RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,309
Posts: 5,721,142
Members: 25,769
Currently online: 390
Newest member: fazilamo

TrekToday headlines

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Koenig Joins Captain Pike Project
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Retro Review: Ex Post Facto
By: Michelle on May 22

Smallwood: Creating The Xindi
By: T'Bonz on May 21

Greenwood Joins O.J. Simpson Series
By: T'Bonz on May 21

The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 3 2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Grant
Fleet Captain
 
Grant's Avatar
 
The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Hey.

I just got Invaders IN COLOR from my local library and i have watched 6 episodes and I like it okay so far.

I have a few questions if anybody knows the answers........

Did the show have any other recurring characters?

Were there any two-parters?

Was there a wrap-up?

Any true classic ("City on he Edge..") episodes/

And was there ever a follow up in any form or remake?

Thanks and try to keep it major spoiler free!!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore
 
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Grant wrote: View Post
And was there ever a follow up in any form or remake?
There is a sequel miniseries from the 90s, starring Scott Bakula and also featuring Roy Thinnes. It was pretty lackluster though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112018/
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Grant wrote: View Post
Did the show have any other recurring characters?
It gains a second regular character, Edgar Scoville (Kent Smith), in the latter half of the second (final) season.


Were there any two-parters?
There's one, episodes 9-10 of season 2.


Was there a wrap-up?
I don't think so.
__________________
Written Worlds -- My blog and webpage
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Noname Given
Vice Admiral
 
Location: None Given
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Grant wrote: View Post
Hey.

I just got Invaders IN COLOR from my local library and i have watched 6 episodes and I like it okay so far.

I have a few questions if anybody knows the answers........

Did the show have any other recurring characters?

Were there any two-parters?

Was there a wrap-up?

Any true classic ("City on he Edge..") episodes/

And was there ever a follow up in any form or remake?

Thanks and try to keep it major spoiler free!!
There is a good two parter late in the series, yes. In the second season they start tio get away from the 'lone witness' angle; which IMO made the show better imo.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2010, 01:07 AM   #5
MANT!
Rear Admiral
 
MANT!'s Avatar
 
Location: in Atomo-vision
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

But no wrap up.....the 3rd season planned was "supposedly" going to have members of the US military covertly helping Vincent as a unit..but as that season wasn't greenlighted, we'll never know...
__________________
Ryan Ladson Geddings 03-06-1989 to 11-27-2013
Requiescat in pace
MANT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2010, 06:40 PM   #6
Grant
Fleet Captain
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Thanks people.

It sounds like it improves in season 2 which is good to know.

Really like Thinnes----he does well with an underwritten part (after the first 8 episodes anyway.)
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Saga
Rear Admiral
 
Saga's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

about halfway through the second season things start to change. goes from just Vincent working alone or with a guest star to working with a group of people. just finished the 4th disk earlier actually.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2010, 10:21 PM   #8
ToddPence
Fleet Captain
 
ToddPence's Avatar
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Grant wrote: View Post
Hey.

Any true classic ("City on he Edge..") episodes/
A couple of exceptional episodes are the first season "The Innocent" in which Michael Rennie plays an alien who tries to convince Vincent that alien rule will be beneficial to mankind and that their goal is to turn Earth into a Utopia.
Also the second season's "The Ransom" in which Vincent manages to kidnap an important alien leader (Micheal Rennie). In an effort to get him to the authorities, he becomes surrounded by alien forces in an isolated cabin with a misanthropic old poet (Laurence Naismith) who is apathetic about the situation. I selected "The Ransom" as one of my top fifty television episodes of the 1960's, but I could as easily have picked "The Innocent" in it's spot.
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2010, 11:49 PM   #9
Saga
Rear Admiral
 
Saga's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

ToddPence wrote: View Post
Grant wrote: View Post
Hey.

Any true classic ("City on he Edge..") episodes/
A couple of exceptional episodes are the first season "The Innocent" in which Michael Rennie plays an alien who tries to convince Vincent that alien rule will be beneficial to mankind and that their goal is to turn Earth into a Utopia.
Also the second season's "The Ransom" in which Vincent manages to kidnap an important alien leader (Micheal Rennie). In an effort to get him to the authorities, he becomes surrounded by alien forces in an isolated cabin with a misanthropic old poet (Laurence Naismith) who is apathetic about the situation. I selected "The Ransom" as one of my top fifty television episodes of the 1960's, but I could as easily have picked "The Innocent" in it's spot.
while Michael Rennie did return in Season 2 it was in the two part 'Summit Meeting' not 'The Ransom'.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2010, 03:59 AM   #10
ToddPence
Fleet Captain
 
ToddPence's Avatar
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
Re: The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

My bad. I meant to say Alfred Ryder.
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.