TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 5 2013, 09:42 PM   #886
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Power Rangers

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
She was also at comic-con one year dressed as Wonder girl

Gonna look up the story behind that.

And you asked at just the right time Jirin. The current season is a build-up to all the Rangers banding together to fight a war. Several cast members from the last two decades will be back.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 12:51 AM   #887
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I need to get to one of those conventions sometime to check out the, uh, comics...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 12:54 AM   #888
Christopher
Writer

^Cosplay has its hazards. Once at New York Comic-Con, I was just walking down the aisle minding my business, and I got conked on the head by the ear of a giant Pikachu.

But if you sit in one place long enough, you will inevitably see at least one of every variety of Harley Quinn go by.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 07:53 AM   #889
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
How many different Power Rangers have there been by now, like 40?
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers
24 (Jason, Zack, Billy, Tommy, Rocky, Adam, Ninjor, Aurico, Cestro, Justin, Zane, Bobby, Tideus, Rocko, Abraham, William, Trini, Kimberly, Aisha, Kat, Tina, Kristen, Alicia, and Delphine)

Power Rangers Zeo
7 (Tommy, Adam, Rocky, Kat, Tanya, Jason, and Trey)

Power Rangers Turbo
11 (Tommy, Adam, Justin, TJ, Carlos, Blue Senturion, Phantom Ranger, Kat, Tanya, Ashley, and Cassie)

Power Rangers in Space
11 (Andros, TJ, Carlos, Zhane, Psycho Red, Psycho Blue, Psycho Black, Psycho Yellow, Psycho Pink, Ashley, and Cassie)

Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
8 (Leo, Kai, Damon, Mike, Magna Defender [Original], Kendrix, Maya, and Karone)

Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
6 (Carter, Chad, Joel, Ryan, Kelsey, and Dana)

Power Rangers Time Force
7 (Wes, Lucas, Trip, Eric, Alex, Katie, and Jen)

Power Rangers Wild Force
6 (Cole, Danny, Max, Merrick, Taylor, and Alyssa)

Power Rangers Ninja Storm
6 (Shane, Dustin, Hunter, Blake, Cam, and Tori)

Power Rangers Dino Thunder
5 (Conner, Ethan, Tommy, Trent, and Kira)

Power Rangers S.P.D.
14 (Jack, Sky, Bridge, Doggie, Sam, 'Beevor', 'Cliff', 'Ivan', Charlie, 'Rachel', Z, Syd, Kat, and Nova)

Power Rangers Mystic Force
8 (Nick, Xander, Chip, Daggeron, Leanbow, Udonna, Madison, and Vida)

Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
6 (Mack, Will, Dax, Tyzonn, Ronny, and Rose)

Power Rangers Jungle Fury
8 (Casey, Theo, RJ, Dom, Finn, Phant, Swoop, and Lily)

Power Rangers RPM
7 (Scott, Dillon, Flynn, Ziggy, Gem, Summer, and Gemma)

Power Rangers Samurai/Super Samurai
7 (Jayden, Kevin, Mike, Antonio, Mia, Emily, and Lauren)

Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce
7 (Troy, Noah, Jake, 'Zador', Robo Knight, Gia, and Emma)

Add all those Rangers together, and you get a grand total of 130 Rangers/Ranger-like allies over the course of 21 seasons (with Super Megaforce counting as a separate season).

Note 1: Single quotes around a Ranger's name indicates that said name is unofficial

Last edited by DigificWriter; October 6 2013 at 04:47 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 03:23 PM   #890
Christopher
Writer

^Weren't the Psycho Rangers more monsters than Rangers per se? IIRC, they weren't even real people, just some sort of twisted duplicate. And there was something earlier, in MMPR, I think, where Zedd recruited a team of teens to be evil Rangers in costumes duplicating the heroes' costumes, and they don't get counted.

Old October 6 2013, 04:27 PM   #891
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ I should have counted the Dark Rangers and forgot to do so. I also should've counted the Wild West Rangers and didn't.

As for the Psychos, 3 of them - Red, Yellow, and Black - did have human forms, or at least human-form disguises, as seen in the episode Silence is Golden. Plus, the word 'Ranger' is actually part of their codename, which makes them count 'by default'.

Including the Dark Rangers - Justin, Zane, Bobby, Tina, and Kristen - and Wild West Rangers - Rocko, Abraham, William, and (Miss) Alicia - brings the total up to 139.
Old October 6 2013, 04:41 PM   #892
Agent Richard07
Retired

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Power Rangers Jungle Fury
5 (Casey, Theo, RJ, Dom, and Lily)
There's also the Spirit Rangers, if you want to count those.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:45 PM   #893
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ I also forgot them as well (it was late), which brings the total up to 142.
Old October 6 2013, 06:02 PM   #894
Christopher
Writer

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Including the Dark Rangers - Justin, Zane, Bobby, Tina, and Kristen - and Wild West Rangers - Rocko, Abraham, William, and (Miss) Alicia - brings the total up to 139.
But the "Wild West Rangers" were just the main cast members playing their own implausibly identical ancestors, Back to the Future-style.

Old October 6 2013, 06:04 PM   #895
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ They still had distinct names and therefore count as individuals and as individual Power Rangers.
Old October 6 2013, 06:21 PM   #896
Christopher
Writer

In-story, yes, but I was clarifying their status for readers who might not know who they were. If you were counting the actors who have played Power Rangers (not counting stunt performers and voiceover artists), the number would be substantially lower than if you're counting the characters.

If you really wanted to get ultra-thorough, there were also several incarnations of the franchise where we got brief glimpses of ancient, ancestral Rangers from whom the main characters inherited the legacy -- I think MMPR, Wild Force, and Samurai are all examples of this. Most of them were never named or seen out of uniform, but I'm pretty sure we saw Jayden's father as the Red Samurai Ranger in a flashback or two, so he'd have to be counted.

Old October 6 2013, 06:50 PM   #897
cylkoth
Commodore

^^ And don't leave out the Turbo 2.5 Robot Rangers of Justin, TJ, Carlos, Ashley, and Cassie,, that Demetria created and sent off into space to aid Zordon.
Old October 6 2013, 07:03 PM   #898
Christopher
Writer

^I completely forgot that. Evidently they weren't successful.

Old October 6 2013, 07:10 PM   #899
Elias Vaughn
Captain

Five nameless putties and Commander Crayfish should totally count.
Elias Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 07:34 PM   #900
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
In-story, yes, but I was clarifying their status for readers who might not know who they were. If you were counting the actors who have played Power Rangers (not counting stunt performers and voiceover artists), the number would be substantially lower than if you're counting the characters.

If you really wanted to get ultra-thorough, there were also several incarnations of the franchise where we got brief glimpses of ancient, ancestral Rangers from whom the main characters inherited the legacy -- I think MMPR, Wild Force, and Samurai are all examples of this. Most of them were never named or seen out of uniform, but I'm pretty sure we saw Jayden's father as the Red Samurai Ranger in a flashback or two, so he'd have to be counted.
The 17th Samurai team and Sky's father should count, but we don't have names - official or otherwise - for them, and I didn't want to keep writing 'so-and-so's father/mother'.

As far as 'ancient Rangers' are concerned, there was never any indication that the warriors who fought battles against evil in ages past, such as the Morphin Masters or Merrick's ancient compatriots, were in fact Rangers.