Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 17 2011, 11:45 PM   #286
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy
Re: Power Rangers

samurai8472^ that is cool link are you from that arera of japan? I am an american but was born in tokyo I donated some money no shirts my size big guy . very cool links I feel for them . do you know if there going to save the reactor ?
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2011, 02:21 AM   #287
timothy
Rear Admiral

POWER RANGERS SAMURAI :

so It starts this week end or did it start last weekend and i missed the first episode ?

any how got it slaved to my dvr I wont miss any of it .
Old March 19 2011, 02:43 AM   #288
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

^Power Ranger Samurai started 6 weeks ago

timothy wrote: View Post
samurai8472^ that is cool link are you from that area of japan? I am an american but was born in tokyo I donated some money no shirts my size big guy . very cool links I feel for them . do you know if there going to save the reactor ?

I'm from America. The community of Power Ranger fans(for if there were no Sentai there would be no Power Rangers) and Sentai fans have gathered up resources to send the Red Cross.

I think the count is more than 5000 dollars

Also this weekend Sentai and kamen Rider resume airing episodes after not airing last week to cover tsunami coverage.
Old March 19 2011, 03:08 AM   #289
timothy
Rear Admiral

cool sentai rules what season is kamen rider on ?
Old March 19 2011, 03:12 AM   #290
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Kamen Rider is nearing it's 40 year. A big 40th anniversary movie is set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50YsY2bqvsU

The heisei era as it's called, restarted the franchise in 2000.
Old March 19 2011, 07:48 PM   #291
Christopher
Writer

Well, I watched the Saturday noon rebroadcast of "There Go the Brides" on DigificWriter's recommendation. And I tend to agree with Kelthaz -- it was a lot more palatable than prior episodes and had a decent story, but the cast still sucks (especially Brittany Anne Pirtle, whose acting is on a school-play level) and the fight banter is still unpleasant and disturbingly bloodthirsty. Also the problem with adapting Shinkenger so exactly is that Japanese attitudes toward gender roles are a couple of decades behind the American curve -- or maybe it's just the Japanese cultural mores that promote quiet endurance of hardship rather than confrontation, but it bugged me that all the kidnapped brides were just passively weeping rather than getting angry about having their weddings ruined. In fact, I was hoping that was where they were going with Mia's staged abduction -- that after she was relieved of her morpher, she'd be thrown in with the other brides and would rally them to stop crying and stand up for themselves.

At least they're moving beyond splattering food on Bulk, but he and Spike didn't really contribute much here. I did like Spike's line after the first abduction, wondering if there was any leftover cake. Although I've just now realized he probably meant wedding cake rather than just being fixated on Bulk's metaphor, so it wasn't quite as silly a comment as I'd thought.

And I guess this "Dekker" guy with the skull face is the inevitable Mysterious Villain Who Turns Out to Be a Brainwashed/Amnesiac Hero and Eventually Becomes the Sixth Ranger. I wonder if there will be anything about this iteration that hasn't already been done several times before.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2011, 11:31 PM   #292
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

They've already cast the Gold Samurai/Shinken Gold. He's suppose to be a Jim Carrey rubber face guy.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Wesley_%28Samurai%29

So he's basically going to be Genta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXnMzlhXBY

Jonathan Tzachor declares Disney seasons are non-canon

From Twitter:
On Saturday 19th March 2011, DarkBlaze_HJU said:

Chris Funaro: "We've been told Jonathan deems nothing since Disney took PR away from MMPR Productions to be canon. They had to fight to include NS-RPM on the official site specifically because Jonathan deemed those seasons out of continuity (no way they were subtracting the potential revenue stream from the reruns simply to kowtow to his demands)."

Poweranimals and myself questioned him on this. His response: "The staff writers have told a few people, myself included. I got told both by the people overseeing the revamp of the official site (specifically that Jonathan wanted the Disney seasons taken down outright) and by one of the writing consultants. My standard two-person confirm policy. Once the identity of the latter is released, nobody should doubt the veracity."
Old March 19 2011, 11:48 PM   #293
Christopher
Writer

Oh, so this isn't the Sixth-Ranger-to-be? Well, at least it's not Tommy/Zen-Aku/Koragg all over again. But I'm not happy about the Jim Carrey comparison.

And Tzachor's throwing out everything post-WF? That's a shame. Some of the Disney seasons were disappointing, but they respected what came before and expanded on it fairly well overall. I can understand declaring RPM out of continuity for practical reasons, since it would be hard to reconcile subsequent seasons with it. But tossing them all out just because Saban didn't make them? That's a little extreme.

I mean, it's not like Power Rangers even has a strong continuity anyway. So what's the difference? It seems kind of petty to even try to take them down from the official site.

Old March 20 2011, 12:18 AM   #294
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I can already tell the Legend War footage from Gokaiger will be butchered or it will be all new Saban Approved footage with only 10 teams.
Old March 20 2011, 02:01 AM   #295
timothy
Rear Admiral

So out of this new series I know I have missed a few episodes . HOW many have I missed pryor to " there go the brides " and where can I go to get caught up on them ? and I thought bulk left earth in LOST GALAXIES ?
Old March 20 2011, 04:15 AM   #296
Christopher
Writer

timothy wrote: View Post
and I thought bulk left earth in LOST GALAXIES ?
He did, but he was back on Earth without explanation in the tenth anniversary episode "Forever Red" in Wild Force. Like I said, this is not a franchise that has ever had a very tight or unified continuity.

Old March 20 2011, 08:13 AM   #297
JRoss
Captain

^Exactly. When the majority of a series is composed of stock footage of another series, then continuity ought to be considered moot. This is a show people watch for fun spandex-on-foam rubber fights, not intricate storytelling.
JRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 11:58 AM   #298
Kaziarl
Commodore

I'm a bit late to this conversation, especially since this concerns the first episode. But did I hear correctly? The bad guys are some kind of demon that sustain themselves with a river that flows from tears of fear and sorrow?

Seems a bit darker then most incarnations, although I haven't actively watched in years to be honest. Certainly a step up from finding the villain in a trash can on the moon.
Old March 20 2011, 01:30 PM   #299
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
I can already tell the Legend War footage from Gokaiger will be butchered or it will be all new Saban Approved footage with only 10 teams.
No, they will use all of it and Saban himself will tell Tzachor to take his personal opinion about canon and shove it.

Honestly, Tzachor's just one guy, why should anyone care what he considers canon and what not? He's in charge of Samurai because Saban gave him the job, he's not in charge of the entire franchise. He's an employee and employees don't get to make decisions like that. He can ignore previous seasons for Samurai, but nothing's removed from canon because a butthurt employee doesn't like that Disney continued to produce PR without him.
He doesn't care if a season is Saban or Disney, he considers Wild Force canon and that was a Disney season. The difference? He still worked on it.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 06:16 PM   #300
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Wildforce was still under Saban after ABC Kid's picked it up.

Ninja Storm was when the change over was complete(New Zealand)