Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 26 2010, 08:13 PM   #136
Doctor King
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Power Rangers

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Goukaiger's first trailer aired after the current series Goseiger's episode 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKSaraALbcg
The video was removed!
Doctor King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2010, 02:06 AM   #137
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

New link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfD40-1Vbo

With subs by tvnihon

HQ scans

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2010, 06:50 AM   #138
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Adm. V'ates wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Two minute preview for Power Ranger Samurai

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-clip.html

And for comparison sakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS7Cq8Fm4PA
The original Japanese is superior, in my opinion. Has more style and personality to it. the PRS version looks bland and generic.
The males in the originals look like trannies for christsakes.
Old December 28 2010, 12:31 AM   #139
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

The males in the originals look like trannies for christsakes.
Well I guess you will have to divert your eyes from next years cast.

Magazine scans

Old January 1 2011, 08:34 PM   #140
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Hyper Hobby scans

This first page covers the Red Rangers. Year 18: Kakuranger, Red Ninja with a inset picture of five Kakuranger; Year 30: Bouken Red with Zuuban sword mode and five Boukenger in inset; Two pictures of Aka Ranger from Year 1: Goranger (inset picture blocked by www.modxtoy.com wetmark); Year 3: Battle Fever J, Battle Japan and inset picture of 5 person team; Year 12: Liveman, Red Falcon with inset of 3 Liveman (there was 5); and Year 23: GoGoV, Go Red and inset picture of the five.

Year 25: Gaored and inset of 5 Gaoranger; Year 21: MegaRed vs. Yugande and inset of 5 Megaranger; Year 9: Change Dragon and inset of Changeman; Year 33: Shinken Red and inset of Shinkenger; Year 14: Five Red and inset of Fiveman; Year 24: Time Red and inset of Timeranger; and Year 34: Gosei Red and inset of Goseiger.

This page deals with the girls. Year 28: Dekaranger, Jasmine (Yellow), Jan (red), and Umeko (Pink) and inset of 5; Year 29: Magiranger, pictures of Houka (Pink) and Umeko (Blue) and inset of 5; Year 19: Ohranger, Momo (Pink) in swimsuit and inset of 5; Year 32: G3 Princess (Villain Kegaleshia, Saki (Yellow), and Miu (Silver) and inset of 5; Year 6: Dynaman, Dyna Pink and Denjiman inset. Picture next to her is Nanami (Hurricane Blue) and Villain Furabijou of Hurricanger and Denji Princess below them. I forget who the girl in the school uniform is.

This page deals with villains. Year #31: Mele and Rio and inset of 3 Gekiranger; to the right is Zonette and Gyamo of Carranger; Year #4: Denjiman inset and Queen Heridan; Year #5: Queen Heridan and inset of Sun Vulcan; Year #13: Kirika and Yanimaru with Turboranger inset; Year #10: Flashman villains and inset of Flashman. Below are Bio Hunter Silver of Silver, some guy I don't recall and Year #7: Dark Knight of Dynaman (in the inset, blocked by wetmark).

This page deals with sixth or additional rangers. Year #20: Signalman and Carranger in inset; Year #16: Dragon Ranger and Zyuranger Inset; Year #17: Kibaranger and Dairanger inset; Year #27: Abare Killer and 3 Abaranger inset. Shurikenger of Hurricanger is left to him. Year #2: JAKQ, Big One and four JAKQ inset; Ninjaman of Kakuranger is left to Big One. Miu in inset left from Go-On Silver and Go-On Gold of Go-Onger.

