could help Gul Berat govern the mess on his desk better