RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,699
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 696
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old May 28 2013, 10:32 PM   #1
teeth_03
Ensign

Quintet

In reference to this thread, the mods are under the impression I am trying to sell something:
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=214639

But in all honesty, I just wanted to spread the word about this cool trek-like game you can play (for free) right now, in your web browser or iOS device.

http://quintet.us

5 People 1 Ship

If the mods feel the need to stop me from talking about something free, I would at least like the chance to figure out what exactly rule this is breaching, and have a chance to discuss it. I'm just looking for people to try out the game because its pretty fun, and even though it isn't a Trek game, it is in spirit.

Thanks guys
Looking for a fun co-op Trek-like game where you and 4 friends can control a ship together just like the crew of the Enterprise? Give Quintet a try,it is free and you can play it on many different devices!
www.quintet.us
Old May 29 2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma
Re: Quintet

I suspect this will get locked too, but as you can't PM a mod directly for clarification at your rank, essentially you were attempting to solicit money (via the Kickstarter campaign) for a product.
Old May 29 2013, 12:51 PM   #3
teeth_03
Ensign

Hence, why this thread, I'm not saying anything about the KS, and just trying to point out the free game that is playable right now.

It isn't my game, its fun, it just doesn't have a lot of players, and I'm just trying to point to game out to any Trek fans so they can give it a try. Its in early development so things are getting added and changed.

Being able to be part of a group controlling just 1 ship is something I thought about years ago would be cool, I think it was in the early STO concepts but then got canned.

Despite it not being a Trek game, i feel it has more potential than many of the recent trek games like Legacy . It is an interesting co-op experience for sure.
Looking for a fun co-op Trek-like game where you and 4 friends can control a ship together just like the crew of the Enterprise? Give Quintet a try,it is free and you can play it on many different devices!
www.quintet.us
Old June 10 2013, 03:15 AM   #4
teeth_03
Ensign

Now that the kickstarter is over, I should be able to freely talk about the game without seeming like I'm trying to sell something....

Anyway, give the game a try guys, there is a beta for a new version you can find the link to on the main site, and a new version will be out in a few weeks with an official android version. I have a beta of the android version and it plays fine on my Nexus 7.

There will also be a OUYA version as well, as soon as the Dev gets the control issues figured out.

The game is fun, but it still does not have many concurrent players, so I'm trying to spread the word about the game.
www.quintet.us
Old June 11 2013, 07:15 PM   #5
daedalus5

I followed the link and now it doesn't look like a sales pitch, so will allow.

Best of luck trying to get new players.
Old June 12 2013, 04:00 AM   #6
teeth_03
Ensign

daedalus5 wrote: View Post
I followed the link and now it doesn't look like a sales pitch, so will allow.

Best of luck trying to get new players.
Thank you kind sir!
www.quintet.us
Old July 27 2013, 02:14 PM   #7
teeth_03
Ensign

*bump for recognition*

We are having Quintet game nights on Mondays at 10 PM EST time. There has been some nice additions to the game since the KS ended, so I'm hoping anyone reading this will give it a try.

The Dev is also a pretty cool guy, he hops on and plays with us all the time.
www.quintet.us
Old July 30 2013, 07:11 PM   #8
daedalus5

^^^ Thread bumping is against the rules - I've decided to lock the thread as nobody has really responded in a positive light to your proposal.
Closed Thread