This page deals with allies. Above Right is Battle Fever J and above left is Commander Ibuki of Changeman. Year #15: the commander lady from Jetman; Year #22: the tree and acorn of Gingaman, Year #11: the floaty mentor and his team Maskman, Master Shafu of Gekiranger, DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger of Dekaranger, and the dog is Denji Dog of Denjiman. Year #26: Oboro and her hamster father of Hurricanger.
Old January 1 2011, 08:42 PM   #141
Christopher
Writer

I didn't recognize Goseiger, and then I figured out it's the year after Shinkenger -- the show that will be adapted next after Power Rangers Samurai (assuming the renewed franchise lasts past one season). I'm forgetting that because of the year off, Power Rangers is now at least two years behind Super Sentai instead of just one. Interesting costume designs on Goseiger. Another animal-themed season, and they've found a novel way of incorporating the animal imagery into the helmets. I wonder what Saban will make of it.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2011, 10:10 PM   #142
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I gave up around/after Turbo. I hung in as long as some of the original cast was there, but after that, I totally gave up.

The show was great as a kid, but I've tried re-watching and... ugh. It doesn't hold up. Real Ghostbusters cartoon? Holds up. BTAS? Awesome, to the day. MMPR? Not so much.

Still, I'd likely buy the original stuff, first few seasons, on DVD to show my 4 year old nephew.

I had such a platonic crush on Jason David Frank as the Green/White ranger. He was just so awesome! I hated when he was off for a while between green and white, and when he came back as the white ranger, OMG, I almost cried with joy. Always hated the over-rated red ranger, Jason. Bleh!

Lord Zedd was such a good villain, too. Honestly, his look and voice, he could be a real good believable villain in other things. Outside of the cheesy kids stuff. He was scary. Loved it.

I remember how devastated I was when he succeded and destroyed the original Dino Zords. But then how awesome it was when they got the dragon zords!

...Sigh.

Put the damn original stuff out on DVD, damnit! If Saban had enough money to buy it back from DISNEY, why not reap the nostalgia cash-flow with DVDs?

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2011, 10:22 PM   #143
Peak
Fleet Captain

The "original" (pre-disney) seasons are pretty much completely available in Germany. Most of it with english language track too.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...sixx&x=21&y=24

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2011, 10:55 PM   #144
Christopher
Writer

Frontier wrote: View Post
I gave up around/after Turbo. I hung in as long as some of the original cast was there, but after that, I totally gave up.

The show was great as a kid, but I've tried re-watching and... ugh. It doesn't hold up. Real Ghostbusters cartoon? Holds up. BTAS? Awesome, to the day. MMPR? Not so much.
Oh, definitely. MMPR was the weakest incarnation of Power Rangers in every respect except casting. It was actually with Turbo that it started getting smarter. The season after that, Power Rangers in Space, is considered by many to be its pinnacle, although there are several later seasons I thought were even better, the peaks being Time Force and the last season to date, RPM.

Old January 1 2011, 11:10 PM   #145
SG-17
Commodore

After Turbo I stopped watching until Time Force and from there until Dino Thunder. After Dino Thunder I just gave up.
SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2011, 11:19 PM   #146
Christopher
Writer

You guys should really give RPM a try if you can find it. It's Power Rangers for people who find Power Rangers too silly. It's practically a Battlestar Galactica-style gritty reboot of the franchise, with a darker premise and richer characterization than prior seasons and abundant deconstruction of longtime PR tropes (though it's also quite funny). It also has the strongest cast since the original MMPR team.

Old January 2 2011, 07:20 PM   #147
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Official Name confirmed

Red: Captain Marvelous
Blue: Joe Gibken
Green: Don Dockoiyer(Doctor)
Yellow: Luca Millefi
Pink: Aim De Famille

I thought these would be their nicknames but nope. Green's name is suppose to have ties to "The Doctor" as in Doctor Who Doctor
Old January 9 2011, 12:17 AM   #148
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

New Gokaiger promo just aired!

Begin your fanwanking
Old January 9 2011, 12:29 AM   #149
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
You know, as sick as it sounds, I'd love to see a reboot of the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Maybe turn the Green Ranger saga into a movie.
Sorry, but Amy Jo Johnson will ALWAYS be the Pink Ranger to me
Old January 16 2011, 08:03 AM   #150
SG-17
Commodore

Isn't Samurai the first Power Rangers season since Wild Force to have 5 starting rangers instead of 3?
SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote